found a cheap conditioner

Hey guys, thought I'd let you know that Garnier Fructis Body & Volume conditioner has no silicones! Not sure how well it works but it's out there if you're interested. I checked it out after reading it on this site

http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/free.html

And was curious cause most of the cheap brands have different formulas over here. Not this time
2b, medium, lots of them
CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
Awesome! Thanks for telling us. I'm probably going to try it, after my Pears runs out. Not that there's anything wrong with Pears, but change is fun.
Are there many other silicone-free Garnier products? I think one of the gels is...it's called 24-Hour Endurance, or something like that. Could something else in their Body and Volume line be the CG deep conditioner/leave in that so many Aussies seem to be looking for?
Fine and thin 2C in Australia

Last edited by Amda; 09-08-2008 at 07:52 AM.
um... not sure. I think feralcurls said she uses the 24 gel. and I use the strong hold. I think all their gels are CG friendly. I didn't even think to check out the other stuff in the Body and Volume line. Would be great if they were!
2b, medium, lots of them
CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
I think aldi has CG conditioners (i say think because I couldn't see anything bad in them but i'm only new) they're huge and only $2.
What kind of a shop is aldi? I've never been to one, but I've seen them mentioned on this board a couple of times..
Fine and thin 2C in Australia
It is like a discount supermarket that sells all sorts of stuff.

Yep I use the 24 hour Garnier gel. From what I can see it is CG. I have never been a gel person but do like this. It scrunches out nicely, smells nice and is cheap!
ok update with the body and volume GF. Unfortunately it has no where enough moisture for my hair, so maybe it would work as a co-wash, but for me it just isn't moisturizing enough.
i have started swimming a bit recently so that could be it as well, but in that case, i definitely need more moisture.
2b, medium, lots of them
CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
Bugger. Would you say it has more or less moisture than Pears?
Fine and thin 2C in Australia
hmmm... can't remember. i'm thinking less moisture. maybe about the same. sorry can't be more help
i'm going with less.
But there are also the facts that i've been bashing my hair with chlorine, so it's hard to say if my hair is just really parched.
sorry again, i'm going with less moisture that pears, but it depends what your hair needs
2b, medium, lots of them
CG: 21 Apr 08, Mod CG: 24 Aug 08
My blog: Can't Stop Thinking About Hair
I might try the Fructis for my co-wash but I'll probably have to find something with more moisture for my dry hair. I bought the Garnier Fructis Curl Define Mousse a few weeks ago (before I heard of CG, but after I started thinking about embracing my curl) but I don't think it's 'safe' for CG.

Which Pears conditioner are you talking about? I'll have to add it to my 'to try' list.
I used Pears moisturising care conditioner as a co-wash but I couldn't find it (only found it in Price Line and IGA) so I bought Garnier Fructis Body & Volume conditioner instead. I'm busting to try it for my co-wash because I am NOT swapping anything for my Hello Hydration. HEHH is tha bomb LOL but it is. I miss my Pears though. I'm scared Garnier won't work out for me but I've used it in the past successfully as a treatment. Since it's body & volume, it might gives me some more lift at the roots and bounce???
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


Ok I'm here with a lil update! The body & volume condish is a great co-wash cos it's so light (but you have to use about two big blobs), I have a tiny bit more volume and root curl formation, but today I tried it as a detangling condish and can I just say that it huuurrrt trying to comb all the knots out! I had to get a lil tlc with a tiny blob of HEHH to help comb out and it was so much better! HEHH has amazing detangling attributes and moisturising qualities but the garnier is an excellent co-wash. Not swapping those two for anything else as long as they keep the formula the same. Plus you can find them anywhere and they're cheap, they also smell fabulous!! Just don't use the garnier as a rinse out, just a co-wash or even a leave in because of the lightness.
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


I think aldi has CG conditioners (i say think because I couldn't see anything bad in them but i'm only new) they're huge and only $2.
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Just to let everyone know the Aldi Condish CurlyWurlyGurly was talking about is called Five Stars.
Brunette 3a/b Aussie with Curls
-----------------------------------------------------
CG n' Lovin it
--------------------------------------



I think aldi has CG conditioners (i say think because I couldn't see anything bad in them but i'm only new) they're huge and only $2.
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Just to let everyone know the Aldi Condish CurlyWurlyGurly was talking about is called Five Stars.
Originally Posted by xXCurlyGurliexX
is this the orange and white ones and they're really cheap?
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
I think aldi has CG conditioners (i say think because I couldn't see anything bad in them but i'm only new) they're huge and only $2.
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Just to let everyone know the Aldi Condish CurlyWurlyGurly was talking about is called Five Stars.
Originally Posted by xXCurlyGurliexX
is this the orange and white ones and they're really cheap?
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Yaa, white bottle, orange lid. bought some the other day, only $2.50 4 a 1L bottle + it is CG friendly, no cones no sulfate
Brunette 3a/b Aussie with Curls
-----------------------------------------------------
CG n' Lovin it
--------------------------------------




Last edited by xXCurlyGurliexX; 07-25-2009 at 03:48 AM. Reason: font was too small and hard to read
Hey guys, thought I'd let you know that Garnier Fructis Body & Volume conditioner has no silicones! Not sure how well it works but it's out there if you're interested. I checked it out after reading it on this site

http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/free.html

And was curious cause most of the cheap brands have different formulas over here. Not this time
Originally Posted by a curly q
Where did u get the GF Body & Volume from?? Kmart and Coles still have the old formula with Amodimethicone in it. Haven't checked priceline yet tho.
Brunette 3a/b Aussie with Curls
-----------------------------------------------------
CG n' Lovin it
--------------------------------------




Just to let everyone know the Aldi Condish CurlyWurlyGurly was talking about is called Five Stars.
Originally Posted by xXCurlyGurliexX
is this the orange and white ones and they're really cheap?
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly
Yaa, white bottle, orange lid. bought some the other day, only $2.50 4 a 1L bottle + it is CG friendly, no cones no sulfate
Originally Posted by xXCurlyGurliexX
Are you using the Aldi's condish as a co-wash or a conditioner? I just started the CG routine and am currently using Pears for co-wash. Works a treat but I am running out fast as my hair needs quite a bit of it. =(
I've used it before, i kept a bottle of it at my boyfriends house s i didn't have to lug stuff there all the time. It was awhile ago but from memory it was pretty light and worked well as a co-wash for me. It's such a good price for the quantity.
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
Just getting back on the Garnier topic, have any of you tried Garnier Nutri-Repair conditioner? The silicone/paraben free conditioner w/ Olive oil, Avocado & Shea Butter? I've tried it and loved it! It is very rich & hydrating! I'm looking for it again tomorrow while Chrissy shopping.

I've only found it in Big W so far, they sell the big 400ml bottles there
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com