Go Back   CurlTalk > Swap boards > Aussie swap board

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #1
 
AlannahAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 526
Default Aussies on CurlMart

Hi again. I just want to know how curlmart works for us aussies. The price is written in american $$$ so if we want to get products shipped from U.S to aus how would the payments work out? If you're an aussie who's ordered from curlmart before what did the process consist of??
Thanks (lol I know I'm so full of questions)
xoxo
__________________
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


AlannahAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
 
curlywurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,180
Default

I'm pretty sure that it was just converted from US$ to AUD by my credit card company (well my boyfriends but same thing). Before i finished my order i looked on XE.com to check about how much it should be.
I know when i ordered, the shipping was about as much as I'd spent...which kinda sucks, but i looked at trying to get some products else where and a lot of sites can't ship to Australia or internationally?
HTH
__________________
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 01:36 AM   #3
 
AlannahAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly View Post
I'm pretty sure that it was just converted from US$ to AUD by my credit card company (well my boyfriends but same thing). Before i finished my order i looked on XE.com to check about how much it should be.
I know when i ordered, the shipping was about as much as I'd spent...which kinda sucks, but i looked at trying to get some products else where and a lot of sites can't ship to Australia or internationally?
HTH
Cool, so the price automatically converts to aus $$$? That's good. But the shipping thing is overrated haha it's like I want them to convert the product price but they can leave the shipping price the same mwahahah
Thanks girl xoxo
__________________
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


AlannahAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
 
Starmie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,991
Default

No, the price doesn't convert on the website, but it will show up as AU$ on your credit card statement. Like cwg said you can always check the exchange rate on one of the currency converter websites before you confirm your order, so you know what it will be in AU$.
__________________
3b in South Australia.
Starmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 PM   #5
 
curlywurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,180
Default

sorry for the confusion alannah (i confuse myself all the time!) - the curlmart doesn't automatically convert to AUD$..... starmie explained it much better.
__________________
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #6
 
AlannahAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 526
Default

Ok thanks guys for clearing that up! Been experimenting w/ low poo (not deva tho) that my mum orders but it has sulfonate bleh. My hair don't like much =\ As you can see in my siggie I might try out deva but I just needed a little help 2 clarify the process so thank you so so much
xo
__________________
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


AlannahAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 06:25 PM   #7
 
curlywurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,180
Default

I haven't personally tried deva, but if you wanted to try a low poo before you go shipping deva over you could see if you can get your hands on mastey traite shampoohttp://www.amazon.com/Traite-Mastey-.../dp/B000BL281C, which is sulfate free and usually readily available. It's really thick like conditioner and smells like coconut (you were the one who liked coconut right?), my only dislike about it was in winter it was hard to get outa the bottle - i just head it under the warm water in the shower for a bit so it was soften.
__________________
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #8
 
AlannahAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly View Post
I haven't personally tried deva, but if you wanted to try a low poo before you go shipping deva over you could see if you can get your hands on mastey traite shampoohttp://www.amazon.com/Traite-Mastey-.../dp/B000BL281C, which is sulfate free and usually readily available. It's really thick like conditioner and smells like coconut (you were the one who liked coconut right?), my only dislike about it was in winter it was hard to get outa the bottle - i just head it under the warm water in the shower for a bit so it was soften.
Yes I'm the one who's nuts about coconut. I might look into that it looks good. Any suggestion helps cos i've still got a lotta condish & gel to use up before shipping anything or buying yet another product... i'm slowly turning into a PJ
xox
__________________
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


AlannahAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 AM   #9
 
curlywurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,180
Default

I just wanted to add that now (well i've just found out) the mastey traite shampoo comes in a large size, think it's a liter. I think it was retailing for $20-something, which is very reasonable, especially considering i had the normal size bottle and it lasted me a good 4 or so months, if not more.
__________________
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #10
 
AlannahAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlywurlygurly View Post
I just wanted to add that now (well i've just found out) the mastey traite shampoo comes in a large size, think it's a liter. I think it was retailing for $20-something, which is very reasonable, especially considering i had the normal size bottle and it lasted me a good 4 or so months, if not more.
Cool! Thats pretty good 4 a liter! is their condish cone-less??
__________________
~ BIG *sexy* CURLS ~
~~~
Conditioner/Co-wash/Leave-in: Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair/Organic Instinct
Styler: Garnier Fructis 24-H
~~~


AlannahAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
 
goobernut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,295
Default

Yes, the few conditioner's I've looked at are silicone free
__________________
Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Hot and Humid SpaceCoast area of Florida * Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : Curlisto Bio-Gel Mousse, CJ DFCC, KMFUM, BHRG, Spiral Solutions -- Everything!!! Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.

goobernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlannahAngel View Post
Yes I'm the one who's nuts about coconut. I might look into that it looks good. Any suggestion helps cos i've still got a lotta condish & gel to use up before shipping anything or buying yet another product... i'm slowly turning into a PJ
xox
If you like coconut you could also try Graham's Naturals shampoo and conditioner, which is available at some health food stores. The bottles are yellow and green. The ingredients are all natural, and coconut oil is a major ingredient - it smells delish!
sunshine77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
 
curlywurlygurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,180
Default

oooh thanks for the suggestion sunshine
__________________
2 something Australian

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
curlywurlygurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com