CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Celebs' hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/celebs-hair/)
-   -   Halle Berry hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/celebs-hair/80032-halle-berry-hair.html)

hairstyleblogkristle 07-08-2009 01:21 PM

Halle Berry hair
 
Did you see that Halle Berry cut off her long hair into a short little spiky pixie cut?
http://www.hairstyle-blog.com/celebr...lle-berry.html
I personally preferred when she let her adorable natural curl come through towards the end of her pregnancy--I think that was my fave Halle Berry look!

godgavemecurls82 07-08-2009 02:26 PM

i knew she would cut it off eventually. i think she prefers short hairstyles. ehh, too each their own.:sunny:

Oregano (formerly babywavy) 07-08-2009 03:18 PM

I'm glad she went back to it. That's my favorite look for her.

xcptnl 07-08-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babywavy (Post 1020694)
I'm glad she went back to it. That's my favorite look for her.

Me too.

squigglez 07-09-2009 07:27 PM

me three. the short cut is the most becoming cut for halle. the other ones flatter but the short mane is beyond dynamite on her.

shorticurlz 07-09-2009 10:45 PM

I do love the short hair, but I think the long curly hair also looks great on her
http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityp...le-berry-7.jpg

fig jam 08-02-2009 02:38 PM

Let's face it, she's going to look good in anything, but I really prefer the short on her. It makes her gorgeous features stand out AND it makes her stand out. With long hair, she's more of just another pretty woman, if that makes sense . . .

*Marah* 08-04-2009 09:31 PM

Halle Berry is stunning either way.. but I never thought those curls were actually her hair. I saw pics of her when she was younger with her natural hair and her curls were much different. I do know she likes to play with different looks via weaves according to an interview she gave in a hair mag that I read.

After her pregnancy that curly afro was supposed to be for a movie where she plays a schizophrenic. From what I read, it was just a wig.

I honestly prefer her with her pixie cut though..it's just my favorite look on her hands down. She's sooooooo pretty all the time though.. LOL! I mean come on..it's Halle. :)

kalane 09-17-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marah Mizrahi (Post 1052563)
Halle Berry is stunning either way.. but I never thought those curls were actually her hair. I saw pics of her when she was younger with her natural hair and her curls were much different. I do know she likes to play with different looks via weaves according to an interview she gave in a hair mag that I read.

After her pregnancy that curly afro was supposed to be for a movie where she plays a schizophrenic. From what I read, it was just a wig.

I honestly prefer her with her pixie cut though..it's just my favorite look on her hands down. She's sooooooo pretty all the time though.. LOL! I mean come on..it's Halle. :)

I too was under the impression that a lot of those looks were just weaves & wigs. That being said, she looks amazing with a pixie cut. It's my absolute favorite on her.

xyziolo 12-23-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlylib (Post 1022403)
I do love the short hair, but I think the long curly hair also looks great on her
http://www.hairfinder.com/celebrityp...le-berry-7.jpg

This is not Halle's real hair type. She's 3b/3c or 3c. This is manipulated hair.

xyziolo 12-23-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oregano (formerly babywavy) (Post 1020694)
I'm glad she went back to it. That's my favorite look for her.

Yeah, it suits her so perfectly. She looks good any way but the short hair is phenomenal.

xyziolo 12-23-2010 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fig jam (Post 1049938)
Let's face it, she's going to look good in anything, but I really prefer the short on her. It makes her gorgeous features stand out AND it makes her stand out. With long hair, she's more of just another pretty woman, if that makes sense . . .

EXACTLY.

xyziolo 12-23-2010 02:56 PM

I think Halle is embarassed of her natural hair. Common mulatto hang-up...

In the james bond flick her hair gets wet in one scene and you quickly glimpse a lot of crimped/bumped waves - 3/c tight. But i think she h ad them do her hair quickly thereafter.

Here are a few pics but there aren't many that show her real hair. My mom would never be seen with her 3/c hair....relaxed and done hair ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS rain or shine, sick or health.

In the one with the long hair, she might have some extensions but you see some of her real texture, i think. And she used to be darker too...toni braxton-ish. Now she's yellower. Lightening creams....
people will do the darndest things...even when they're already beautiful.

xyziolo 12-23-2010 03:09 PM

It's really hard to say because the hair always appears somewhat done....

Wow, I've been posting ALL DAY...lol
ghost town at work...ugh!

multicultcurly 12-24-2010 09:08 PM

I don't think Halle hates her natural hair. After all, I think it might be a trait that helps her feel more attuned to her African American heritage since she didn't really know that side of her family. And yes I am aware that most Americans see her as predominantly black instead of parts black and Anglo. But from interviews she has done, that is my impression. I believe her natural hair is similar to the picture you posted with the tight curls, 3c/4a, tightly curly, but not necessarily kinky.

I loved Halle with the long curly hair. I think she was her prettiest with that look before Nahla was born. I think I'm the only one, at least on NC, who never thought Halle was a great beauty or looked great with the pixie cut. However, since she has become a mother, she has become quite a beauty and looks great with the pixie cut. I know that she has said that she prefers short hair because it is easier for her.

And her hair before she was famous looks the same as it does now, except she seems to use better products. The only thing different is her nose. It looks like she had a nose job done. Her nose isn't so wide and the bottom is slightly different than before. It's not drastic; I think that is why most people don't notice it.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com