I was at Sally Beauty the other day and came across this semi-permanent line called Clairol Professional Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent and thought I'd give it a try. This is a one-bottle method. No perioxide or ammonia or developer. I haven't colored my hair for several months now and really needed to do something. The deciding factor was that it was semi-permanent and they had ash tone in med brown and light brown. I've only used semis on my hair for the last year. I've got very minimal gray, in one part of the my hairline just to the left of my part, and some in my temples and a few randoms here and there.

I read the reviews online at makeupalley.com and sallybeauty.com. For the most part the reviews are positive. I usually have my husband color my hair, but his work schedule has been very hectic so I just did it myself.

WOW, I can't believe how rich my color is and the shine. My curls look great. I followed the directions and applied to shampooed, damp hair. I let it process for 25 minutes with a plastic cap on. I found it very easy to apply. I rinsed it out and my hair didn't have that dry feeling it can have right after coloring. I applied conditioner and my hair felt wonderfully moisturized when rinsed out.

It colored my random gray wonderfully by making it appear as little shimmers of golden brown. My temples took the color very well and are a dark-med brown shade. Now, the chunk of gray I have in my hairline to the left of my part didn't take as well as I'd hoped. I can still see some gray. So, tonight I'm going to just color that small area again and let it process for 35 minutes or so and see how that comes out.

Overall, I'm very happy with the way the rest of my hair looks. My natural color has been kicked up a notch and is very rich. I mixed 3/4 med ash brown with 1/4 med light brown. It is a perfect match for my natural hair color. I was in love with Garnier HerbaShine until they discontinued one of my shades and have been on the lookout for a replacement. I'm really liking this new semi line.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months