Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Coloring your hair

Old 08-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #1

SheBros's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Smile My Review of SB Clairol Radiance Colorgloss Demi-Permanent

Well I'm back to the drawing board again to try and find a semi/demi permanent hair color that doesn't fade too quick and covers the little gray I have.

I was at Sally Beauty this weekend and came upon Clairol Radiance Colorgloss Demi-Permanent hair color. And, to my surprise, they had light ash brown and dark ash brown. No medium ash brown but I could make do with these two shades. I mixed the light ash brown and dark ash brown (same ratio) hoping to achieve the perfect most natural shade.

Each bottle (2 oz) was $4.99. The 8 oz. bottle of developer was I believe less than $3. I had a ton of color left, so next time I'll be able to get 2 color jobs out of 2 bottles.

The application was easy. The smell was stronger than what I'm use to, but not too bad. After application I put on plastic cap for 15 minutes. Rinsed out and conditioned my hair. Applied my styling products and let my hair air dry.

Wow, I can't believe how shiny my hair is. The color turned out great. All gray was covered. Hair looked fantastic. Tons of bouncing curls too. The color is just a smidge darker than my natural hair color. Next time I'll mix light ash brown (2 parts) and dark ash brown (1 part) which should yield perfect results. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I can definitely live with this color.

Now, I've got to wait to see how long the color lasts. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity
Low Poo: Elucence Moisture Poo, Renpure Organics
Co-Wash: Tresseme Naturals, Giovanni TT
Rinse Out: Biologe Cond Balm, SS Deeply Decadent Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-In: Oyin Hair Dew, CJ Beautiful Curls,
Stylers: SS Curl Enhancing Jelly, SS Firm Holding Styling Gel, Jessicurl RR and CC, BRHG, Biolage Gelee
Extras: ACV rinses every couple of months
SheBros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #2

SheBros's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Talking

Just wanted to post back that the color is holding exceptionally well at this point. I don't have any fading or color loss on my grays. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
3B Fine (lots of it), Normal to High Porosity