this is my first post and it will be about how to use henna correctly, as am a middle eastern using Henna is a tradition and also used for beauty and as a medicine.
anyways all of u already knows the benefits and most of u experience dry hair after using Henna because guyz each hair type has its own recipe for henna oily hair has a different way of making henna than curly or dry hair.
First of all the best kind of Henna is the one from Yemen, Henna must be greenish and golden and smells strong, and should look a bit reddish when its a paste.
The recipe is:
- 10 table spoon of Henna (less or more according to ur hair).
- instead of warm water use boiled black tea or camomile tea as tea is very important for dry hair (wait for it too become warm).
- 2 table spoon of honey
- 2 table spoons of Mayonnaise.
- 1 table spoon of corn oil
- u can add the following herbs if u want extra shine, color or softness(ziziphus or could be called as rhamus,turmeric,fenugreek) these herbs are known among Arabs and Indians so u may ask any Indian or Arabian supermarkets.
ur paste should not be liquid it should be thick like a dough, never put it right a way u must wait for a whole day and leave it in room temperature place as henna needs a fermentation process,
put it only for 6 hours max never sleep with it, and the next day YOU MUST massage ur scalp and hair with coconut oil and then wash
Henna could be used every 15 days.
sorry it took so long but i soooo recommend u to try this, i will be posting some recipe to color ur hair with Henna in the future