CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Curly Fitness (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/curly-fitness/)
-   -   Get in Shape for 2012 (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/curly-fitness/134398-get-shape-2012-a.html)

Butterfly_Curlz 10-13-2011 11:50 AM

Get in Shape for 2012
 
So I was sitting around thinking how I made all these goals New Years and had plans to finally drop the baby/stress weight...and have I reached my goal yet? No. So I am committed to changing this and doing so now! I have joined a gym (for only $6 I might add until next yr, daycare and free fitness classes!), am eating healthier, drinking more water/green tea and attempting to eliminate as much stress out of my life as possible.

My goal is to either hit my goal weight before 2012 and maintain it next year or else to be well into a GOOD fitness routine when 2012 hits and continue with my weight loss/healthy life style efforts into the new year.

So who's with me?! You can join at anytime, just post what you wanna achieve before or by 2012 and check in to update your progress. Wish you all the best in reaching your goals!

myhair84 10-13-2011 01:09 PM

I just want to tone up my core and lower body. Everything else is fine. I hope to achieve this by working out with 6 week abs and lots of lines and squats lol. Don't have any goal weight but I don't want to lose any weight, don't have much to lose lol.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App

Butterfly_Curlz 10-16-2011 08:25 AM

Good luck on your goals! I really want to tighten and tone as well and I actually need to get off of this computer so that I can get to gym and get home to do my hair! Lol. Hopefully we will/can be a motivation to each other to stay on track with our goals:thumbright:!

Keyboo 10-16-2011 08:38 AM

I'm with ya. I plan on geting down 40 lbs before 2012 by cutting down junk food and workout at home.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using CurlTalk App

creativelicense 10-16-2011 10:04 PM

I have some goals in mind for the end of this year and beyond. I know next year I want to run a 5K. I despised running when I was much younger but have finally started to embrace it.

I also want to commit myself to exercising at least every other day and hopefully everyday, to gain strength and muscle tone. I have a bike and have been biking close to 3 miles every few days for the last two weeks, which is great. I just have a tendency to start something and then fall off the wagon.

I really have no excuses, I live the near the beach and I can go outside my door and start exercising. Maybe by putting forth my goal here, I will have more accountability.

Heaven88 10-16-2011 11:54 PM

I want to loose 15 pounds and tone. I'm going to start eating healthy, working out, drinking more water and try to avoid junk food...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

Butterfly_Curlz 10-17-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keyboo (Post 1788861)
I'm with ya. I plan on geting down 40 lbs before 2012 by cutting down junk food and workout at home.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using CurlTalk App

I've been putting things off and putting them off (due to one thing or another) and its finally just like enough is enough. This IS what I want but I'm clearly not gonna get there on wishes & dreams alone. Lol. So I'm trying to focus on doing all that I can each day and just taking it one step at a time. It seems to be working so far! I have already lost some inches in my arm, waist and hips. Yah!:thumbright:

Quote:

Originally Posted by creativelicense (Post 1789339)
I have some goals in mind for the end of this year and beyond. I know next year I want to run a 5K. I despised running when I was much younger but have finally started to embrace it.

I also want to commit myself to exercising at least every other day and hopefully everyday, to gain strength and muscle tone. I have a bike and have been biking close to 3 miles every few days for the last two weeks, which is great. I just have a tendency to start something and then fall off the wagon.

I really have no excuses, I live the near the beach and I can go outside my door and start exercising. Maybe by putting forth my goal here, I will have more accountability.

ITA w/the accountability part. Writing it down as well as doing this online with others definitely helps a lot. Congrats on taking on such a major goal! I used to hate running when I was younger too and have really just gotten into it as well and really like it. I had to stop a few weeks ago bc I had an emergency surgery however I am working my way back up to running and with all the amenities that my new gym offers (including unlimited daycare for $5 a month) I REALLY have NO EXCUSE!


Quote:

Originally Posted by Heaven88 (Post 1789418)
I want to loose 15 pounds and tone. I'm going to start eating healthy, working out, drinking more water and try to avoid junk food...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using CurlTalk App

I wish I only had 15pds to lose! Lol. I WILL get there though. I actually got up at 5am today and went with my mom to our first spinning class. It was better than I thought. I was a little intimidated by the idea of it at first but I actually really like it. We plan on doing that Mon, Wed & Fridays and then on Tues & Thursdays doing our regular workouts in the gym. Later on I'm hoping to add some yoga, kickboxing and Pilates classes into the mix. Right now I'm pretty happy with my exercise regimen and I have been doing well with increasing my water/green tea intake as well as taking my vitamins.

Good luck to us all. Here's to having fab bodies in 2012!:occasion5:

Butterfly_Curlz 10-18-2011 12:10 PM

So I went to the gym today and to my surprise it was a lot easier than it was before. Idk if its just my body getting used to exercising again on a regular basis or if that spin class I did yesterday helped but today's workout seemed like a walk in the park compared to the spinning.

I plan on doing another spin class early tomorrow. I just hope my thighs aren't as sore tomorrow as they are now!

KookyCurl 10-18-2011 12:49 PM

I have a lot I want to lose but I plan to take it in 10 lb increments. It's easier that way. I can't start any routine seriously until I get my butt to the dr's and get my lungs checked out. My asthma has been bad and with a lack of insurance lately I haven't been able to treat it as I should. That has changed recently though so once I get it under control it's full steam ahead!

Going back to work and getting a new apartment have been great for me though! I feel like I eat more, but I'm eating better and better every day as well as just getting more movement into my daily routine. I'm also sleeping better so that's a huge help. It's getting colder here all the time so I want to get back to my Wii and my 30 day shred.

I had lost 5 lbs when I weighed myself last night, which is impressive because I'm PMS'ing and bloated and I've been retaining water like crazy lately. Slow and steady does it, but it's beyond time to get it done.

Butterfly_Curlz 10-18-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KookyCurl (Post 1790569)
I have a lot I want to lose but I plan to take it in 10 lb increments. It's easier that way. I can't start any routine seriously until I get my butt to the dr's and get my lungs checked out. My asthma has been bad and with a lack of insurance lately I haven't been able to treat it as I should. That has changed recently though so once I get it under control it's full steam ahead!

Going back to work and getting a new apartment have been great for me though! I feel like I eat more, but I'm eating better and better every day as well as just getting more movement into my daily routine. I'm also sleeping better so that's a huge help. It's getting colder here all the time so I want to get back to my Wii and my 30 day shred.

I had lost 5 lbs when I weighed myself last night, which is impressive because I'm PMS'ing and bloated and I've been retaining water like crazy lately. Slow and steady does it, but it's beyond time to get it done.

[SIZE="4" ] I COMPLETELY relate to that! It has been time for me to suck it up and finally drop the pounds. I'm over not being able to get into my favorite jeans/dress. So I figure I work my butt off so I can hopefully be where I wanna be by January (or well on my way) so I'm going into the new year with the intentions of maintaining my new body not trying to get one.[/SIZE]

Butterfly_Curlz 10-20-2011 01:58 PM

So I was hoping to go bk to my spin class on Wednesday morning but that was a no go! My legs were soooo sore that it hurt to bend them so I knew I wouldn't be able to take the class. I did however still go to the gym yesterday as well as today and I am going bk to spin early tomorrow morning. I even purchased one of those spin seats to put on the bike to make the ride more comfortable. Hopefully it will work!

EvaCurls333 10-22-2011 08:28 AM

I want to do this too. I love my weight but I want to tone my mid section and lower body. It's so hard because I am a working mother of 3 yr old little boy. I think I'm not bigger bc I'm always running after my son or flipping him around. I just want a flatter stomach and more toned legs and booty (lol). I'm very curvy down there and I know that if I don't maintain it will easy to get giggly which I can't have. So I think I will join in (for real this time) and get in better shape before 2012 and stick with it.

Curls4mNo2Woah 10-22-2011 11:17 AM

:D great idea! I've been working out for about 2 weeks now, using the xbox kinect and ellipitical, occasionally those 10 minute kickboxing videos lol. Cut out sodas and eating healther with smaller portions (although I ate junk food 2 days in a row :/). I'm back on track now, and I'm hoping to lose an overall weight of 50-70 pounds. Heck, maybe even 80. But hopefully, but the beginning of 2012 I will weigh 180. That's 20 pounds from now. Meaning like 2.5 pounds per week? :blob8: we can do it!!!

Butterfly_Curlz 10-22-2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curls4mNo2Woah (Post 1793854)
:D great idea! I've been working out for about 2 weeks now, using the xbox kinect and ellipitical, occasionally those 10 minute kickboxing videos lol. Cut out sodas and eating healther with smaller portions (although I ate junk food 2 days in a row :/). I'm back on track now, and I'm hoping to lose an overall weight of 50-70 pounds. Heck, maybe even 80. But hopefully, but the beginning of 2012 I will weigh 180. That's 20 pounds from now. Meaning like 2.5 pounds per week? :blob8: we can do it!!!

I fell off my diet alittle bit too but I think what helped me was that I continued to exercise everyday. So while my weight fluctuated slightly I did my measurements again this am and I lost another half inch around my waist, thigh, hip and arm!Yah!:toothy8: So I am definitely motivated to keep up w/my exercise reggie. I am taking a break from the gym this weekend but will be right bk to my spin class at 5:45 monday!

Tiffiesthetruth 10-22-2011 12:46 PM

So I love this post! Ive been working out for the past 3-4 weeks and I've lost just under 10 pounds I have a lot more work to do to but I'm focused!

Let's go ladies! WE CAN DO THIS.... :-)

Butterfly_Curlz 10-23-2011 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffiesthetruth (Post 1793911)
So I love this post! Ive been working out for the past 3-4 weeks and I've lost just under 10 pounds I have a lot more work to do to but I'm focused!

Let's go ladies! WE CAN DO THIS.... :-)

Congrats on sticking w/the workouts and the weight you have lost so far! I am sooo looking forward to my spinning class in the am. To bad I have to get up so early tho!

Butterfly_Curlz 10-28-2011 02:09 PM

So I've been sick all week and today was the first day I was able to get back to the gym since Monday...I did however get to meet w/the trainer today as well as get in a quick workout and my son got oriented to the child care center so all went well.

I still feel under the weather but hopefully I will be able to rest up the remainder of this weekend so that I will be able to do my spinning class on Monday.

How's everyone else doing?

Butterfly_Curlz 11-01-2011 01:39 PM

So I was still feeling under the weather yesterday so I didn't workout. I did however go back to my spinning class today and got a great workout in. I'm hoping to get at least 2 spinning classes in per week, 2 weight training sessions w/cardio and then 2 more days of cardio a week from this point on and making that my regular routine. Hopefully it will all balance out. I also did my measurements yesterday and I lost another 1/2 inch off my calf, hip and arm as well as another 2lbs:toothy10:!

zippyj 11-01-2011 01:52 PM

So I have been doing zumba classes and I love them. The problem for me is that they are only offered twice a week where I take them. Sooooo, tomorrow I'm ordering the zumba fitness dvd set so I can get back into working out before work in the am. I want to lose 30 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using CurlTalk App

Butterfly_Curlz 11-01-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyj (Post 1801808)
So I have been doing zumba classes and I love them. The problem for me is that they are only offered twice a week where I take them. Sooooo, tomorrow I'm ordering the zumba fitness dvd set so I can get back into working out before work in the am. I want to lose 30 lbs.

Sent from my SCH-I400 using CurlTalk App

I don't think you can get the whole set but can't you get like a couple zumba zumba dvds from either walmart or target?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com