Hi ladies! It's been awhile!
Update on how my hair is doing:
Used Big and Sexy Shampoo, conditioner, and mousse.
Using Big and Sexy shampoo/conditioner, AG Re:coil
, and Redken Curl Gel for Fine hair.
Using Giovanni Route 66 sulfate free poo, GVP balm (tiny dime sized amount as rinse out), AG Re:coil
, Redken Curl Gel for Fine hair.
Even though I haven't been sticking to the CG routine, I am learning quite a bit about my hair lately:
- My hair is a very fine texture like my Mother's even though the curl clumps don't make it look so.
- I am over conditioned... surface frizz, mushy hair, hair falling out.
- My hair may be lacking protein, even if it is sensitive to soy protein. I did an Egg/Mayo/Olive Oil treatment instead of my conditioning DT and it gave me the same results as one. It did get rid of a little "soft" mushiness, but it wasn't a cure all.
- I have an oily scalp. I figured this out as my hair kept sticking to my scalp, even though I rake and shake.
- Salons have no clue what to do with my hair. Which is awkward since I go to my reletive's and I can't just quit to go to a Curly Girl approved salon.
I still love my hair texture and curl... except for my flat bottom that I can never seem to fix. It also gets flat on the underside of my hair. I have been letting my hair strictly air dry. I've tried scrunching as it dries naturally which helps a bit, but I still end up with flat ends. My hair today (bumming around the house in my hoodie):
(I got my hair dyed last week)
I think I need a different drying method or different product application? But I'm not sure what to use. Plopping was starting to give me those same flat ends. I make sure to use plenty of gel, even though that makes my top part looks poodle-y and barely gives my bottom any curl. My hair has been growing pretty rapidly since I started massaging jojoba oil into it once a month with a scalp massage... and I think that the length of it may be weighing it down as it did before I got the huge chop (see my Fotki if you're curious).
I know this isn't a HUGE deal, but it has been something that's just bothering me about my hair.
Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
I <3 second day hair
Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls