-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Can you log in at the products reviews? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/12897-can-you-log-products-reviews.html)

Kurlee 01-03-2007 05:45 PM

Can you log in at the products reviews?

I haven't been able to log in the last two days (and haven't tried for a long time before that). I have been registered over there since 2 years back and it will not let me log in. I tried both my lap top and the regular computer (different virus protection if that was an issue). I even tried registering a new "account" but that didn't work either.

Does anyone else have problems like me? I would like to know if it is on my end or the homepage itself.

TIA!

laurabeth33 01-03-2007 05:52 PM

What happens when you try to log in? Do you see the bar at the top showing you are logged in?

Kurlee 01-03-2007 06:00 PM

No, the log in page just shows up again and it look no different from before.
It's like nothing happens at all kinda.

This page..and nothing happens.

I even tried clicking on the "review this product" as I found the product I was gonna review. Same there. Nothing happens but I get to that page again.

medusahair 01-03-2007 06:28 PM

I just tried and I can login and review. I wonder what's up?

Kurlee 01-03-2007 06:36 PM

It finally worked!!! I registered a new one again (for the 4th time) and it finally seemed to register it. Now I will review my products.

:D

..and for some reason the new registration took me to my old one. So now I just updated it a little. A mystery.
But it works, so no worries! :D :wink:

medusahair 01-03-2007 07:08 PM

That was weird huh? Yay new opinions on products coming!

Kurlee 01-03-2007 07:22 PM

Okay, so I left my reviews! :wink:

laurabeth33 01-03-2007 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Kurlee

But it works, so no worries! :D :wink:

Hurrah! I was hoping you could get in. Sometimes, the PC just needs some sweet talkin'! :wink:

Kurlee 01-03-2007 07:28 PM

I wonder why the rating doesn't show up as you look at the products? You have to actually click on it to see the rating, if you get what I mean.

laurabeth33 01-03-2007 07:37 PM

Excellent question, Kurlee! It took me a while to figure that one out. The rating on the main/search page is based on the testing of G&M, Lisa, and I. The other reviews have a Average Member Rating under User Reviews, and that you can see when you see the whole product page.

I can see your point about it visually appearing that product hasn't been reviewed at all. Maybe you can PM G&M and see if their programmer can change the logic to figure in all reviews. I kinda miss the numeric rating (like 3.4 or 2.8) that can show the gray area between different products. But the curls are so cute!

Gretchen 01-03-2007 07:52 PM

Glad you got in finally, Kurlee. Not sure what was going on.

Thanks for your reviews, and I'll check into your concerns about ratings not showing.

Kurlee 01-03-2007 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by laurabeth33

Yes, I mean it does look kinda like there is no review there. Would be great it that could show up some how. Hmm..

Kurlee 01-03-2007 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Gretchen
Glad you got in finally, Kurlee. Not sure what was going on.

I can't log in again. :P Moody system or something. But I got my reviews in anyway. :wink:

Yes, it would be nice if it showed up a little better there with "members" reviews some how. :)

Kurlee 01-03-2007 10:26 PM

Gretchen, it seems I can only log in if I do a new registration with old username and a new password, only it takes me to my old account and when I try to update the info there (change password and e-mail address) it will not let me update. Very mysterious. If I try to log in with a password that I have used before it will not let me but still takes me to the old account...

Gretchen 01-04-2007 05:41 AM

Will you please email me your account info? I'll have a look.

gretchen@naturallycurly.com

Kurlee 01-04-2007 06:48 PM

Sent ya en e-mail!

hockeymomof3 01-05-2007 08:30 PM

I did my first review today! (the back to basics pom peach condish)....

Kurlee 01-05-2007 08:36 PM

:D

Something I have learnt is to wait a while to write that review. So many times I have just loved a product at first and then it just stops working. Could be a protein in it that gave me trouble or something.

I gave a review on the Curls Hair Tea conditioner and I wrote it way too early after I started using it. Loved that conditioner at first and then it just made my hair feel hard (must have been the protein). So the review is now missleading I feel. Oh well. Just something I have thought of; that I must give the product some time before I actually decide how well it works.

hockeymomof3 01-05-2007 08:40 PM

Very good advice and that's exactly why I haven't reviewed anything up until now. I'm definitely a product junkie but the two products I constantly come back to are Back to Basics Pom Peach and Elucence MBC...I went ahead and reviewed those since I have used those for awhile now.

Kurlee 01-05-2007 10:16 PM

I didn't mean that YOU wrote your review too early, I just came to think of it and just mentioned it. :wink: I have made that misstake a couple of times and I wish I would have thought about it back then.