02-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Salon Product Recs?
Hey curlies. I've been using Sally's GVP CB for a while now and I used to love it. Now, my hair isn't so happy with it and I'm at a loss because that was the only good drugstore/cheaper conditioner that really worked consistently for me.
I've also tried:
- Suave's condishes: Coconut, Apple, and Waterfall, which for cowashing are meh for me (not great, not bad, apple worked the best)
- GN Clean and TTT, both gave me little to no slip and didn't feel moisturizing
- Treseme Naturals which was a decent co wash condish, but after a few weeks of using felt lacking and didn't give me slip
- Shea Moisture Curl Smoothie (which is awful) and Curl and Style Milk (which sometimes gives me great results, sometimes not)
- KCKT, which I use as a leave in and really like
I've had some luck with higher end products (I love AG Re:coil curl creme) but Curl Junkie's Rehab and CCCC do nothing for my hair. So ask you curlies, do you have any recommendations for salon conditioners or even drugstore conditioners for co washing and RO/LI? Anything you love that I haven't come across? I've been thinking about Yes To Carrots and I'm also getting my second Devacut tomorrow and could pick up some of the Devacare line.
Hair stats are in my siggy, but for mobile users: Fine texture, Normal porosity, Normal elasticity.
Curl Style: 3b/3c
: Giovanni TTTT (my hair loves this)
: GVP CB or DevaCurl One Condition, occasionally with honey
: Biotera Styling Gel, BioSilk RHG
: AG Re:coil, CJ Beauticurls, Lube
Hair hates Aloe Vera & Avocado