CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Welcome back, curls! I've missed you! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/141208-welcome-back-curls-ive-missed-you.html)

Jas76 03-04-2012 06:29 PM

Welcome back, curls! I've missed you!
 
So lately my curls had been less than spectacular. They were droopy - sometimes just very loose waves. I didn't feel overly dry/proteined. I didn't feel mooshy and over-conditioned. I had just recently clarified. They felt a little dry, so I did a DT. But still... ugh. I know I am in need of a cut, but it shouldn't be affecting me THAT much.

So what was up?

Well, I still don't know. LOL! But today I clarified again, did a gelatin PT that I added 2 other protein conditioners to, as well as a little CNPF. (I don't mess around when it comes to my proteins! HA!)

I followed up with some GFTN and SM Masque, and then my usual RO - GVP CB, which I only rinsed half-way out.

Then my usual LI, followed by a fresh batch of FSG with some new additives.

VOILA! My curls are back! Not sure what did it, really, but the FSG (which I'd been out of for a while) clumped and enhanced my curls beautifully, and now I'm almost fully air-dried, and will SOTC.

Of course they still have to survive the night - lol! But At least I know they still exist! I was starting to wonder...

So I guess the next time my hair is "acting up", I'll just do everything possible! HAHA! Clarify, super PT, and DT it up! And be sure I have my FSG handy! (This new recipe ROCKS!!)

hippiechic81 03-04-2012 06:42 PM

That's awesome you got your curls back!!!! Maybe the weather is being a jerk to you...winter can be rough!!

Jas76 03-04-2012 07:07 PM

Yeah, but we've had a very mild winter this year. In fact, the past week or so we had temps in the 60's, and thunderstorms. (And tornados, sadly. :( )

But I'm sure the cold hasn't helped throughout this season.

My hair just felt... yuck. Like in when I first wet it in the shower it almost didn't feel wet. That's the only way I can describe it. It felt rough and just off. But now it's great! :)

I think I may have had some oil build up or something.

I also work in a place where the heater is very dry, and it VERY staticy. Like your hair stands on end by the end of the day. I'm sure that doesn't help!

hippiechic81 03-05-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas76 (Post 1900736)
Yeah, but we've had a very mild winter this year. In fact, the past week or so we had temps in the 60's, and thunderstorms. (And tornados, sadly. :( )

But I'm sure the cold hasn't helped throughout this season.

My hair just felt... yuck. Like in when I first wet it in the shower it almost didn't feel wet. That's the only way I can describe it. It felt rough and just off. But now it's great! :)

I think I may have had some oil build up or something.

I also work in a place where the heater is very dry, and it VERY staticy. Like your hair stands on end by the end of the day. I'm sure that doesn't help!

I live in North Carolina and for the most part, it's been crazy mild here too. Yay for figuring out what to do for your curls!!!

Gretchen 03-05-2012 07:44 AM

What a great feeling! Good for you!

Jas76 03-05-2012 09:03 AM

Let's just hope it's not a one time fluke! Lol!!

proudcurlygirly 03-06-2012 04:20 AM

:occasion5: Yay! Here's to happy hair days!

wavynwild16 03-06-2012 05:57 PM

I just love those "BAM! My curls are back and with a new lively spirit" moments!! Especially after a few "blah" days. ;) That's awesome, Jas!

Mec1976 03-10-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas76 (Post 1900699)
And be sure I have my FSG handy! (This new recipe ROCKS!!)

Would you mind sharing your FSG recipe? Thanks!!

Jas76 03-10-2012 09:00 PM

Sure! Though the amounts won't be exact, but I'll try to estimate!

First, I use bottled water for the whole thing.

I put about a tbsp of corn starch in a bowl, a dissolve it in about a tbsp of cool water. Then I boil the seeds for 6-7mins, and strain them into the bowl. I won't get a great strain bc the mixture is a little thick (on purpose) so I put the seeds back into the pan (with more water). Then I add some jojoba oil - maybe 1tsp or so, 1/2-1 tsp of CNPF, about 2tsp of gelatin, 1-2tsp of Epsom, about a 1/4-1/2tsp or so of honey, and 1/4-1/2tsp of ACV.

Then I strain the 2nd batch into the bowl, whisk, and pour into a bottle!

Again, all the amounts are rough estimates, but are probably pretty close.

I don't use mine for hold, just for curl enhancing and clumping. But this has been a fabulous batch!! :)

If anyone tries it, let me know if it works for you!

Mec1976 03-10-2012 09:33 PM

Thanks! I'm soaking some flax seeds now :)

Jas76 03-11-2012 09:05 AM

Good luck!!!

Oh! Since you're a soaker - you'll need to dissolve the gelatin in warm water! Unless you plan to still boil your seeds - then you're fine! :)

Mec1976 03-11-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas76 (Post 1905047)
Good luck!!!

Oh! Since you're a soaker - you'll need to dissolve the gelatin in warm water! Unless you plan to still boil your seeds - then you're fine! :)

I think I'm still going to boil. And I don't have the CNPF, but I might stop by Sally's and pick some up :)

Jas76 03-11-2012 10:43 PM

OH NO!! I left something out!! I put in about 1/8 cup or do of FOTE AVG!!!

Luckily you can add that after the fact and just shake the bottle to mix. :/

Sorry! My babies were a big distraction while I was typing that!

Mec1976 03-11-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jas76 (Post 1905544)
OH NO!! I left something out!! I put in about 1/8 cup or do of FOTE AVG!!!

Luckily you can add that after the fact and just shake the bottle to mix. :/

Sorry! My babies were a big distraction while I was typing that!

Lol! No problems. I will probably try the recipe out next weekend because I didn't get to Sally's :) but I'll let you know how it goes!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com