07-13-2012, 07:24 AM
Join Date: May 1999
Here are some tips about using shampoo bars:
How can I incorporate shampoo bars into my hair care routine?
- Look for one with the plant-derived oils which you prefer, or buy a few bars and try different recipes.
- Lather the bar in your hand, not on your head. Your hair is as fragile as a cashmere sweater, and needs very careful handling at all times.
- Use soft water to wash your hair with soap bars whenever possible.
- Follow up with a mildly acidic rinse to restore the natural pH of your hair and to impart that shiny, glossy surface we all desire.
- Use detangler or conditioner to your own personal tastes. In other words, if you still feel you need it, go ahead! I personally wouldn’t skip that step unless my hair looked weighed down or limp.
- Give it a few tries. I have read that it can take some time for your scalp and hair to adjust, just as it often does when you go to a low shampoo or shampoo free routine.
- Report your results to us!
You are beautiful!