Congrats on your new TWA! Some thoughts:
- Do you know your protein/moisture balance? If you are using moisturizer daily, but your hair still feels dry, it could actually be protein overload. I'm not sure if your products have protein or not, but if so that could be the culprit
- It could be the moisture is not reaching your strands because of build up. Are you CG? If so, are you sure that nothing you're using has cones, and that you fully washed out left-over cones with a clarifying wash before starting CG?
- I think that coconut oil acts kind of like protein? or helps keep protein in the hair? So if you do have protein overload, the coconut oil would be making things worse
- I would say to go ahead and use leave-in every day. Especially if your hair is dry....the only reason I would lay off the leave-in is if your hair became over-conditioned, which doesn't sound like the case here.
- I don't know anything about Cantu Shea Butter, but I'm not sure African Pride is the best brand....I remember trying their oil when I first started out, it was pretty awful/useless. It took me such a long time to find quality products that actually worked. For leave-ins, I'm a big fan of CurlJunkie ($$$$$) and Kinky Curly Knot Today ($$$). No luck finding a really cheap one, though some people have good luck with leaving in their regular conditioner. Some good, cheap conditioners that might work for you are GVP Conditioning Balm at Sally's, and Tressemme Naturals.
4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue
tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals
- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
- Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
- RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
-Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC
"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz
"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst