Do you publicly compliment curlies?

Like Tree20Likes

I give compliments all the time. I love when I get compliments, especially when I'm asked if I'm wearing a wig or a weave. The look on their face after I say no is priceless.

I always give compliments on curlies and I'm so guilty of asking them how they fix their hair! I never thought of it the way you have it here. I'm just looking for their tips or to see if they use CG Method like me.
Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Chaklat
Funny! Do any of them take it further and ask how you get it to look "that way" (fishing for instructions)? Do any of them act like they think you're lying?
Originally Posted by Korkscrew


Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Curly Girl From Texas
3a-3b
Low Porosity
Medium Density
My reply didn't come thru

I always compliment curlies & I'm so guilty of asking them how they get their hair so gorgeous. I never thought of it the way you say it here. I'm just looking for tips or advice or to see if they use the CG method like me.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Curly Girl From Texas
3a-3b
Low Porosity
Medium Density
My reply didn't come thru

I always compliment curlies & I'm so guilty of asking them how they get their hair so gorgeous. I never thought of it the way you say it here. I'm just looking for tips or advice or to see if they use the CG method like me.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyJ9
This is one of the more interesting threads I've come across since joining NC.com. I think because we're told straight hair is the "in thing" it feels that much better to be complimented. J9, you have lovely hair.
I give compliments to women all the time (I almost never compliment men because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way). I I have never gotten a bad reaction but people are often visibly surprised.
Hair
Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: M-C; Porosity: L-N; Length: WL (stretched).

Products
Oils: CO, MO
Cleanser: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Conditioners: SM Noni and Monoi Rinse Out Conditioner/ Restorative Conditioner
DC: SM Noni and Monoi Mask
Leave-In: Giovani Direct
Styler: CRN Curl Maker

Regimen
WnG 3x per week; DC 1x per week; henna every 3 weeks.

CG since 3/31/12
Hennahead since 7/2/13
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlkButterfly777/videos
I give compliments to women all the time (I almost never compliment men because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way). I I have never gotten a bad reaction but people are often visibly surprised.
Originally Posted by testimony777
Speaking as I guy, I can see where they take it the wrong way because they are hardwired to think a certain way about having curls. I admit I was one of them. I've gotten a few compliments but wish I would get more. Well, I got one the other day from my 67-year old auntie. That definitely made me feel good.
testimony777 likes this.
And lest I forget, you have a beautiful head of curls, Testimony777.
testimony777 likes this.
I do but it depends on the situation and how approachable they are. If someone is walking by or is engaged in conversation or something I won't pursue them. But if someone is engaging with me or in an aproachable situation and has really nice curly hair, I'll say something.
Only a couple of times have I asked how someone got their curly look. One time it was asking who cut a woman's hair and that worked out great; I went to her hairdresser with excellent results. The other time I asked about products and the results I got weren't as good as hoped.
Today I was coplimented by a 2 year old fellow curly She was such a cuty!! She entered the tramway with her mom, stared at me with big eyes, then turned to her mother and said "Look her hair!!Look! It is so beautiful and so long.. I want mine to look like that mummy"

After that her mother started a conversation with me about how hard it is to look after her daughters hair, and she wants it to look pretty but it is so hard because of tangles, dryness blablabla...to make long story short: i think i got her hooked up on the CG method Haha it wasn't even my purpose but she asked what i do, and when i told her she seemed really interested

The little one made my day
When I can get over my shyness I do.
Haha, I've chased after people to tell them their hair is gorgeous. LOL

It usually goes something like...

"Hey! Hey you!" *pant pant* "Your hair is" *pant pant* "Absolutely gorgeous!!!" *pant pant*

I get some weird looks but most of them seem happy about the compliment!
I give compliments to women all the time (I almost never compliment men because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way). I I have never gotten a bad reaction but people are often visibly surprised.
Originally Posted by testimony777
Speaking as I guy, I can see where they take it the wrong way because they are hardwired to think a certain way about having curls. I admit I was one of them. I've gotten a few compliments but wish I would get more. Well, I got one the other day from my 67-year old auntie. That definitely made me feel good.
Originally Posted by bobby
Thank you for saying this. It honestly never occurred to me that a curly guy might need the same kind of encouragement that we curly girls do or that a compliment about their hair might have the same impact it does for us. I am going to keep this in mind the next time I see a guy with great curls.


And lest I forget, you have a beautiful head of curls, Testimony777.
Originally Posted by bobby
Thank you!
Korkscrew, bobby and curlypearl like this.
Hair
Type: 3c/b; Density: M; Texture: M-C; Porosity: L-N; Length: WL (stretched).

Products
Oils: CO, MO
Cleanser: SM Moisture Retention Shampoo
Conditioners: SM Noni and Monoi Rinse Out Conditioner/ Restorative Conditioner
DC: SM Noni and Monoi Mask
Leave-In: Giovani Direct
Styler: CRN Curl Maker

Regimen
WnG 3x per week; DC 1x per week; henna every 3 weeks.

CG since 3/31/12
Hennahead since 7/2/13
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlkButterfly777/videos
You know how good it feels sometimes to have strangers compliment your hair out of the blue? Well, do you find yourself on the giving end of that, spontaneously complimenting curly strangers when you're in public? What's the usual (or unusual) reaction you get from them?

I've noticed positive reactions. I love the sheer pleasure of looking at so many wonderful heads of curls and coils, and it just gets the best of me sometimes and I have to say something Anyone else do this?
Originally Posted by Korkscrew
I publicly compliment everyone! Complete strangers over anything and everything flattering if it so strikes me. I think it is part of making this world a friendlier place. If you think something kind, why not voice it? So if I see someone holding a cute handbag or rocking good hair or if that person happens to look like someone famous and attractive I point it out. Not only do you feel good about making someone else happy and not hogging that positive energy to yourself, you also might make a friend or strike up a conversation. You have to be careful with men though, I've noticed. Some of them can mistake a passing compliment and a friendly smile as a come on.
I give compliments to women all the time (I almost never compliment men because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way). I I have never gotten a bad reaction but people are often visibly surprised.
Originally Posted by testimony777
Teehee testimony I just made that point too. It's so true!
Yes! I can't not complement another curly/coily especially if they have big hair man I love big hair
I give compliments to women all the time (I almost never compliment men because I don't want it to be taken the wrong way). I I have never gotten a bad reaction but people are often visibly surprised.
Originally Posted by testimony777
Speaking as I guy, I can see where they take it the wrong way because they are hardwired to think a certain way about having curls. I admit I was one of them. I've gotten a few compliments but wish I would get more. Well, I got one the other day from my 67-year old auntie. That definitely made me feel good.
Originally Posted by bobby
Thank you for saying this. It honestly never occurred to me that a curly guy might need the same kind of encouragement that we curly girls do or that a compliment about their hair might have the same impact it does for us. I am going to keep this in mind the next time I see a guy with great curls.


And lest I forget, you have a beautiful head of curls, Testimony777.
Originally Posted by bobby
Thank you!
Originally Posted by testimony777
I appreciate it on any of the rare times I get one. I don't think too many guys will take it the wrong way. If a guys grows his curls, he's more than likely doing it by choice. The ones that don't like them will cut them off as I did for 20 years. Now, I could't imagine myself in anything other than curls.
I give compliments all the time. I love when I get compliments, especially when I'm asked if I'm wearing a wig or a weave. The look on their face after I say no is priceless.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Chaklat
Funny! Do any of them take it further and ask how you get it to look "that way" (fishing for instructions)? Do any of them act like they think you're lying?
Originally Posted by Korkscrew

I compliment other curlies all the time! I love how it feels when others compliment something about you (especially if you haven't always embraced it), and I want to put the positive vibes back out there.

Just yesterday, I was picking up new glasses and the technician complimented me on my curls and asked me if i used one of those curling wands to get it like that. I said actually it's natural. She was like, "Please don't tell me that!!" LOL
Korkscrew and bobby like this.
3B Mod CG
Medium texture/ Normal to low porosity / High density

Current Routine:

Shampoo- GTTT, GVP Paul Mitchell Tea tree Shampoo or ACV/ Baking soda (once a week)
Co wash- Trader Joes Nourish Spa
Leave in- Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave- in, Elucence
Gel- BRHG

Holy grail combo Feb 2013: ISO Bouncy Creme with BRHG on top!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com