Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > General Discussion about Curly Hair

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default Products disappearing

I guess I use some of the more popular products. But why when I am almost out of something and I go to purchase another bottle the entire shelf is cleared?! I never had these issues when I was relaxed and it is slightly annoying. Rant over.
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
 
beautyjunkie12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 25
Default

I totally feel your pain. I experience the same thing as well. Especially when it comes to my cowash. I just buy two of whatever I need so then that way I'm covered. I just recently started doing this and so far so good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App
beautyjunkie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

It's crazy. I try not to buy two at a time. I'm pretty sure that's why the shelves are usually empty because people like to "stock up." but I may have to just so I can have some for the next month! Lol
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
 
NYCgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 189
Default

Guilty! I don't hoard products, but I definitely try to always have 1 extra bottle/jar/tube/tub of my staple products on hand at all times. The only exception is Eco Styler cause seriously, it takes me forever to use a tub of that stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CurlTalk App
__________________
  • Oils: EVOO,Watermelon Seed,Argan, Coconut
  • Cleanse: CD Monoi Repairing Shampoo, Soultanicals Honey I Shrunk the Frizz Poo Bar
  • Detangle/RO: Soultanicals Mango Dip Detangling Slip
  • LI: DB Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip
  • DC: Crece Pelo,MJ Super Sweetback
  • PT: CJ Repair Me,Smooth Naturals Strengthen
  • Style: CRN Aloe Whipped Butter Gel, CRN Almond Jai Twist Butter, WetLine Xtreme Gel,Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • Moisturize: DN Whipped Amla Frosting,CoN Argan Oil Perfect 7
NYCgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,205
Default

I try to keep my eye out for sales, and take advantage of them when they occur. I seem to go through co-wash the fastest, but at 79 a bottle on sale, buying a couple of bottles ahead seems like a cheap indulgence. I also try to get larger sizes of the things I know are HG products for me. Other than that, I'm trying not to buy ahead significantly, unless something I love is being discontinued.
__________________
Peace,
Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
CGing since July 2008
Morgan_Adcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
 
adthomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,641
Default

I stock up on conditioners. I have heard too many stories of TN becoming scarce.
__________________
"More people would learn from their mistakes if they weren't so busy denying them." - Harold J. Smith.
adthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #7
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

I use TN. It works. But I would assume if it was discontinued I would just have to find something else, *Sigh.* I may have to start ordering all of my products online. It will save me from the heartache of going from store to store and hearing "oh I'm sorry, everything we had was on the shelf. If its empty that's it."
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan_Adcock View Post
I try to keep my eye out for sales, and take advantage of them when they occur. I seem to go through co-wash the fastest, but at 79 a bottle on sale, buying a couple of bottles ahead seems like a cheap indulgence. I also try to get larger sizes of the things I know are HG products for me. Other than that, I'm trying not to buy ahead significantly, unless something I love is being discontinued.
Good idea about buying bigger bottles! That's what I need to do with KCKT. what triggered this post was when I went to purchase some KCCC. I have have had the same 8oz jar for 6 months and I couldn't believe there was not a single jar left on Target. However, I know that a lot of people LOVE it. So I guess I have to share. Lol
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adthomas View Post
I stock up on conditioners. I have heard too many stories of TN becoming scarce.
I'm sorry scarce, not discontinued.
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
 
Speckla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,453
Default

Order online if you can. No having to leave the house and the shelves are always stocked.
__________________
If you can read this then you're standing too close.
Speckla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #11
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speckla View Post
Order online if you can. No having to leave the house and the shelves are always stocked.
I think I will!
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
 
Ericachristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 495
Default

I have been noticing this as well but I thought I was just being paranoid. Some of the curly hair products that I buy are never in stock anywhere I go and it really annoys me when I have to go out of my way to find things and drive around. I was in the Florida last week and I wanted to try that kinky curly leave in product which I have heard good things about but never tried. Many of the the beauty stores here in Toronto dont even carry it. The Targets I checked had all the other products in the line except this one. The shelves were literally bare...I did try a couple more stores but had no luck and I had to leave for my next destination so I had no more time to look. So I paid the $24 it cost here which is still cheap and the price doesnt matter so much as long as it works. The store I went to had ONE more bottle left.
Ericachristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #13
 
Laura Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,824
Default

Definitely an online hair product shopper almost exclusively. My amazon prime membership has paid for itself several times over by now
__________________
http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com


www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Laura Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:21 AM   #14
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericachristina View Post
I have been noticing this as well but I thought I was just being paranoid. Some of the curly hair products that I buy are never in stock anywhere I go and it really annoys me when I have to go out of my way to find things and drive around. I was in the Florida last week and I wanted to try that kinky curly leave in product which I have heard good things about but never tried. Many of the the beauty stores here in Toronto dont even carry it. The Targets I checked had all the other products in the line except this one. The shelves were literally bare...I did try a couple more stores but had no luck and I had to leave for my next destination so I had no more time to look. So I paid the $24 it cost here which is still cheap and the price doesnt matter so much as long as it works. The store I went to had ONE more bottle left.
That is crazy! I have driven around to many stores just to be disappointed and have to order online. Like I said I never had these issues when I was relaxed.
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #15
 
reednaturally22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Lee View Post
Definitely an online hair product shopper almost exclusively. My amazon prime membership has paid for itself several times over by now
What is amazon prime?
reednaturally22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #16
 
Laura Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reednaturally22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Lee View Post
Definitely an online hair product shopper almost exclusively. My amazon prime membership has paid for itself several times over by now
What is amazon prime?
You pay $79/year (or $39 if you have a .edu email address) and you get free two day shipping on anything that is sold by or fulfilled by amazon (corresponds to pretty much any item you get "super saver" shipping on now) and you can choose one-day shipping for only $3.99. You also can stream movies and tv shows. Amazon.com: FREE Two-Day Shipping, Instant Videos, and Kindle Books with Amazon Prime
__________________
http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com


www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
Laura Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com