CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Diffusing worked out better this time! (Pics, and lots of them) (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/153131-diffusing-worked-out-better-time-pics-lots-them.html)

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-21-2012 01:42 PM

Diffusing worked out better this time! (Pics, and lots of them)
 
So, after diffusing for the first time yesterday and being unsure of the results, I gave it another shot. I didn't use any product this time, and diffused for less time. I like the results! My hair is fuzzy/frizzy, which is annoying, but it's okay. The frizz that I can't cope with is the type that SITS on top of my head, on top of the curls. That's annoying. But this frizz is okay.

I just scrunched with my chamois as normal on soaking wet hair, then diffused until it was still wet, but not dripping. Then I let it air dry.

Me likes, I think ..

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...85083125_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38277230_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53540906_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21839912_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...64502159_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...73773370_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96117410_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38044537_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...65910341_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78539874_n.jpg

What do you think?

Tiffa 12-21-2012 02:35 PM

Gorgeous curls! And you used no products?! I'm jealous haha

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-21-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffa (Post 2090121)
Gorgeous curls! And you used no products?! I'm jealous haha

Thank you! Nope, no products. I don't tend to use them. I've dabbled a bit lately, but they don't really work for me. I prefer my curls naked :thumbup:

Ml001 12-21-2012 02:51 PM

Glad it worked well for you this time! Looks great!!

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-21-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ml001 (Post 2090129)
Glad it worked well for you this time! Looks great!!

Thank you :)

Tiffa 12-21-2012 04:23 PM

See I 'have' to use products haha. Then again, apparently I have really high standards when it comes to my hair. Whenever I think it looks awful, people tell me it looks great. Meh oh well as long as others think it looks good i shouldn't care right?

Dsotomayor 12-21-2012 04:41 PM

Total hair envy right now! I wish I could get that volume in my hair!!

__________________________________________
Hair type:3a
Cowash: SN coconut cond.
Cleanser: devacurl or devacare nopoo, dc lowpoo
Ro: DC onecon., KCKT
LI: DC onecon., KCKT, CJ cccl
Stylers: CJ cccl, FSG, Cj ciab, DC angel
Oils: coconut oil, apricot kernel, grapeseed

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-22-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiffa (Post 2090163)
See I 'have' to use products haha. Then again, apparently I have really high standards when it comes to my hair. Whenever I think it looks awful, people tell me it looks great. Meh oh well as long as others think it looks good i shouldn't care right?

Haha, see, I'm the opposite. I just don't feel right with anything left in my hair. Like you, people think it looks nice, and I'm like 'nooooooooooo'. But, hun, you gotta feel comfortable with it! You're carrying it around all day :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dsotomayor (Post 2090169)
Total hair envy right now! I wish I could get that volume in my hair!!

Thank you so much! I don't have thick hair so volume is a blessing to me when I can achieve it.

Curly Sara 12-23-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyCarmenCurly (Post 2090089)
So, after diffusing for the first time yesterday and being unsure of the results, I gave it another shot. I didn't use any product this time, and diffused for less time. I like the results! My hair is fuzzy/frizzy, which is annoying, but it's okay. The frizz that I can't cope with is the type that SITS on top of my head, on top of the curls. That's annoying. But this frizz is okay.

I just scrunched with my chamois as normal on soaking wet hair, then diffused until it was still wet, but not dripping. Then I let it air dry.

Me likes, I think ..

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...85083125_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38277230_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53540906_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21839912_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...64502159_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...73773370_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96117410_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38044537_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...65910341_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78539874_n.jpg

What do you think?

Beautiful curls and face! And you used no products?! Im jealous...:-)

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-24-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly Sara (Post 2090847)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyCarmenCurly (Post 2090089)
So, after diffusing for the first time yesterday and being unsure of the results, I gave it another shot. I didn't use any product this time, and diffused for less time. I like the results! My hair is fuzzy/frizzy, which is annoying, but it's okay. The frizz that I can't cope with is the type that SITS on top of my head, on top of the curls. That's annoying. But this frizz is okay.

I just scrunched with my chamois as normal on soaking wet hair, then diffused until it was still wet, but not dripping. Then I let it air dry.

Me likes, I think ..

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...85083125_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38277230_n.jpg

http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...53540906_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...21839912_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...64502159_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...73773370_n.jpg

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...96117410_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38044537_n.jpg

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...65910341_n.jpg

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...78539874_n.jpg

What do you think?

Beautiful curls and face! And you used no products?! Im jealous...:-)

Thank you so much!

Yes, I didn't use products. My hair hates products :( I tried diffusing with gel the other day and it was awful!

Pheebie 12-27-2012 01:46 PM

Gorgeous curls and amazing shine! Color me green with envy!

Glad you found a technique that works for you. :icon_smile:

CurlyCarmenCurly 12-29-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pheebie (Post 2092273)
Gorgeous curls and amazing shine! Color me green with envy!

Glad you found a technique that works for you. :icon_smile:

Thank you :)

curlypearl 12-29-2012 03:41 PM

My goodness, you are gorgeous, your curls are gorgeous, your smile is gorgeous -- be glad I'm a senior citizen and straight - otherwise I would track you down, if only to gawk. :toothy7:

CurlyCarmenCurly 01-04-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlypearl (Post 2093365)
My goodness, you are gorgeous, your curls are gorgeous, your smile is gorgeous -- be glad I'm a senior citizen and straight - otherwise I would track you down, if only to gawk. :toothy7:

So sweet of you, thank you!

Villain 01-05-2013 12:25 AM

Beautiful :-) I'm jealous!

FWIW, I've been messing around with diffusing this week (I'm also new at it!) and I've found that for me it works better with no/less product. Just the process of applying product seems to break my curls apart (because of having to touch my hair), and it seems to take it a lot longer to dry.

CurlyCarmenCurly 01-05-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villain (Post 2096691)
Beautiful :-) I'm jealous!

FWIW, I've been messing around with diffusing this week (I'm also new at it!) and I've found that for me it works better with no/less product. Just the process of applying product seems to break my curls apart (because of having to touch my hair), and it seems to take it a lot longer to dry.

Thank you!

Yeah, I think that the heat also sort of 'cooks' the product in your hair. My hair felt so stiff when I diffused with product :S


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com