Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > General Discussion about Curly Hair

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default So protein treatment didn't work out today :(

I did a protein treatment today and it didn't come out nicely like it did last time. I use the conditioner daily but today I left it longer to penetrate my hair more and it came out limp and dry. Yesterday I used the conditioner normally and used ag recoil afterwards with great results (see pics below) but today I left the conditioner in for half hour then used re coil again and my hair was limp and dry. Should I stop doing deep treatments? I have tried ones with and without protein and they really don't do anything for my hair. My hair is healthy I think aside from the bleached ends which I want to cut off soon anyway. It was so disappointing to have great hair last night when I didn't even go out and to have bad hair today using the same products

So protein treatment didn't work out today :(-imageuploadedbycurltalk1359955059.669349.jpg
So protein treatment didn't work out today :(-imageuploadedbycurltalk1359955072.452088.jpg
__________________
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

Fine hair and very low porosity by the way
__________________
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
 
NursenNancy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41
Default

This doesn't answer your question but I love your curls in both pics!

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlTalk App
__________________
I am a newbie. I think I am a 2b. I have been blowdrying and straightening my hair for the last 15 years. Trying to embrace the REAL ME.
NursenNancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #4
 
anonymous_133347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,426
Default

When did you do your last PT? Very recently right? I think even if you're fine haired you should space out PTs because they're concentrated. Maybe do it once every two weeks. It could've been it was overload and your hair OD'd on protein. How about doing a semi deep treatment (deep conditioning treatment, that is)? And yes that's just a term I came up with for something I do sometimes. Just putting a pinch of nourishing conditioner as maybe a leave in but more of a leave in than you would usually use on damp hair overnight and if it's still wet sleep with a shower cap. Rinse and style in the morning and see it if it's less dry. I have Shea Moisture restorative conditioner and I've used it this way. Once I rinse I have super soft glistening hair.

(P.S. I'm reassessing what I said before. You're definitely 3A.)
__________________
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NursenNancy View Post
This doesn't answer your question but I love your curls in both pics!

Sent from my ADR6300 using CurlTalk App
Thanks! ^_^
__________________
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusalocks View Post
When did you do your last PT? Very recently right? I think even if you're fine haired you should space out PTs because they're concentrated. Maybe do it once every two weeks. It could've been it was overload and your hair OD'd on protein. How about doing a semi deep treatment (deep conditioning treatment, that is)? And yes that's just a term I came up with for something I do sometimes. Just putting a pinch of nourishing conditioner as maybe a leave in but more of a leave in than you would usually use on damp hair overnight and if it's still wet sleep with a shower cap. Rinse and style in the morning and see it if it's less dry. I have Shea Moisture restorative conditioner and I've used it this way. Once I rinse I have super soft glistening hair.

(P.S. I'm reassessing what I said before. You're definitely 3A.)
I did do it recently. 9 days before yesterday's. I'll try doing a DT to see what happens. I haven't done one cuz the last time I did my hair came out extremely frizzy and with no curl definition. I was horrified lol. And thanks for the reassessment I'm hoping when I get a hair cut that I can stay a 3a!
__________________
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #7
 
anonymous_133347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,426
Default

What did you use to deep treat? Was it very heavy? Are you low porosity because I think I read a few posts about how it's difficult for them to deep treat. Oh and I never understood why women buy deep treatments because I think it's easier and more predictable to mix my conditioner or nourishing hair products with some things around the house. Honey, EVOO, EVCO, etc. You could whip up something lighter and catered to your needs. Also if your hair is prone to over conditioning as it seems to be, best not stuff it then. I bet you're right in your instincts when you say you sense that your hair is just super healthy and doesn't like to be pestered. I'm trying to listen to my hair too but she's very secretive and keeps looking at me with smirky eyes.

Oh, and yes! I just didn't have the full picture. Your hair is beautiful front and back.
__________________
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #8
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusalocks View Post
What did you use to deep treat? Was it very heavy? Are you low porosity because I think I read a few posts about how it's difficult for them to deep treat. Oh and I never understood why women buy deep treatments because I think it's easier and more predictable to mix my conditioner or nourishing hair products with some things around the house. Honey, EVOO, EVCO, etc. You could whip up something lighter and catered to your needs. Also if your hair is prone to over conditioning as it seems to be, best not stuff it then. I bet you're right in your instincts when you say you sense that your hair is just super healthy and doesn't like to be pestered. I'm trying to listen to my hair too but she's very secretive and keeps looking at me with smirky eyes.

Oh, and yes! I just didn't have the full picture. Your hair is beautiful front and back.
First off, thank you! I appreciate the compliment I used As I Am hydration elation as the deep conditioner, and joico intense hydrator as the PT. And I am def low porosity. It takes my hair hours and hours to dry and everything weighs it down, no matter what it is. I'm trying to learn to listen to my hair too, but I feel like its bipolar. I can never predict what it'll do. One day it loves what I used for it and then the next day it decides it doesn't like it anymore
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
 
anonymous_133347's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,426
Default

Probably too much of a good thing. If it makes you feel any better I'm highly porous plus I live in an arid climate so I have to feed my hair tons of emollients to keep it happy. And it won't let me play with new products lightly although I have my protein treatment experiment and my glycerin experiment lined up. About AIA- I love the coconut cowash but have yet to try anything else from the line. I think the HE doesn't have that high ratings on the product review but that could be because of the pricetag.
__________________
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG

anonymous_133347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
 
sKorpio1190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusalocks View Post
Probably too much of a good thing. If it makes you feel any better I'm highly porous plus I live in an arid climate so I have to feed my hair tons of emollients to keep it happy. And it won't let me play with new products lightly although I have my protein treatment experiment and my glycerin experiment lined up. About AIA- I love the coconut cowash but have yet to try anything else from the line. I think the HE doesn't have that high ratings on the product review but that could be because of the pricetag.

The coconut cowash has awesome reviews and I see why. It's just that over time it wasn't helping for frizz and my hair started feeling dry. So, maybe I'll alternate it with Joico intense hydrator to see how that works. The HE doesn't have great reviews you're right. I see why cuz it didn't do anything for my hair. Literally just sat there
sKorpio1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com