my curls have changed (w before/after pics)

sdkitty, i think your hair looks great. the change your hair has made is really the goal of CG... maximizing the moisture protein balance. your hair looks much healthier now.
2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
I think the same thing happened to me my hair is starting to feel thinner (less volume) than when I wasn't doing CG. I don't think it's that your hair is flatter but less frizzy. My hair was dry and damaged therefore it frizzed up like crazy making it look really poofy. Now that my hair is a lot more hydrated its not as bad and clumps nicer therefore making it feel like it's thinner or flatter even tho it's nowhere near thin lol. If you want more volume you can try diffusing it.
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing



GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
sdkitty, i think your hair looks great. the change your hair has made is really the goal of CG... maximizing the moisture protein balance. your hair looks much healthier now.
Originally Posted by elizard
I think the same thing happened to me my hair is starting to feel thinner (less volume) than when I wasn't doing CG. I don't think it's that your hair is flatter but less frizzy. My hair was dry and damaged therefore it frizzed up like crazy making it look really poofy. Now that my hair is a lot more hydrated its not as bad and clumps nicer therefore making it feel like it's thinner or flatter even tho it's nowhere near thin lol. If you want more volume you can try diffusing it.
Originally Posted by longlivecurls
thanks elizard

longlivecurls, since I got my Deva cut, I'm no longer unhappy with my hair as far as flatness.....my layers are better now......I do diffuse. Yesterday, I did a combo of air dry and diffusing
thanks
I'm glad you were able to fix the problem and love your hair now. How did they cut the layers in the back? I have a post that shows some before/after devacut pics. Would love if you can share some there
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing



GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
I'm glad you were able to fix the problem and love your hair now. How did they cut the layers in the back? I have a post that shows some before/after devacut pics. Would love if you can share some there
Originally Posted by longlivecurls
Your hair in your avatar is gorgeous.
Not sure I can explain how my haircut was done. I believe she said she does the bottom first as a base and then she cut several long layers on top of that.
Sure, I can post pics in the devacut thread.
Thanks one of my few good hair days LOL.

Did they leave the back all one length and just layered the frame or did they layered the back as well? (If that makes any sense) I'm asking cause since my hair is heavy the back doesn't curl as nice and I'm wondering if layering the back itself might help perk up some curls.
CG NEWBIE
curl type: 2c/3a on a good day
med/high porosity & high density
hair strand width: med/coarse
BSL hair & growing



GOING STRONG!!! SAY NO TO HEAT!!!
I'm glad you were able to fix the problem and love your hair now. How did they cut the layers in the back? I have a post that shows some before/after devacut pics. Would love if you can share some there
Originally Posted by longlivecurls
Thanks one of my few good hair days LOL.

Did they leave the back all one length and just layered the frame or did they layered the back as well? (If that makes any sense) I'm asking cause since my hair is heavy the back doesn't curl as nice and I'm wondering if layering the back itself might help perk up some curls.
Originally Posted by longlivecurls
she did a few long layers on the back.....no short layering....if that answers your question
Sdkitty u were right about a layered haircut! My hair looks amazing! The layers in my hair really made a huge difference! I am so happy with this haircut! It's the way I always wanted it to look!
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Sdkitty u were right about a layered haircut! My hair looks amazing! The layers in my hair really made a huge difference! I am so happy with this haircut! It's the way I always wanted it to look!
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Oh good....do you have pictures?
Did you have your friend do it?

Last edited by sdkitty; 02-18-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Sdkitty u were right about a layered haircut! My hair looks amazing! The layers in my hair really made a huge difference! I am so happy with this haircut! It's the way I always wanted it to look!
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Oh good....do you have pictures?
Did you have your friend do it?
Originally Posted by sdkitty
No. My so called "friend" never even got back to me. So, by chance I went to another friend's place this weekend and she looked up salons on Yelp and found one a few blocks from her place. They saw me that day and the girl really knew what she was doing She got it to look exactly the way I envisioned it. I lucked out!
Attached Thumbnails
my curls have changed (w before/after pics)-photo-5-.jpg   my curls have changed (w before/after pics)-photo-4.jpg  
Your hair looks great. Sounds like you found yourself a very good hairdresser. Good thing your friend wasn't available; she probably wouldn't have done as good a job.

Did you say your hair was fine? It looks really thick in the pics.

Last edited by sdkitty; 02-18-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Your hair looks great. Sounds like you found yourself a very good hairdresser. Good thing your friend wasn't available; she probably wouldn't have done as good a job.

Did you say your hair was fine? It looks really thick in the pics.
Originally Posted by sdkitty
Ur right haha. And yea it is actually. It's just that I have lots of it. Growing up I never thought so because I assumed everyone had as much hair as me lol but ppl always told me I had a LOT of hair. When I got my haircut even the woman was telling me "u know, ur hair is really fine but u have SO much of it!" Well, I guess it's true after all lol! I'm just used to it so I never stopped to think about it :-p
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
Your hair looks great. Sounds like you found yourself a very good hairdresser. Good thing your friend wasn't available; she probably wouldn't have done as good a job.

Did you say your hair was fine? It looks really thick in the pics.
Originally Posted by sdkitty
Ur right haha. And yea it is actually. It's just that I have lots of it. Growing up I never thought so because I assumed everyone had as much hair as me lol but ppl always told me I had a LOT of hair. When I got my haircut even the woman was telling me "u know, ur hair is really fine but u have SO much of it!" Well, I guess it's true after all lol! I'm just used to it so I never stopped to think about it :-p
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Well hopefully this hairdresser is convenient for you because I think she did a great job. Congrats.
Your hair looks great. Sounds like you found yourself a very good hairdresser. Good thing your friend wasn't available; she probably wouldn't have done as good a job.

Did you say your hair was fine? It looks really thick in the pics.
Originally Posted by sdkitty
Ur right haha. And yea it is actually. It's just that I have lots of it. Growing up I never thought so because I assumed everyone had as much hair as me lol but ppl always told me I had a LOT of hair. When I got my haircut even the woman was telling me "u know, ur hair is really fine but u have SO much of it!" Well, I guess it's true after all lol! I'm just used to it so I never stopped to think about it :-p
Originally Posted by sKorpio1190
Well hopefully this hairdresser is convenient for you because I think she did a great job. Congrats.
Originally Posted by sdkitty
Thanks! She's in NYC which is about a 45 minute drive from me but its totally worth it
Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com