CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   JASON products? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/156171-jason-products.html)

morganrc 03-15-2013 07:08 PM

JASON products?
 
Has anyone tried the Jason products? I know they have a whole bunch of different products from deodorant to hair care products. They are great because of how natural they are. Has anyone tried them? They have a bunch of different shampoo (mild&natural) and conditioners (natural as well) and they also have a gel. They aren't too expensive either and I'm interested in them forsurre. Anyone?

turquoisecurls 03-15-2013 09:53 PM

Never heard of them, thanks for pointing them out. Always fun to explore new products.
I have looked at the gel, it has witch hazel as the second ( I think) ingredient and I have read somewhere that as an astringent it can dry hair out?
Hope someone chimes in that has used those products.

morganrc 03-16-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turquoisecurls (Post 2137914)
Never heard of them, thanks for pointing them out. Always fun to explore new products.
I have looked at the gel, it has witch hazel as the second ( I think) ingredient and I have read somewhere that as an astringent it can dry hair out?
Hope someone chimes in that has used those products.

I'm particularly interested in one of the conditioners. It's supposedly 84% Aloe vera gel. It's sitting in my cart on amazon and I haven't decided if I want to buy it yet. It has pretty good reviews! I use to use the deodorant by JASON because it doesn't have aluminum which is thought to cause breast cancer.

Hootenanny 03-16-2013 05:33 PM

Wow that aloe conditioner sounds great! Now it's sitting in MY amazon cart too, lol! The only thing holding me back from immediate purchase is the "emulsifying wax" listed as the third ingredient. Does anyone know what this is? The idea of a lot of wax in a product makes me worried about build-up, but is "emulsifying wax NF" the same as just wax?

morganrc 03-16-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootenanny (Post 2138341)
Wow that aloe conditioner sounds great! Now it's sitting in MY amazon cart too, lol! The only thing holding me back from immediate purchase is the "emulsifying wax" listed as the third ingredient. Does anyone know what this is? The idea of a lot of wax in a product makes me worried about build-up, but is "emulsifying wax NF" the same as just wax?

I have no idea about the wax :/ But I couldn't resist so I bought it anyway. I will let you know how it goes and of any potential build-up problems. It should be here tuesday :)

Julesonline 03-16-2013 06:45 PM

Emulsifying wax is CG ok. It is just used to help combine aqueous component and oils.

http://m.wikihow.com/Determine-if-a-Hair-Product-is-Curly-Girl-Approved

Hootenanny 03-16-2013 07:21 PM

Perfect! Well I'm probably going to go ahead and order it as well then. Thanks so much Morgan and Jules!

morganrc 03-16-2013 08:15 PM

I'm excited!! Let me know how it goes as well :)

suellen 03-16-2013 11:34 PM

JASON makes hair products?!? I used a face moisturizer of theirs and I loved it. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open for hair products by them too, then :D

flippacious 03-17-2013 10:02 AM

Just a heads up, I stumbled on these products in Vitamin Shoppe yesterday. So if you're looking for an on the ground option, you might be able to find some of the Jason hair products there!

redbre 03-17-2013 02:48 PM

The Biotin shampoo and conditioner by Jason was excellent until I realized my hair hates protein. I imagine for someone who's not protein sensitive it could be a great product. It was extremely moisturizing the first few uses.

AKgirl 03-17-2013 05:56 PM

I've not tried any of their products, but I have seen them in the organics section in my local Fred Meyer, which is Kroger or fries in other places.

That biotin condish sounds nice, my hair loves protein.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

morganrc 03-19-2013 05:35 PM

The aloe conditioner has isopropyl alcohol and amodimethicone. Amazon didn't have those listed in the ingredients when I bought them, although I did find it on the Jason website, so next time I'll check there first. Anyway, I'm not too unhappy about it, my sister will be happy to have a new conditioner. haha :) I'll look into others when I'm out of what I have.

Julesonline 03-19-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morganrc (Post 2140340)
The aloe conditioner has isopropyl alcohol and amodimethicone. Amazon didn't have those listed in the ingredients when I bought them, although I did find it on the Jason website, so next time I'll check there first. Anyway, I'm not too unhappy about it, my sister will be happy to have a new conditioner. haha :) I'll look into others when I'm out of what I have.

Oh, that's too bad!

morganrc 03-19-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julesonline (Post 2140408)
Quote:

Originally Posted by morganrc (Post 2140340)
The aloe conditioner has isopropyl alcohol and amodimethicone. Amazon didn't have those listed in the ingredients when I bought them, although I did find it on the Jason website, so next time I'll check there first. Anyway, I'm not too unhappy about it, my sister will be happy to have a new conditioner. haha :) I'll look into others when I'm out of what I have.

Oh, that's too bad!

Yup. I looked on the website and all of their conditioners have cones in them. They were recently reformulated. Oh well!

geminikiss 06-03-2013 01:12 PM

Ingredients for the styling gel

Aqua (Water), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Alcohol, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betaine/ Acrylates Copolymer, Carbomer, Panthenol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Equisetum Arvense Extract (1), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract (1), Scutellaria Galericulata Extract (1), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Limonene, Fragrance (Parfum)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com