How do you all feel about straight hair?

Like Tree14Likes

If your hair is naturally straight then I like it because it goes with you. I just don't like it when girls with unhealthy hair straighten their hair and tell girls with curly hair to straighten it. It's hard to make straight hair appear thick too. I have friends at school with straight hair and their whole entire hair thickness is about a half of mines, maybe even less.
I like straight hair, always have, always will.
Mine's straight atm as I'm travelling and to do it curly is just too much time and trouble - I can't be hogging other people's bathrooms and then be sitting around waiting for it to dry, wasting valuable holiday time! Luckily, as I say, I like it straight.

Strangely enough, mine looks thicker when it's straight, my curls are thin and tend towards stringiness.
3b in South Australia.
Starmie: what are your hair properties? Would you be my twin? My hair also looks thicker when it's straight (but I'm more 2c)
I like all kinds of hair as long as it looks soft and shiny (but not greasy). Hate when girls overuse their flat irons and have nasty, dry hair!

I like all kinds of hair as long as it looks soft and shiny (but not greasy). Hate when girls overuse their flat irons and have nasty, dry hair!
Originally Posted by OhSunshinex3
Yep.
Starmie: what are your hair properties? Would you be my twin? My hair also looks thicker when it's straight (but I'm more 2c)
Originally Posted by Neleke
My hair's the fine side of normal in texture, very porous (I've been dyeing it to cover greys for years) and low density (don't know if that's age or hormones, it's definitely got thinner the last few years). I haven't got a clue about elasticity. I know my siggy says 3b but it's actually a mix - 3b in the back, 3a (on a good day!) at the front and straight roots.
Sounds delightful doesn't it? I hope, for your sake, you're not my twin!
3b in South Australia.
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 939
A little envious because it's just so easy, and that includes "2" hair as well. I consider wavy hair to be straight for the most part.
A little envious because it's just so easy, and that includes "2" hair as well. I consider wavy hair to be straight for the most part.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
No, 2 hair is not in any way "easy" we have just as hard a time with our curls as any other curls, and me being a 2c it's not "straight" at all, just my under layers. If you look at what 2 hair looks like it's not straight in the least.
rainboe likes this.
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!
I like when my hair was straight.it seemed easier to take care of. right now im frustrated because I don't like the shea moisture products I got and it seems to leave residue and I end up washing my hair again. when my hair was flat ironed at a salon it seemed easier to take care of.im starting to think that natural hair culry is not for me. what can I put in daily to keep it dry.?I see products like paul Mitchell n then people say it may have cones and cones aint good and this product leaves in residue and so im not sure what I can do.HELP. any advice?
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 939
A little envious because it's just so easy, and that includes "2" hair as well. I consider wavy hair to be straight for the most part.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
No, 2 hair is not in any way "easy" we have just as hard a time with our curls as any other curls, and me being a 2c it's not "straight" at all, just my under layers. If you look at what 2 hair looks like it's not straight in the least.
Originally Posted by angelicak
It's straight enough to me, more like straight hair than curly hair, that's just my opinion.
And having a hard time holding your "curls" is different than having a hard time with your hair in general.

Last edited by Jessiebanana; 05-01-2013 at 12:23 PM.
A little envious because it's just so easy, and that includes "2" hair as well. I consider wavy hair to be straight for the most part.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
No, 2 hair is not in any way "easy" we have just as hard a time with our curls as any other curls, and me being a 2c it's not "straight" at all, just my under layers. If you look at what 2 hair looks like it's not straight in the least.
Originally Posted by angelicak
It's straight enough to me, more like straight hair than curly hair, that's just my opinion.
And having a hard time holding your "curls" is different than having a hard time with your hair in general.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
Well your opinion is wrong because you have no idea what it's like to have 2 hair so you wouldn't know. It's actually more like curly hair than straight and by no means is it easy as you claim, like I said you wouldn't know because u don't have 2 hair. Obviously there are some who have a hard time holding curl but as far as I've seen and have talked to 80% of girls with 2 hair don't have that problem with holding curl in.
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 939

No, 2 hair is not in any way "easy" we have just as hard a time with our curls as any other curls, and me being a 2c it's not "straight" at all, just my under layers. If you look at what 2 hair looks like it's not straight in the least.
Originally Posted by angelicak
It's straight enough to me, more like straight hair than curly hair, that's just my opinion.
And having a hard time holding your "curls" is different than having a hard time with your hair in general.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
Well your opinion is wrong because you have no idea what it's like to have 2 hair so you wouldn't know. It's actually more like curly hair than straight and by no means is it easy as you claim, like I said you wouldn't know because u don't have 2 hair. Obviously there are some who have a hard time holding curl but as far as I've seen and have talked to 80% of girls with 2 hair don't have that problem with holding curl in.
Originally Posted by angelicak
Lol, okay...someone's defensive. I don't have to explain myself to you and I'm certainly not going to fight on the internet.

It's straight enough to me, more like straight hair than curly hair, that's just my opinion.
And having a hard time holding your "curls" is different than having a hard time with your hair in general.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
Well your opinion is wrong because you have no idea what it's like to have 2 hair so you wouldn't know. It's actually more like curly hair than straight and by no means is it easy as you claim, like I said you wouldn't know because u don't have 2 hair. Obviously there are some who have a hard time holding curl but as far as I've seen and have talked to 80% of girls with 2 hair don't have that problem with holding curl in.
Originally Posted by angelicak
Lol, okay...someone's defensive. I don't have to explain myself to you and I'm certainly not going to fight on the internet.
Originally Posted by Jessiebanana
I'm not fighting, I'm just saying your wrong, you just can't realize that because you think anything less than your hair type is straight when that's not even what this forum is all about
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!
I agree with Angelicak....
Wavy hair is not straight - it's wavy. That doesn't mean it's curly either. Every type of hair has its own problems...

What I like about straight hair is being able to run your fingers through it without getting stuck! Lol but I love the volume and movement of curly hair
I actually really like how my hair looks when it is straight... but at the same time, I wouldn't be able to enjoy having straight hair constantly. I love the fact that my hair is unpredictable - some days it looks good and others it looks less-than, but at least I have variety. I love it when girls compliment my curly hair, even on days when I feel like it looks horrible. It makes me feel fortunate even if taming curly hair is quite the struggle!
I allways feel older when I have straight/ironed hair for some reason. Frankly, I'm too lazy to do it on a regular basis.
Co-Wash: Deva No Poo
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
Leave in: KKKT (with KCCC only)
HG Gel: KCCC
Currently experimenting with Garnier Pure Clean
There will be times I like straighten hair, but it annoys me how some girls with straight hair curl their hair 24/7 and call it beautiful. When a girl with naturally curly hair is considered ugly to some girls with straight hair.
sofiecurlygirl likes this.
As a wavycurly, I also think wavy hair isn't straight hair. It behaves very differently. True straight hair, (which I think is rarer than curly hair because so many "straights" I know own flat irons,) does not frizz. And all frizz is is hair that's been displaced from its natural pattern. That's why when you brush out curly/wavy hair, you wind up with a big old bush. I also think wavier hair has more of a mind of its own than curlier hair. I've been trying to help my wavy mom manage her hair which is a mix of 2A-2C and it's extremely unpredictable. You could do the exact same thing to her everyday and the weather could be relatively consistent but her wave pattern will do something wildly different everyday. The curls/waves never pop up in the same place. And it's frustrating for her. I can get up in the morning, refresh, and have pretty much the same hair I did yesterday. She gets up in the morning and it's Russian Roulette. She can refresh but it usually winds up looking disheveled. Pretty disheveled, but not everybody likes that look. But she does have curly hair. The pattern is there. But it's not like her hair reverts to straight. It can turn straighter if the dew point is extremely low. I saw it once. But it's never truly straight and she has just a hard time keeping it moisturized and in place as most curlies. And I'm on the wavycurly side (2C/3A some 3B underneath) and I can tell you I've never considered my hair straight. I used to pine for straight hair. It also took me 45 minutes to straighten my hair. And that's only because I'd gotten fast and used to do it on 400+ degree heat which I know is bad for you. And then if I'd encounter any rain or water the straight hair would go bye bye. I'm sure many of us know how frustrating it is when you want to go to the beach and have a good time with your friends. You want to look good for pictures. But then by the end of the day, no matter how flat you've ironed it, your hair is a ginormous frizzball. Or how you'd hit the gym and work up a sweat and bam, frizz is back. Not saying it's not challenging being a standard curly or a coily curly. I'm sure it is. But a lot of us wavycurlies have the similar problems and it can be a real pain in the ass.

Oh, by the way, not trying to be defensive. I just know where angelica is coming from.
rainboe likes this.
3A - C, HP, ME, HD. (Coarse, High Porosity, Medium Elasticity, High Density.)

CG since Nov. 2012

Poos: SM Moisture Retention + Yucca Baobab, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle
Condish: TJ 'sTea Tree Tingle*, SM Moisture Retention* + Curl & Shine + Yucca Baobab, Yes to Blueberries
Stylers: KCKT*, SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie* + Curl & Style Milk*, KCCC*, FSG*, CJ Pattern Pusha, Curl Keeper
Sealers: Jojoba* or Grapeseed* oil

* = HG


Last edited by dusalocks; 05-02-2013 at 04:44 PM.
What dusalocks said. I can tell you that other than when I had brazillian blowouts no one has ever thought my 2c hair was anything other than curly, even when I straightened it, it looked like curly hair that had been straightened (the ringlet frizz around my face was always a dead giveaway).

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using CurlTalk App
rainboe and dusalocks like this.
2C, Medium thickness, Low posity
Recovering from a year of keratin and bleach with CG

Routine

Low Poo, Condition, Leave in, Curl cream, Supersoak, Gel, Diffuse on high heat, with minimal lift to encourage waves and reduce frizz, Dry on cool with nozzle down to smooth hair and finish drying,Shine Serum

Weekly gelatin protien treatments.
There will be times I like straighten hair, but it annoys me how some girls with straight hair curl their hair 24/7 and call it beautiful. When a girl with naturally curly hair is considered ugly to some girls with straight hair.
Originally Posted by BeautyisMiree
This is the epitome of everything. I rarely get compliments on my curly hair but these straights who curl their hair always get tons of compliments because it's so perfect.
sofiecurlygirl likes this.
CG since: 2/9/2013
HAIR: 2a/b with nearly straight hair at neck, flat on top, low porosity, medium density, fine, medium length
Currently using:
Low Poo/No Poo: SM YB, Malibu C Hardwater Wellness (every other day)
Rinse Out: Malibu C Hardwater Wellness Conditioner
Leave In: SM Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk
Gel: Volumax (Sally's)
PT: gelatin!
DT: Curls Unleashed NR

Love diffusing.
Always learning!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com