CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Shampoo and conditioner at Walgreens? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/159178-shampoo-conditioner-walgreens.html)

JAJameson2010 06-10-2013 08:16 AM

Shampoo and conditioner at Walgreens?
 
I've been using the Shea Moisture shampoo with the treseme Naturals conditioner.

I need another shampoo and conditioner to rotate with. Any safe ones that I can get at walgreens today? Or should I go to ulta?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using CurlTalk App

chloe92us 06-10-2013 08:45 AM

A lot of people here like the Yes to Cucumbers, tomatoes, or blueberries.

The Loreal EverCurl cleansing conditioner is pretty good- the shampoo has cones though.

JAJameson2010 06-10-2013 08:49 AM

Thanks I'll look for those. I have a list of bad ingredients but don't quite trust myself yet with reading the lists :-)

Meera 06-10-2013 02:17 PM

The Ology moisturizing conditioner works pretty great for me.

Purplecurls17 06-10-2013 06:03 PM

I love the L'oreal ever curl cleansing condish! I am on my third bottle!

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 07:36 AM

Walgreens has nothing :( I even went to Ulta and ended up walking out empty handed. Going to have to buy the next shampoo/conditioner online.

They did have the Loreal stuff but I was to nervous about the shampoo being bad, but conditioner being great, etc LOL

Maybe I'll see if I can get the conditioner at walmart.com. I can get the Yes to Carrots ones there too.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Firefox7275 06-12-2013 07:42 AM

Walmart stock CURLS which is well thought of.

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 09:35 AM

Thanks! I'll take a look into that brand too. :) Nothing is stocked at my local Walmart, so I'm stuck ordering everything online. At least I get free shipping with a $45 purchase

curlicious13 06-12-2013 10:00 AM

Gainer fruits strength & length conditioner is cg safe & reasonably priced.

Jessiebanana 06-12-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefox7275 (Post 2179505)
Walmart stock CURLS which is well thought of.

Have you ever tried it? I was thinking about trying the conditioner once the new Target near my home opens up.

chloe92us 06-12-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 (Post 2179502)
Walgreens has nothing :(

If your Walgreens is like mine, for some odd reason they keep the natural stuff including the Yes to... line, Burt's Bees, Gud, and Alba Botanicals (also has some CG friendly stuff) in a completely different section than the rest of the shampoos/ hair care.

In mine, they are over by the face washes and creams. Who knows why....

Purplecurls17 06-12-2013 12:52 PM

I order my stuff through the Walgreens website and have it delivered to my store for free. I can pay cash if I want to at the store and it arrives in 2-5 business days. I work at Walgreens and I have a hard time finding products for my hair in-store. My Walgreens is located in a low-income area so we tend to carry cheap products, that are mostly not CG.
The YTC and Burt's Bees is classified under " naturals" that's why they are in a different section. Our SM is considered "multicultural" so it's in it's own section in the hair care Aisle. They base their product selection on the demographics of the area. It's annoying though. I prefer on ground shopping :P

KiraSavannah 06-12-2013 01:08 PM

I switch with different Shea moisture shampoos and use tresemme naturals too, but I like loreal and organix

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloe92us (Post 2179627)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 (Post 2179502)
Walgreens has nothing :(

If your Walgreens is like mine, for some odd reason they keep the natural stuff including the Yes to... line, Burt's Bees, Gud, and Alba Botanicals (also has some CG friendly stuff) in a completely different section than the rest of the shampoos/ hair care.

In mine, they are over by the face washes and creams. Who knows why....


I did not look over by the face washes! LOL Who would have thought? I'll have to find that part of the store next time

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiraSavannah (Post 2179645)
I switch with different Shea moisture shampoos and use tresemme naturals too, but I like loreal and organix

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App

Thanks! I'll add that to the list of things to try :)

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Purplecurls17 (Post 2179638)
I order my stuff through the Walgreens website and have it delivered to my store for free.

I had no idea that I could do that with Walgreens. That will be great for smaller orders that I can't get free shipping on.

JAJameson2010 06-12-2013 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlicious13 (Post 2179552)
Gainer fruits strength & length conditioner is cg safe & reasonably priced.

I'll add this one to the list too :) Thanks for the tip

wheretostart 06-12-2013 02:54 PM

They used to carry a line called Bioinfusion. They may still have it - its just been a few years since I bought it. Double check the ingredients but at the time I found that most of their products were cg friendly. If i remember right, they had some with the regular shampoos and some others in the ethnic hair section.

Geek_Chic 06-12-2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 (Post 2179541)
Thanks! I'll take a look into that brand too. :) Nothing is stocked at my local Walmart, so I'm stuck ordering everything online. At least I get free shipping with a $45 purchase

My Walmart stocks Giovanni and Yes To with the cosmetics /nail polish, not the hair care stuff. If you just checked the hair aisles, you might try there too.

Firefox7275 06-12-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessiebanana (Post 2179619)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firefox7275 (Post 2179505)
Walmart stock CURLS which is well thought of.

Have you ever tried it? I was thinking about trying the conditioner once the new Target near my home opens up.

I've tried the CURLS Milkshake and the Coconut Sublime conditioner. The conditioner was too heavy (fatty alcohols) and not slippy enough for my needs, but someone with a stronger curl pattern would likely get on better with it. It works as leave in or wash out. I *think* their Curly Q's (kids) Coconut Dream conditioner is the same formula but cheaper.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com