Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > General Discussion about Curly Hair

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
 
anissafersure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 171
Default Opinions on Shea Moisture Curling Soufflé?

Like the product junkie I am, I've been curious about trying this. What are your opinions on it?
anissafersure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
 
WavyRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 193
Default

I have mixed feelings....

I just tried it about three weeks ago and was in hair heaven. I felt I had FINALLY found my HG! My waves were more like ringlets and were very uniform which is a big deal for me! I got results air drying that I usually have to diffuse to get. The texture is very runny which makes application tricky, but after two or three uses I was very pleased. It even gave me second day hair.
Alas, like everything else I've tried, it didn't last. Now it seems to tangle my hair and feels very producty. It dries more almost more gummy than crunchy, so I had a very hard time when I tried to SOTC. It also made my hair stringy- I couldn't get any clumps.
But I'm not giving up because it was so great initially- I may just not be applying it correctly. I say give it a shot, but I am a PJ and try everything! I was thrilled to see it at Walmart last week, and it's readily available at Target, so you can always return it if you don't like it. Good luck!
__________________
2C normal/high porosity?, medium/coarse texture, lower density
Cleanse: Pura D'Or every week or two, Yes to Cukes
Conditioner: VO5 Kiwi Lime (LOVE!), Tresemme Naturals, YTC
DT: GVP Conditioning Balm w/ coconut oil
LI: a touch of JCTS
Products: my HG is Tresemme Bouncy Curls Defining Gel mixed with a touch of BRHG over a little flax seed gel, SM Souflee/Milk for 2nd day hair, occasionally Bioterra Curling Creme and Gel
Modified CG since November 2012- finally found what works!
WavyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #3
 
Samanthascurlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,052
Default

I really like the soufflé. I use it most of the time. I found the results of my hair were very similar when I used KCCC. Even though, KCCC has different ingredients, the jelly consistency was similar. AND the souffle is cheaper...which is very important lol.
__________________
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
 
anissafersure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyRoo View Post
I have mixed feelings....

I just tried it about three weeks ago and was in hair heaven. I felt I had FINALLY found my HG! My waves were more like ringlets and were very uniform which is a big deal for me! I got results air drying that I usually have to diffuse to get. The texture is very runny which makes application tricky, but after two or three uses I was very pleased. It even gave me second day hair.
Alas, like everything else I've tried, it didn't last. Now it seems to tangle my hair and feels very producty. It dries more almost more gummy than crunchy, so I had a very hard time when I tried to SOTC. It also made my hair stringy- I couldn't get any clumps.
But I'm not giving up because it was so great initially- I may just not be applying it correctly. I say give it a shot, but I am a PJ and try everything! I was thrilled to see it at Walmart last week, and it's readily available at Target, so you can always return it if you don't like it. Good luck!
That's what I was afraid would happen! There aren't that many reviews on YouTube about it, but it seemed like a lot of people were complaining about the stickiness/greasiness of it. I adore the curl enhancing smoothie & style milk, so I think I might give this a shot. Thank you! (:
anissafersure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
 
anissafersure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz View Post
I really like the soufflé. I use it most of the time. I found the results of my hair were very similar when I used KCCC. Even though, KCCC has different ingredients, the jelly consistency was similar. AND the souffle is cheaper...which is very important lol.
Do you use it paired with the curl enhancing smoothie? Or just by itself? and yeah, the KCCC is extremely overpriced in my opinion.
anissafersure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
 
Samanthascurlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anissafersure View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanthascurlz View Post
I really like the soufflé. I use it most of the time. I found the results of my hair were very similar when I used KCCC. Even though, KCCC has different ingredients, the jelly consistency was similar. AND the souffle is cheaper...which is very important lol.
Do you use it paired with the curl enhancing smoothie? Or just by itself? and yeah, the KCCC is extremely overpriced in my opinion.
I have the smoothie but I don't use it in conjunction with it because both contain a lot of humectants so too much can cause me frizz! I am still trying to learn the whole moisture/protein balance lol.

As far as KCCC goes, I do like it but, I won't buy again bc of the price. However, I can say a little goes a long way meaning it lasts you a good while so then it kind of makes the price worth it, but not? lol I can't seem to make my mind up! lol
__________________
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
 
WavyRoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 193
Default

Like KCCC, I think it's all about using the right amount and applying it properly. I have a hard time applying KCCC evenly, too. When I get it right, it's amazing! But when I don't, disaster:/. The two are very similar, but the Soufflé is way runnier. I also have the Smoothie but when I tried to use them both, my hair was messy and producty. I like the Smoothie as a second day hair refresher and frizz eliminator.
__________________
2C normal/high porosity?, medium/coarse texture, lower density
Cleanse: Pura D'Or every week or two, Yes to Cukes
Conditioner: VO5 Kiwi Lime (LOVE!), Tresemme Naturals, YTC
DT: GVP Conditioning Balm w/ coconut oil
LI: a touch of JCTS
Products: my HG is Tresemme Bouncy Curls Defining Gel mixed with a touch of BRHG over a little flax seed gel, SM Souflee/Milk for 2nd day hair, occasionally Bioterra Curling Creme and Gel
Modified CG since November 2012- finally found what works!
WavyRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #8
 
Samanthascurlz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WavyRoo View Post
Like KCCC, I think it's all about using the right amount and applying it properly. I have a hard time applying KCCC evenly, too. When I get it right, it's amazing! But when I don't, disaster:/. The two are very similar, but the Soufflé is way runnier. I also have the Smoothie but when I tried to use them both, my hair was messy and producty. I like the Smoothie as a second day hair refresher and frizz eliminator.
Yes, that is a perfect description, the soufflé is more runnier. Sorry, I didn't mean to start bringing up KCCC LOL. I just can't help but compare even though the ingredients are different.
__________________
High Porosity, Fine, Thin Density, Low Elasticity

Curls
Samanthascurlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 04:44 PM   #9
 
anissafersure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 171
Default

Currently, I use the Krystal Eco Styler Gel over my smoothie. I love how it gives me the hold/definition I want without making my hair feel or look producty. So if the soufflé has that effect when mixed with the smoothie that might be a no go for me.
anissafersure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #10
 
turquoisecurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 134
Default

I love the souffle! But less is more. I have bra strap length hair, when my hair is soaking wet I dip three fingers into the jar ( no scooping) just dip and smooth and scrunch it into my hair. I have never used it on its own I always follow up with gel. If clumping is an issue try to brush it into very wet hair and then scrunch, my tangle teezer works well for that. My hair is never greasy , just shiny and moisturized
ETA. My first jar lasted 6 months using it daily
__________________
2c/3a cg 01/10/13

Hair Properties: low( first 4 inches) / high porosity, medium density, fine/medium texture Climate : hot humid summer, coastal GA

Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut / Everlasting Sunshine, V05
Rinse out :Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, VO5 ocean refresh
LI: SMCHM ,SMCS, JCRR,
Gel: La Looks sport, Volumax mega gel,Biosilk Rock Hard gel my HG

Love ACV , pedaheh's gelatin treatment
My hair hates everything Deva curl and Curl Keeper,

Last edited by turquoisecurls; 07-01-2013 at 07:15 PM.
turquoisecurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
 
Jas76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,268
Default

I, too, like the soufflé! But both that and the smoothie, as mentioned above, LESS IS MORE! Even if your hair eats product like mine does, and even if its long and thick, you'll use a LOT less than you think.

I mix mine with another gel, or top it with another gel, bc it's not nearly enough hold for me.
__________________
2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
Seal - MO or Jojoba
DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
Jas76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com