CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Green tea rinse? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/171663-green-tea-rinse.html)

Nayy775 03-29-2014 04:40 PM

Green tea rinse?
 
1 Attachment(s)
I just found this on Pinterest, has anybody tried it??

Attachment 43601

lolo918 03-29-2014 05:04 PM

I haven't tried it, but it doesn't sound like it would hurt to try at least once. It's seems like it could be a rather inexpensive "product" to add to a regimen in addition to having tea to drink if you didn't like it in your hair. I wonder if you did any of them often enough if it would change hair color?

I think I had read somewhere about using chammomile to sort of help lighten hair over time. I would guess that any of the sort of brown teas may help enrich brown hair or maybe darken blondish hair based on that?

Nayy775 03-30-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo918 (Post 2262363)
I haven't tried it, but it doesn't sound like it would hurt to try at least once. It's seems like it could be a rather inexpensive "product" to add to a regimen in addition to having tea to drink if you didn't like it in your hair. I wonder if you did any of them often enough if it would change hair color?

I think I had read somewhere about using chammomile to sort of help lighten hair over time. I would guess that any of the sort of brown teas may help enrich brown hair or maybe darken blondish hair based on that?

Hmm, I didn't even think about thy it might change your hair color. But I definitely want to try it! I will post my results tomorrow!

sixelamy 03-30-2014 12:52 PM

I put green tea in my henna dyes. I originally put water in it, but when I switched to green tea, my hair was 10x softer. I haven't tried it as a rinse by itself.

Wavelicious 03-31-2014 01:29 AM

I have a boxes of these in my cabinet (bought it when I was on a diet I never stuck to lol) & it would be nice to get some use out of it, but I already take a green tea extract vitamin every day. maybe there's some kind of concoction I could mix up in a spray bottle & use as a leave in or something? hm... 😶


🐾

Nayy775 03-31-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wavelicious (Post 2262640)
I have a boxes of these in my cabinet (bought it when I was on a diet I never stuck to lol) & it would be nice to get some use out of it, but I already take a green tea extract vitamin every day. maybe there's some kind of concoction I could mix up in a spray bottle & use as a leave in or something? hm... 😶


🐾

If you do please share!!

lolo918 03-31-2014 08:51 PM

Sixelamy- great input! Every time I see your posts on henna I get this little tug because I love your hair color! You know the one that says...."Go ahead try it! Wasn't a nice red tinted color what you were going for when you (horrendously) dyed your hair in high school?" I'm still too chicken at the moment.


Wavelicious, I'm with Nayy775 in wanting to hear back with results!

sixelamy 03-31-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolo918 (Post 2262888)
Sixelamy- great input! Every time I see your posts on henna I get this little tug because I love your hair color! You know the one that says...."Go ahead try it! Wasn't a nice red tinted color what you were going for when you (horrendously) dyed your hair in high school?" I'm still too chicken at the moment.

You should try it! :) I absolutely am in love with how the color came out, thanks for the compliment!

Wavelicious 04-28-2014 02:55 AM

So I've been doing this for a while now & I'm not noticing much difference, my hair doesn't seem to be responding in any way. But to be fair I'm only doing in between washes on dry hair before bed & pineappling. I haven't time to do an actual rinse, I'm just using a spray bottle & misting in sections. I will say I haven't noticed as much hair in the comb in the shower though but that could be from me trying to stretch my washes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com