LA Looks Sports Gel Reviews

• 1 Post By amy51373

I'm am considering using this gel and I want to know what course/thick curlies have to say about this product.

Sent from CurlTalk App
My Hair:
3b - Low Porosity - High Density - Medium/Course Strands - Virgin Hair - Waist Length (Stretched) - I am a proud follower of the Begin Neglect Method!

Current Products:
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner
LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel
Avocado Oil

Blog: http://justmeandmycurl.blogspot.com/

I have been a CG for 1 Year and 6 months!

Current Length Goal: Waist Length while Curly or Hip Length Stretched

It was my absolute go to gel for any time of year and I loved it. The only reason I stopped using it is because I stopped using products with parabens...otherwise I'd still be using it today.
Curls80 likes this.
Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
Modified CG since Feb 2008
Originally Posted by amy51373
What are parabens?

~Jenae (Sent from CurlTalk App)
My Hair:

Current Products:
Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Conditioner
LA Looks Extreme Sport Gel
Avocado Oil

Blog: http://justmeandmycurl.blogspot.com/

I have been a CG for 1 Year and 6 months!

Current Length Goal: Waist Length while Curly or Hip Length Stretched

I love it. It's my HG. Good, strong hold, silicone & alcohol free, and for me works all year round. Worth a try, as it's only a few bucks!
2c/3a, botticelli/s'wavy, thick hair
Devacuts 3.5.14, 7.16.15
CG 9.11.14, on & off for years before

GOD really loves you. ∞
HGs: SM Shampoo, SM conditioners (RO), LA Looks Sport gel
*I love scalp scrubs, bangs, clipping roots, and diffusing!*
I wash my hair 1-2 times a week, usually 1
I have to say, I did not particularly like this one. I actually shipped it off to a fellow curly with thinner, fine-textured hair, whom I'd imagine is having far better luck with it. I honestly did not get any hold from this at all. It WAS light, which to me is always a plus (I absolutely LOVE light gels), however my main reasoning for using a gel is generally for hold, of course, and I didn't get that from this.

I'd expected better of it because of all the rave reviews, but everyone's hair is different, and I especially have seen that mine is particularly picky, so who knows! It just may work for you! I kind of wish it had worked, as the price and amount are wonderful!
Medium texture, with some fine. Normal porosity, with high porosity on the canopy, high density. 3a canopy, 3b middle layer, 3c bottom, and around edges.

•Conditioner: DevaCare One Condition (Summer) Decadence One Condition (Winter)
•No-poo: DevaCare No-Poo
•Styler(s): DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
•CG as of 12/?/2014, BC 04/?/2015. First CG cut 7/9/2015.
Originally Posted by amy51373
What are parabens?

~Jenae (Sent from CurlTalk App)
Originally Posted by BeautyOG
They're preservatives found in a lot of beauty products. I'm trying to go more natural in the products I use on my hair and skin.
mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density