Mixed it up with a headband

Like Tree1Likes

Today I decided to wear a headband. My curls turned out pretty good but the headband is just something different. When I first got to work I didn't put it in right away because my hair was still wet. When I did put it on one of my coworkers said, "Oh you put your band in." with raised eyebrows and a smirk. I said yes and then asked her what the look was about. "She said oh nothing, you didn't have a band in when you got here". Okay?

This is coming from somebody who has her hair styled once a week and it doesn't move. Short and big hair that always looks the same.

I was thinking maybe it's because I do different things with hair, makeup, clothes, etc. that people feel comfortable about commenting on it. Who knows? I like the headband.
When I did put it on one of my coworkers said, "Oh you put your band in." with raised eyebrows and a smirk. I said yes and then asked her what the look was about. "She said oh nothing, you didn't have a band in when you got here". Okay?
Originally Posted by pinksugar
She sounds like an expert on stating the obvious. I would have said, "Thanks! I never would've noticed I did that if you weren't here to point it out to me."
*Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
Stupid co-workers...

I love headbands for second day hair or for keeping my hair out of my face w/o having to pull it up. They also are very stylish at the moment, so I say keep wearing them!
~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

<~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
http://public.fotki.com/Kasey314/

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl



I try to take it with a grain of salt. She is also the person in the office that is always saying, "I can smell you." Another okay?

Somebody else just came in my office and told me they loved my hair today.
Sounds like jealousy. You have this great hair, and the ability and savvy to change your look at a moment's notice. Take it as a compliment.
"For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella
Weird... x.x

I love headbands! I think they're fantastic little things. They're a super easy way to dress up your 'do. Plus, the fat ones can help disguise a bad hair day. If I'm feeling really bad, I pop my curls into a bun/pony/pig tails with a fat band and go. Instant cuteness!

Just a tad weird!
I agree with everyone else, shes definitly jealous and probably gets some weird satisfaction from being Captain Obvious.

2c/3a
Growing out hair to a little above bsl
pw: ringlets


I try to take it with a grain of salt. She is also the person in the office that is always saying, "I can smell you." Another okay?
Originally Posted by pinksugar
Ohhh, one of those people. She'd love me then because I wear headbands at least half the time.
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
I think some people get a bit shirty with us curlies because they think we're a little self obsessed, because we do check our hair a lot and change it up and mess about with it if we feel it's not working, or its threatening to do something unpleasant! (yes, we are hair-psychic, we know exactly when our hair is loitering with intent!!!) My friend used to say I was going to wear out her mirror!

I also tend to mention my hair a lot, specially if its being awkward that day, so I guess people think I am fishing for compliments or something. Just a case of people getting it wrong.

Liz xx
Here are my curly pics, password is fuzz

http://public.fotki.com/zeldagoblin/

But then again, too few to mention...
She can SMELL you?? What is that supposed to mean??

She's definitely jealous!
MY HAIR ALBUM
pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
Talk about stating the obvious.

I love headbands at work since they keep my hair from falling forward in my face.

I also love mesh snoods for when I really don't want to mess with my hair.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
What in the world is a snood?
MY HAIR ALBUM
pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
ab-star, you crack me up. Here is a type of snood (with or without flowers).
3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
Well they are pretty! I have never, ever heard that word before!!
MY HAIR ALBUM
pw - jack

Going natural for the summer...just a dab of ArcAngell!
She can SMELL you?? What is that supposed to mean??

She's definitely jealous!
Originally Posted by Ab-star

Yeah, like when you wear a scented lotion or something. Her own daughter has asked her, "Exactly what is that supposed to mean?" She always avoids an answer.
Well they are pretty! I have never, ever heard that word before!!
Originally Posted by Ab-star
Lol, it is a weird sounding word.

I get mine here

http://www.snoods.com/

I like the other site too - with the flowers, looks interesting.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
pinksugar,

I would respond by laughing and saying "Well you ARE a master of the obvious!"

That can be taken as a joke or as an insult. That way, you are getting your point across to her without being mean (and thereby stooping to her level).
YES WE CAN!

kdcreigh 4a and b (who knows?)

Relegated to occasional lurking in order to keep the PJ in check!


http://public.fotki.com/kdcreigh/
PW: natural
pinksugar,

I would respond by laughing and saying "Well you ARE a master of the obvious!"

That can be taken as a joke or as an insult. That way, you are getting your point across to her without being mean (and thereby stooping to her level).
Originally Posted by kdcreigh
Thanks for the advice. Yesterday I wore a headband just because. My hair didn't turn out so great today, so at lunch I'm going to get another headband and come back wearing it. I'll use your response if she says anything which I can guarantee she will.
Okay, thanks a lot guys. Now, I absolutely NEED to get a snood
*CG for wavies. Type 2/3ab mix.
(overgrown) Inverted bob.
*Conditioner - VO5, Oyin, Goth Rosary
*Gel - Origins, Jessicurl or Lush
*Lo-Poo - Carols Daughter
pinksugar,

I would respond by laughing and saying "Well you ARE a master of the obvious!"

That can be taken as a joke or as an insult. That way, you are getting your point across to her without being mean (and thereby stooping to her level).
Originally Posted by kdcreigh
Thanks for the advice. Yesterday I wore a headband just because. My hair didn't turn out so great today, so at lunch I'm going to get another headband and come back wearing it. I'll use your response if she says anything which I can guarantee she will.
Originally Posted by pinksugar
Anything interesting happen?
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com