CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   Cute new DevaClips (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/20004-cute-new-devaclips.html)

redcelticcurls 05-02-2007 09:30 PM

Cute new DevaClips
 
I saw these on CurlMart and thought that they were cute!

http://i11.tinypic.com/4zjc7sm.jpg

The front part of my hair is getting long enough to get in my face, but not quite long enough to get out of the way. I had been clipping it with a silver duckbill to keep that section back a couple of inches while keeping my hair down and loose. It'll be nice to have clips that blend in more with the hair!

CurliLocks 05-02-2007 10:41 PM

LMK how they work compared to the silver ones. I don't leave mine in, I use bobby pins, but sometimes I could use a clip.

Guide18 05-03-2007 10:01 AM

So, do we think the intention of the color-coordinated clips is to wear them in public? I think they would still look funny, no matter what color! :wink:

redcelticcurls 05-03-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuZenGuide
So, do we think the intention of the color-coordinated clips is to wear them in public? I think they would still look funny, no matter what color! :wink:

I had thought of that. Why else make them in colors? I do wear a silver one that I hide in my mop, so I wouldn't mind trying to hide a red one. :lol:

Kaia 05-03-2007 10:22 AM

Maybe these are an answer to the countless times we've gone to dinner, work, shopping, etc with our clips still in. :lol: At least they won't be quite as obvious in colors.

CurliLocks 05-03-2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bailey422
Maybe these are an answer to the countless times we've gone to dinner, work, shopping, etc with our clips still in. :lol: At least they won't be quite as obvious in colors.

LOL that's what I was thinking! :lol: I hopped in the car and drove to my son's school the other day, and thank goodness I caught myself in the mirror or I would have walked into the office with a silver one in the front. :shock:

mayim 05-03-2007 05:38 PM

i do that all the time! i totally forget i have them in. i just ordered some!

*super excited!*

m

redcelticcurls 05-06-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayim
i do that all the time! i totally forget i have them in. i just ordered some!

*super excited!*

m

Me too! The photo makes them seem smaller than the metal duckbills I have. This could be a good thing.

CurliLocks 05-06-2007 11:13 PM

So you will have to update us when you get them to tell us if they are smaller; are they curved, etc.? Details!

icequeen 05-07-2007 10:22 AM

I picked some up this weekend. They are longer than the standard Deva clips but shorter than a duckbill. I like them so far. My hair didn't get caught in them like the traditional Deva clips. I also like the color idea so I can wear them while air drying during a Pilates class in the a.m.

mrfhnl 05-07-2007 11:28 AM

I can't figure out how to use them since they don't bend like the metal ones.
Any pics of them in your hair?

icequeen 05-07-2007 12:59 PM

I don'have any pics of them in my hair. Used them for the first time this a.m. They definitely don't bend and are hard plastic. I never bent my silver Devaclips so they work ok for me.

LavenderCurls 05-07-2007 01:46 PM

I got some of these yesterday at the curly hair show in a sample pack of Deva stuff. I love them! They are PERFECT for holding my thin hair in place for lift. Love 'em :).

icequeen 05-07-2007 02:26 PM

I got them in the same Deva pack. I'm actually thinking of ordering another set from Curlmart. 10 don't go far in my hair. It is a nice set and will be great for traveling. I sometimes think I spend more time picking out hair products for trips than clothes! At least, I can now just grab a bag. The Deva DVD was not what I expected but....love the rest of the kit.

mayim 05-07-2007 05:42 PM

i just got mine in the mail today, and they are in my hair as it's airdrying right now.

they are hard plastic, and as others have said, shorter than a duckbill clip but longer than the two-pronged silver ones from sallys that i normally use. they are the same shape as a duckbill clip but don't curve at all.

they don't have any teeth or anything that would catch in the hair, and they are pretty strong. they seem to stand up fairly well.

i will know better how they have worked once my hair is dry, so i'll update this message then.

:D

m

mrfhnl 05-07-2007 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayim
i just got mine in the mail today, and they are in my hair as it's airdrying right now.

they are hard plastic, and as others have said, shorter than a duckbill clip but longer than the two-pronged silver ones from sallys that i normally use. they are the same shape as a duckbill clip but don't curve at all.

they don't have any teeth or anything that would catch in the hair, and they are pretty strong. they seem to stand up fairly well.

i will know better how they have worked once my hair is dry, so i'll update this message then.

:D

m

can you take a pic while they're in your hair and post? :)

mayim 05-07-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrfhnl
can you take a pic while they're in your hair and post? :)

unfortunately i can't because i don't have a camera at the moment.

sorry! :(

m

CurliLocks 05-07-2007 08:55 PM

So they're about 2-3 inches long? I usually use the 2-prong ones (2 sets of 2 prongs each clip), and mine have a little bar across one of the sets of prongs that always gets caught in my hair. :x

I'm waiting for more reviews before ordering yet another hair product. :oops: I bend my metal clips to keep them from flopping over, so I need to know these plastic ones will stay up.

LavenderCurls 05-09-2007 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurliLocks
I'm waiting for more reviews before ordering yet another hair product. :oops: I bend my metal clips to keep them from flopping over, so I need to know these plastic ones will stay up.

They'll stay up. If I try to put the metal ones in my hair when wet, they slide right out (never tried bending them) because my hair is thin and even more so when wet. Before I got the Deva clips, I was weighing one side of my hair down with a Pampered Chef little package clip, one that snaps into place :lol: . These stay in and up pretty darn good and I've put the Pampered Chef clip back into the kitchen :lol:.

CurliLocks 05-09-2007 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LavenderCurls

They'll stay up. If I try to put the metal ones in my hair when wet, they slide right out (never tried bending them) because my hair is thin and even more so when wet. Before I got the Deva clips, I was weighing one side of my hair down with a Pampered Chef little package clip, one that snaps into place :lol: . These stay in and up pretty darn good and I've put the Pampered Chef clip back into the kitchen :lol:.

Good to know, thanks! :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com