View Poll Results: Lighter or Darker?
Lighter 3 50.00%
Darker 0 0%
nothing 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

I really wanna go BLONDE!will it suit me-UPDATE

You are VERY beautiful... and I love big dark eyes and dark hair.

I think you should keep your color the way it is.
Originally Posted by Springcurl
ita.

also agree that you look like marisa tomei. your hair suits you.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
Blonde is played out. What about a dark red like a deep maroonish color?
You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
I for the life of me cannot figure out why so many dark headed women want to be blonde.
Originally Posted by FieryCurls
It's really just for a change. I have many friends who have had chunky blonde highlights and they looked okay and sometimes hot and funky(which is the look youre going for, not natural and nice). I've always preferred red though. Sarasara, I think you can do blond highlights..not sure about which shade though but you have to get the right shade. I do think would look best in darker hair but I'm sure you already know that .
dp
You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
You have such gorgoeus hair!! I vote for something sultry and reddish
rather than the pale blonde.

It will go better with your skintone and you won't fry your hair - trust me on this one!!

BTW - you are gorgeous as is!!
Ugh. Please don't go blonde. Your dark hair is beautiful
3c
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 779
If you want a guy's opinion...you'd look hot with blonde hair.
Guide18
Guest
Posts: n/a
Personally, I'm not crazy about blonde hair with darkish skin. You look lovely with dark hair.

Also, I think your eyebrows will not look right with blonde hair.
I don't think you would look good blonde. But the caramel/auburn suggestion would be lovely for your hair. Especially when your out in the sun it would be very striking.
4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
I think blonde would be a big mistake for you. It will likely make your skin tones look muddy, and overall, be pretty unnatural. Also damaging as heck to your hair to lighten so many shades up.

I agree with the caramel highlights idea, though -- you'd get the lift you're looking for but with a more flattering, natural look.

A few years ago a top model with very dark hair/eyes and deep olive skin tones went very blonde for a Clairol ad campaign. I wish I could remember her name now so I could google it -- she looked AWFUL as a blonde, and she was a gorgeous woman. She went dark again ASAP.
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
A few years ago a top model with very dark hair/eyes and deep olive skin tones went very blonde for a Clairol ad campaign. I wish I could remember her name now so I could google it -- she looked AWFUL as a blonde, and she was a gorgeous woman. She went dark again ASAP.
Originally Posted by fig jam
I found this link. Perhaps she is one of them?
http://www.bwgreyscale.com/ads/clairol.html
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
Yes, thanks! It was Yasmeen Ghauri. Even the hair color itself looks unnatural.
"Tell me, are you incapable of restraining yourself, or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"Honey Badger don't care!"
Yes, thanks! It was Yasmeen Ghauri. Even the hair color itself looks unnatural.
Originally Posted by fig jam
Blonde:



Natural and some lighter hair, but not blonde blonde:








Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
thanks everyone for the responses-and compliments

I know the pictures aren't very clear,but the blonde color the model had is NOT at all the color I had in mind,in terms of the shade as well as it was all over. Plus,like Josephine and some others said,I have no intention of making it look supposedly natural,like the model was trying to,instead I want it to have chunky pieces with a lot of dark hair showing. I have tried caramel and honey highligts which I liked,but Im a person who likes a change a lot,and thats why red is also out of the question because it turns a horrible color which needs to be bleached,according to a hairdresser.

I know that pictures aren't the exact thing but is my skin tone warm or cool,because I can't really figure that out,especially since some said that I have an olive skin tone which I thought had nothing to do with my skin color My complexion looks most like the first and last pictures I guess...

I have also looked for wigs in the haircolor I want but for some reason the only blonde wigs in the Middle East are the very golden ones that I dont like

Thanks for the responses
if beyonce can go blonde anyone can.
Originally Posted by frau
i disagree, because they have different color undertones.

the blonde you pictured is too blonde for your skin, in my opinion. but going a carmel-y color would probably look fantatastic. like beyonce's to be exact!
....and thats why red is also out of the question because it turns a horrible color which needs to be bleached,according to a hairdresser.
Originally Posted by sarasara
Just an FYI: If you are going lighter, whether it's highlights or all over, it WILL require bleach. If you don't bleach before and then tone, you will need a high-lift color (bleach) to lighten. You will actually have to bleach longer to achieve blonde than red. HTH

It sounds like you have your heart set on the light blonde highlights, so go for it if it makes you happy. With the right attitude, you can pull off the chunky funky highlights.

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
It sounds like you have your heart set on the light blonde highlights, so go for it if it makes you happy. With the right attitude, you can pull off the chunky funky highlights.
Ya i guess that's true and when I want something I usually go on and do it even if the whole world tells me not to,so I guess I was trying to get everyone on NC to change my mind by saying no :P
thanks everyone for the responses-and compliments

I know the pictures aren't very clear,but the blonde color the model had is NOT at all the color I had in mind,in terms of the shade as well as it was all over. Plus,like Josephine and some others said,I have no intention of making it look supposedly natural,like the model was trying to,instead I want it to have chunky pieces with a lot of dark hair showing. I have tried caramel and honey highligts which I liked,but Im a person who likes a change a lot,and thats why red is also out of the question because it turns a horrible color which needs to be bleached,according to a hairdresser.

I know that pictures aren't the exact thing but is my skin tone warm or cool,because I can't really figure that out,especially since some said that I have an olive skin tone which I thought had nothing to do with my skin color My complexion looks most like the first and last pictures I guess...

I have also looked for wigs in the haircolor I want but for some reason the only blonde wigs in the Middle East are the very golden ones that I dont like

Thanks for the responses
Originally Posted by sarasara
You have red undertones in all those pics, so I would not say you have an olive complexion as olive has yellow/gold undertones (and I personally think of olive as a little darker.) To me, you look more cool than warm. You are also so cute, and I think you should keep the dark hair because it suits you (as it should - it's what God gave you.) Going blond is so cliched. If you have to change colours, I'd go with a deep red or a lighter caramel type brown, but I think you should leave it as is!
Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali











Banned
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 41,043
Ok, then, don't come cryin' to us when it doesn't work out
Remember...
blondes have more fun
but, brunettes get it done!

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com