I have a pretty good arsenal of products and ideas for routines/combos (thanks to this board) and I've mostly stayed on the CG course despite MANY bad results over the last month or so.
Here is how the disaster unfolded tonight:
1. Poo: Beyond the Zone Curly poo - just bought it today - no it's not CG, but I was a sucker for the packaging and I am beginning to have my doubts about being 100% CG. (plus I had some jojoba oil in my hair from another small disaster this morning - that I felt I need to sulfate WASH out - it was GROSS)
WOW it was super moisturizing - it felt like I already had conditioner in my hair - I was totally NOT expecting that.....
2. Condish: DevaCare One Condish - I hesitated, but, feeling the pressure to keep things moving I put it in.
3. Curl enhancer: BTZ Noodlehead in sopping wet hair
4. Gel: Angell over noodlehead hair still sopping wet
(starting to have major doubts at this point - not getting the "good hair" vibe)
5. Scrunched/plopped in micro towel 10 min.
6. Took it down and BLECH - limpy wimpy (but soft) waves.
7. (starting to feel desperate) Need....more....curl....enhancement: HE Totally Twisted mousse
8. As it's drying I notice a halo forming - I am flying blind at this point, really - so I grabbed the Satinwear to try to smooth things over.
END RESULT: a frizzy, flyaway, limp set of barely waves (with straightening canopy as it's drying)
I just dont know if I have the patience for this! Gunky, dry, flat, frizzy - no proteins, cones, sulfates - overhelmed, confused, frustrated!
Straightening now just seems like it was soooo much easier! I am wondering if I was just not meant to have pretty curls. On a bad curl/wave day I dont look presentable at ALL. On a good one (at least the best I've had) it's just O.K. (and the "OK" doesn't last half a day)
Thanks for listening!