Im in love with taylor swifts HAIR!!How does she do it?

Its simply amazing. I cant get over it. How does she do it?
I'm sure she gets a lot of help from professional hairstylists.
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
Its simply amazing. I cant get over it. How does she do it?
Originally Posted by curlyxo10
It is beautiful ... I'm wondering if a curling iron is used ?? It seems too perfect to have achieved it without a little help.

It is the same thing with Oprah's curls .. they are gorgeous, but I highly doubt anyone without on their own personal stylist could ever achieve it consistently.
Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
If you look at her myspace she does it on her own. Not as perfect but still awesome. =]
If you look at her myspace she does it on her own. Not as perfect but still awesome. =]
Originally Posted by curlyxo10
Color me impressed then!
2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!
so i'm getting a haircut tomorrow so i was googling some pics of curly heads for inspiration, and came across some pictures of taylor swift...i think it's funny that the recommendation for straighties who want to achieve her look is to "get a perm"...what is so wrong with everyone dealing with their natural hair?

http://www.hairstyleswatch.com/tag/Taylor_Swift
PW: curls
mostly 3b with some 3a and 3c mixed in; super thick and thirsty
~current products: to cleanse: elucence moisturizing shampoo; condition: aussie 3 minute miracle or tresemme mixed with jojoba oil; leave in: suave naturals toasted vanilla; gel: la looks sport gel
~~still looking for my HG
I also have to say that Taylor Swift has some of the most beautiful curly hair I've ever seen. I can only get hair like her hair with a spiral perm. My natural hair is a 2a to a 2b depending on the weather. I spiral perm my hair about once every 8 months or so to get more bounce and curl to my otherwise wavy hair. However, I wonder if someone knows if Taylor Swift's hair is naturally curly like you see in the pictures, or does she get a perm for her hair. There aren't very many women out there who have natural spiral curls like Taylor Swift.
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 583
I also have to say that Taylor Swift has some of the most beautiful curly hair I've ever seen. I can only get hair like her hair with a spiral perm. My natural hair is a 2a to a 2b depending on the weather. I spiral perm my hair about once every 8 months or so to get more bounce and curl to my otherwise wavy hair. However, I wonder if someone knows if Taylor Swift's hair is naturally curly like you see in the pictures, or does she get a perm for her hair. There aren't very many women out there who have natural spiral curls like Taylor Swift.
Originally Posted by Curlyperm12
I would stop perming if I were you. Its just going to straighten out your hair. In fact, if you lay off the chemicals you might find that your hair is 3a or 3b, like Taylor Swift!
I'm not sure what you mean... how does a perm end up making someones hair straight? My cousin has wavy hair but she gets a perm every summer and her hair looks great! I've known her to do this since we were in High School (long ago, oh my, where has the time gone?!), so I'm not sure how a perm can make hair go straight. Is it from chemical damage?

Currious,
Linda From Illinois
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 293
I'm not sure what you mean... how does a perm end up making someones hair straight? My cousin has wavy hair but she gets a perm every summer and her hair looks great! I've known her to do this since we were in High School (long ago, oh my, where has the time gone?!), so I'm not sure how a perm can make hair go straight. Is it from chemical damage?

Currious,
Linda From Illinois
Originally Posted by agoldenlover
yeah keikok has a point, it can make peoples hair straight and it usually does. The chemical that they use straightens out the hair shaft and then its curled on something. If its wrapped around something greater than an inch in diameter it will eventually lose the bond, since after all its a fake bond, and revert to a straighter version of the previous state.
I still don't see how perming can straighten one's hair. I had stick straight typical asian hair growing up. In my early teens I got a perm and somehow it must have brought out the natural wave in my hair because it's never been straight and frizz-free since then.
2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

Location: SoCal
http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
I'm not too familiar with Taylor Swift...is her hair naturally curly? I've seen her music videos and I was so proud of a celebrity actually flaunting curly hair! But is it natural?
Use to be 3A/3B
Currently Coppola Keratin Treatment
Ready to transition back to my curls that I've missed!
I think I read in People that she said her hair is naturally curly.
It's beautiful!

Never heard of perms straightening hair either. Most of my friends that got perms in the 80's had frizzy & curly hair ever since it was permed, seemed to change the dynamic in their hair and did not straighten it.
Banned
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 583
I think I read in People that she said her hair is naturally curly.
It's beautiful!

Never heard of perms straightening hair either. Most of my friends that got perms in the 80's had frizzy & curly hair ever since it was permed, seemed to change the dynamic in their hair and did not straighten it.
Originally Posted by roxster
If you're hair is already curly or "wavy" and you perm it then, yes it would straighten it in most cases. If they wrap your hair around a 1" rod and you have .5" curls in diameter then you would have looser curls. Besides, as bh said the chemical itself straightens the hair.

I think Taylor Swift's hair is natural, although I would be surprised if the color is natural (I'm not saying it isn't). Her hair always looks good.
I also have to say that Taylor Swift has some of the most beautiful curly hair I've ever seen. I can only get hair like her hair with a spiral perm. My natural hair is a 2a to a 2b depending on the weather. I spiral perm my hair about once every 8 months or so to get more bounce and curl to my otherwise wavy hair. However, I wonder if someone knows if Taylor Swift's hair is naturally curly like you see in the pictures, or does she get a perm for her hair. There aren't very many women out there who have natural spiral curls like Taylor Swift.
Originally Posted by Curlyperm12
I would stop perming if I were you. Its just going to straighten out your hair. In fact, if you lay off the chemicals you might find that your hair is 3a or 3b, like Taylor Swift!
Originally Posted by keikok
That's not true, at least not for me. I've been perming my hair for about 5-6 years now. However, last year I didn't get a perm. My previous perm pretty much grew out, but my natural hair that grew back in was still fairly wavy like it was before I ever permed my hair. I permed my hair again before Thanksgiving after going about 18 months without getting a perm. Of course, now my hair is really curly again with the perm I got a month ago.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com