Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > General Discussion about Curly Hair

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 08:13 PM   #61
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 173
Default

Where did you get the big BRHG?
__________________
So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!
Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #62
 
DEL2C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 6,360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Where did you get the big BRHG?
I've seen them on e-bay
__________________
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
DEL2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 PM   #63
 
CurliLocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,081
Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks
Thumbs up

What a great video! msgiblet referred me to it, since I'll be trying out KCCC very soon (we did a sample swap).

So I thought I'd bump it up since there are so many others trying this out late as well.
__________________

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #64
 
kathymack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,626
Default

Great idea. I credit mysteryflavored with developing my technique--from watching this video. I actually put all my products in this way--with a little raking.
__________________
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #65
 
CurliLocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,081
Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks
Smile

I also gather that I should scrunch my products into wet hair (again), then scrunch out some water with my mf towel afterward. I used to, but I prefer being in front of a mirror, helps so I don't miss spots. I'll have to try it again in the shower and see how it goes. I usually just gather the wet hair loosely into a towel (like plopping) until I get out and get dried off, then I apply products.
__________________

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #66
 
msgiblet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 5,824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurliLocks View Post
I also gather that I should scrunch my products into wet hair (again), then scrunch out some water with my mf towel afterward. I used to, but I prefer being in front of a mirror, helps so I don't miss spots. I'll have to try it again in the shower and see how it goes. I usually just gather the wet hair loosely into a towel (like plopping) until I get out and get dried off, then I apply products.
What worked for me yesterday and gave me great 2nd day hair today was scrunching with a towel after I rinsed out my conditioner. Then while still in the shower I combed some KBB Nectar through upside down and scrunched that in. Then out of the shower, I applied Ohm SHP like mystery's video (I also like to see what I'm doing when I use this method) and plopped, then after plopping scrunched in a little gel. Worked really well. My hair was still wet enough when I got out of the shower even after all of that to still get plenty of the "squishing" sound when scrunching product in. I think this might work even better for me with the KCCC since it really seems to hold the water in longer than other products - might cut down on the drying time.
__________________
http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

msgiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #67
 
CurliLocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,081
Send a message via Yahoo to CurliLocks
Default

Thanks msg! Just saw this response. I'll try to remember all this info when I use it.
__________________

SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring"
3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
* pw: just4curlies
* My Motto: Strand Test!
some hair pics
-- gone, but never forgotten.
CurliLocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #68
 
jillipoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 3,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgiblet View Post

What worked for me yesterday and gave me great 2nd day hair today was scrunching with a towel after I rinsed out my conditioner. Then while still in the shower I combed some KBB Nectar through upside down and scrunched that in. Then out of the shower, I applied Ohm SHP like mystery's video (I also like to see what I'm doing when I use this method) and plopped, then after plopping scrunched in a little gel. Worked really well. My hair was still wet enough when I got out of the shower even after all of that to still get plenty of the "squishing" sound when scrunching product in. I think this might work even better for me with the KCCC since it really seems to hold the water in longer than other products - might cut down on the drying time.
With some minor variations, I do the same thing. With all other products, I scrunch out water with a towel *after* all the products are in, but with KCCC, I put in my leave-in, scrunch out water with a towel, and then squish in some KCCC (usually mixed with a bit of BRHG). As msgiblet points out, KCCC tends to hold on to a lot of water, so unless you want to wait four hours for your hair to dry, it's a good idea to get a bunch of water out before applying the KCCC.

I'm eager to hear if you like this stuff, CurliLocks!
__________________
3a and strictly CG since August 2007. Porous and on the fine side. No to magnesium sulfate and glycerin. Yes to protein! Favorites:
CO-WASHES: Suave Coconut
CONDITIONERS and LEAVE-INS: Mop Top Daily Conditioner, KBB Nectar, Aubrey GPB or Island Naturals, Robert Craig, Any Jessicurl
CURL ENHANCERS/CREMES/MOUSSES: KCCC, JoiWhip
GELS: Fuzzy Duck, B5 Design, MGA Scultping, BRHG


Fotki password: chuckle
Blog: http://jillipoo.blogspot.com/
Twitter: nopoojillipoo

Last edited by jillipoo; 03-04-2009 at 09:54 PM. Reason: spelling error
jillipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #69
 
thick_n_wavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 250
Default

Hey Mysteryflavored,
I noticed you label yourself as protein-wary/sensitive. How do you know you are protein sensitive--what happens to your hair? And how do you un-do the damage?
Thanks!
thick_n_wavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:12 PM   #70
 
burgundy_locks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,353
Default

i saw this vid a while back when i started learning about CG and when i bought my KCCC. i kinda blocked it out. watched it 10 minutes before leaving work and stopped at the vitamin shoppe to pick up some Jane Carter N&S!! luckily my gas company sent me a $25 gift card! I am such a PJ!
__________________
para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products
wash with Low Poo or Poo
condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
Play with ACV
burgundy_locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:57 PM   #71
 
mickalia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 88
Default

It's so funny to watch someone else go through the same tedious routine I do! One side, then the other, then upside down, all while trying to keep your wet hair off your back! hahaha....
mickalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 PM   #72
 
Curly_Cajun_Femme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 342
Default

Great vid got KCCC users....

Thanks for the vid.....
__________________
3b /3c
HG Summer List
Boots Pink is the bomb on my summer hair.
Donna Marie MiraCurls
Poos: KCCClean, JCChealting
Leave In: KCKT, KomazaCalifia
Conditioners:AOHR
Styling: KCCC, BRHG, UFCM, MC
Deep Tx's: CJCR and LustraSIlk
Your mind is like a parachute, It only functions when its open.....
Reality, What a concept.~G. Carlin
Curly_Cajun_Femme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #73
 
ivycharlaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 458
Default

Love this video!
__________________


3c
***I Kinky Curly***


http://www.IvyCharlaine.com

SuBsCrIbE to my YouTube channel for all things hair and more
www.youtube.com/ivycharlaine


http://public.fotki.com/Ivycharlaine/


ivycharlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #74
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 67
Default The top of your hair?

I have watched your video several times, and I am fascinated by the top of your hair! My curl pattern is not that different, but the top of my hair is always really flat and kind of awkward looking. I am currently experimenting with co-washing and occasional shampoo bars (to cut down on the grease), but no matter how I handle my hair, it never looks quite as voluminous.

I guess that's just my hair envy
Lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #75
 
ShidaNatural's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
Default Video of How I Apply Kinky-Curly

Below are 2 YouTube video weblinks of how I apply Kinky-Curly (first video), and how I maintained my curls for 5 days after applying (second video)... I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsAQUe-fqYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feZpJ...eature=related
ShidaNatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:05 PM   #76
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 33
Default Variations on using KCCC

I'm on the fence about buying KCCC. I read that this product should not be mixed with other glycerin based conditioners or LIs, oils, butters etc. The CC is specifically meant to be used with KT...otherwise, drying time is increased and frizz comes into play. Have any of you had success skipping the KT and using another product in conjuction with the CC? Have any of you used CC with Deva OneC as a LI? OneC contains glycerin so I'm curious to know whether this combination could work.

Great video by the way!
capaRezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:08 AM   #77
 
kathymack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,626
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capaRezza View Post
I'm on the fence about buying KCCC. I read that this product should not be mixed with other glycerin based conditioners or LIs, oils, butters etc. The CC is specifically meant to be used with KT...otherwise, drying time is increased and frizz comes into play. Have any of you had success skipping the KT and using another product in conjuction with the CC? Have any of you used CC with Deva OneC as a LI? OneC contains glycerin so I'm curious to know whether this combination could work.

Great video by the way!
When I used KCCC, I used it with almost everything and it was fine--no bad product reactions. I never really used the KCKT--it just wasn't moisturizing enough for me. I stopped using the KCCC a long time ago because there were other "jelly" products I like a lot better, including the Spiral Spritz (I use it as a serum or jelly product) and the Tiny Twirls Moisturizing Styler. I apply it in the same manner as this video and it's great. I used it with CJ CCCC yesterday and had fabulous curls with lots of volume.
__________________
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me
kathymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #78
 
BellaChix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8
Exclamation Video no longer available? :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored View Post
I put this together this morning. Sorry if you can't hear me -- I was pretty tired!

It also shows how I clip my hair, since I've gotten a few questions/PMs about that latley.

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88355586&hl=en
Hi there! I know this thread is super old, but I'm new to CG and have been dying to watch your video as it's been linked pretty much everywhere I look as the best video on how to apply/scrunch in KCCC. I'm having a lot of trouble applying it properly and could really use some help. Unfortunately, the video is set to private now? Did you take it down? Or is there any way I can still watch it? Maybe by email? I would really appreciate it!
__________________
Laura
2C, medium-ish texture and density, med-high porosity, pretty much clueless about everything else
CG since Sept. 2012

Water rinse/condition daily; co-wash every other day; low-poo once a week.
Current products
SM Moisture Retention Shampoo, Suave Naturals (Coconut or Ocean Breeze), Giovanni Smooth as Silk Conditioner/Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner, KCCC, L'Oreal Everstyle Curl Defining Gel/Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
BellaChix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #79
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 275
Default

it says the video is private? what can I do?
__________________
2a/b
medium/thick
high porosity (from coloring)

Shampoo: Mop Top Gentle Shampoo
Co-wash: Chistophe Robin Lemon Cleansing Cream
RO: CJ strengthening, Kenra moisturizing
LI: Jessicurl Aloeba
DT: CJ rehab, Christophe Robin Prickly Pear Mask
PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 minute
Stylers: Jessicurl RR, SS Firm Hold Gel
Oils: caudalie, sweet almond
seamelody14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:38 AM   #80
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaChix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryflavored View Post
I put this together this morning. Sorry if you can't hear me -- I was pretty tired!

It also shows how I clip my hair, since I've gotten a few questions/PMs about that latley.

Enjoy!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...88355586&hl=en
Hi there! I know this thread is super old, but I'm new to CG and have been dying to watch your video as it's been linked pretty much everywhere I look as the best video on how to apply/scrunch in KCCC. I'm having a lot of trouble applying it properly and could really use some help. Unfortunately, the video is set to private now? Did you take it down? Or is there any way I can still watch it? Maybe by email? I would really appreciate it!
bump! same question!
PomegranateCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com