2nd Day hair...am I the only one that cannot get it?

Like Tree1Likes

Second-day hair is my best hair and it's all thanks to pineappling. If not for my job, which kills my curls, I think I'd have some really good third and fourth days on a consistent basis with pineappling.
Opera_curls, I have also fallen in love with headbands, and I always thought they were something to avoid, what with my five-head. I actually love how they look, and I totally tuck in any flyaways and lackluster curls under them.
The ones I currently have are from anthropologie, because they pretty much own my shopping soul.
Hey, I have these two!:


I used to have awesome 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) day hair when I would shampoo with a sulfate shampoo and use 'cones. In fact my hair would look better the 2nd day for sure. It is too short for pineappleing, etc. and I don't have a satin pillowcase. It just didn't get to be a tangled, frizzy, matted mess when I used those products... it was soft and silky.

Since trying CG, no luck.

I had a problem getting second day hair, but I have FINALLY found a way to do it. Have you tried completely rewetting, adding product, wet again, and then shake to dry?
Originally Posted by Kranbery
I asked about this a while back and I was told if you are totally rewetting and doing your routine again, it isn't really 2nd day hair.

I never even bother trying to get second day hair but this weekend I used the FMS Dairy Whip stuff and a little Donna Marie Curly Butter and was surprised that my second day hair looked good. I'm not sure if it was a fluke or not but my hair definitely likes this natural product routine.

M
I sometimes get 2nd and 3rd day hair and then not again for weeks. It doesn't matter what products I use or what routine. The hair gods decide and no begging, pleading, or naked plopping dance can convince them otherwise.
Originally Posted by Speckla
I have very thick, coarse hair. (100 years ago, when I was in high school a boy told me that my hair felt like a brillo pad. Those were the days of only Prell and Breck shampoos, however. It's much softer now.) I'd say my hair is 3B/3C.

When I had long hair, I got 2nd, 3rd and 4th days by pineappling. But now with shorter hair, I get the rare goddess-allowed 2nd day. (Maybe they are gods, since that second day is now so rare. A goddess wouldn't do that, would she?) It never looks as good as the first. It's always a little frizzier. I do best sleeping with a scarf but I have to turn my head upside down when I put the scarf on so my hair is standing up. It's so thick, it comes out of the scarf unless I use a really large scarf which is a hassle. I thought about trying a satin cap but fear that if my hair isn't "up", I'll just awaken with squished curls.

As far as those of you that are perfectionists...how do you do it? Just one look at my hair and anyone could tell I'm not one of those. I didn't think it was possible to have curly hair and still be a
perfectionist.
I sometimes get 2nd and 3rd day hair and then not again for weeks. It doesn't matter what products I use or what routine. The hair gods decide and no begging, pleading, or naked plopping dance can convince them otherwise.
Originally Posted by Speckla
I have very thick, coarse hair. (100 years ago, when I was in high school a boy told me that my hair felt like a brillo pad. Those were the days of only Prell and Breck shampoos, however. It's much softer now.) I'd say my hair is 3B/3C.

When I had long hair, I got 2nd, 3rd and 4th days by pineappling. But now with shorter hair, I get the rare goddess-allowed 2nd day. (Maybe they are gods, since that second day is now so rare. A goddess wouldn't do that, would she?) It never looks as good as the first. It's always a little frizzier. I do best sleeping with a scarf but I have to turn my head upside down when I put the scarf on so my hair is standing up. It's so thick, it comes out of the scarf unless I use a really large scarf which is a hassle. I thought about trying a satin cap but fear that if my hair isn't "up", I'll just awaken with squished curls.

As far as those of you that are perfectionists...how do you do it? Just one look at my hair and anyone could tell I'm not one of those. I didn't think it was possible to have curly hair and still be a
perfectionist.
Originally Posted by curlyzan
The fact that I am a perfectionist explains why it has taken me 50 years to begin to except my curls!
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Picasa:
Link
Deva Low Poo
Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG


Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

I had a problem getting second day hair, but I have FINALLY found a way to do it. Have you tried completely rewetting, adding product, wet again, and then shake to dry?
Originally Posted by Kranbery
I asked about this a while back and I was told if you are totally rewetting and doing your routine again, it isn't really 2nd day hair.
Originally Posted by oreosmakemehappy

Oh... well that is the only thing that works for me, soooo that will be my version of second day hair
I sometimes get 2nd and 3rd day hair and then not again for weeks. It doesn't matter what products I use or what routine. The hair gods decide and no begging, pleading, or naked plopping dance can convince them otherwise.
Originally Posted by Speckla
I have very thick, coarse hair. (100 years ago, when I was in high school a boy told me that my hair felt like a brillo pad. Those were the days of only Prell and Breck shampoos, however. It's much softer now.) I'd say my hair is 3B/3C.

When I had long hair, I got 2nd, 3rd and 4th days by pineappling. But now with shorter hair, I get the rare goddess-allowed 2nd day. (Maybe they are gods, since that second day is now so rare. A goddess wouldn't do that, would she?) It never looks as good as the first. It's always a little frizzier. I do best sleeping with a scarf but I have to turn my head upside down when I put the scarf on so my hair is standing up. It's so thick, it comes out of the scarf unless I use a really large scarf which is a hassle. I thought about trying a satin cap but fear that if my hair isn't "up", I'll just awaken with squished curls.

As far as those of you that are perfectionists...how do you do it? Just one look at my hair and anyone could tell I'm not one of those. I didn't think it was possible to have curly hair and still be a
perfectionist.
Originally Posted by curlyzan
The fact that I am a perfectionist explains why it has taken me 50 years to begin to except my curls!
Originally Posted by mpgirl
And they are so beautiful. It was definitely worth the wait!
It's hard to believe that i tortured them for so long!
3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
Picasa:
Link
Deva Low Poo
Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
Homemade FSG
KCCC
Curl Junkie Stuff
BRHG


Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.
-wabi-sabi

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com