CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   R2D2/Hard Hat Dryer Help I'm Having A PJ Attack!!!!!!!! (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/70198-r2d2-hard-hat-dryer-help-im-having-pj-attack.html)

DEL2C 03-05-2009 08:35 AM

R2D2/Hard Hat Dryer Help I'm Having A PJ Attack!!!!!!!!
 
http://s7d3.scene7.com/is/image/Sall...4,0&iccEmbed=0 THIS THING IS HAUNTING ME!!:evil: http://www.sallybeauty.com/Hard-Hat-...efault,pd.html

I've always lived with a little Frizz, I just know my hair is prone to it so whatever. The other day when I got my hair done I didn't have any frizz. So I dutifully replicated my stylists products and method. MINUS the hooded dryer, of course results were not even close and I had my usual frizzy canopy!!!

I know I'm being an insane person, but we've dropped this kind of money on products in a heartbeat right??? What do I do?! HELP ME!

MimsTX 03-05-2009 08:41 AM

oh my god. If my boyfriend came over and I was sitting under one of those, I'd never hear the end of it. He's a good sport about the ridiculous bottles in the bathroom, and the hour it takes me to get ready to go out because of my hair... but that would be the end of it lol

Still, it's not expensive... $50 is like, two tubs of KCCC....

Go for it if you want it! (and let me know how it works out so I know if I need one... :P)

xcptnl 03-05-2009 08:41 AM

That is small $!!! DO IT!

Cracks me up that it is called a hard hat.

LisaF1163 03-05-2009 08:43 AM

Soooo... I guess this isn't the thread to ask if you want me to ship you all the products that aren't working for me, huh? :iconbiggrin:

( :evil3: C'mon... you know you want 'em...)

Seriously though, I will tell you this much - my sister had one like that way back in the day. Now, the neck of the thing is adjustable, but you have to have the exact, perfect height table/desk/counter to begin with, because it'll only go up and down so far. Plus, I seem to remember hers toppling over every time she shifted.

DEL2C 03-05-2009 08:46 AM

EVIL EVIL GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually thought I would have to do my hair when DH isn't home because he MOST certainly will call me an Insane person and have me committed!!!!

MUST HAVE THE HARD HAT!!!!! :blob:

you guys were supposed to talk me out of this!!!

masa_inn 03-05-2009 08:47 AM

How does one use it?? It seems too small to fit any head. Is it stretchable? :toothy8:

Go for it and report the results, please :blob8:

BTW - you can always return it if you don't like it, can't you?

LisaF1163 03-05-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 895792)
you guys were supposed to talk me out of this!!!

I did, dude! I edited my post! :laughing9:

masa_inn 03-05-2009 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 895792)
EVIL EVIL GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!



you guys were supposed to talk me out of this!!!

Really? Sorry, I misunderstood you... /innocent eyes/

DEL2C 03-05-2009 08:51 AM

I know curlymag got one and there have been others that have wanted to try it. Hasn't been a lot of buzz about these things I assume because it's do damn DORKY :laughing3: I hope I can return it, I will have to ask Sally's I don't see why I can't especially if I don't have the exact height and all that for it. OH GAWD more time to add to my routine??! I'll have to sit under it for a good 1/2 hour I would think????

DEL2C 03-05-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by masa_inn (Post 895799)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 895792)
EVIL EVIL GIRLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!



you guys were supposed to talk me out of this!!!

Really? Sorry, I misunderstood you... /innocent eyes/

Don't give me those BAMBI eyes Masa you guys are enjoying this....:laughing7:

xcptnl 03-05-2009 08:53 AM

I am pretty sure SBB has one.

I would not have the patience for it nor do I have any more closets to hid it in. I know at the salon they sit me under theirs for 1/2 hour - at home I only diffuse about 10 minutes. Also, I actually prefer the volume I get from diffusing. You have much more hair than I so the volume thing is not an issue most likely.

ETA - it would be awesome if it came in different colors like an Ipod. Or you could swap out the top with a different color like some laptops do.

DEL2C 03-05-2009 08:57 AM

Yeah I'm always trying to down play the volume. I actually DO have a closet that most likely wouldn't be checked....He'll find out eventually though :laughing7: my little one will spill the beans or he'll just HAPPEN to go into that closet!

WurlyLox 03-05-2009 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaF1163 (Post 895786)
Soooo... I guess this isn't the thread to ask if you want me to ship you all the products that aren't working for me, huh? :iconbiggrin:

( :evil3: C'mon... you know you want 'em...)

Seriously though, I will tell you this much - my sister had one like that way back in the day. Now, the neck of the thing is adjustable, but you have to have the exact, perfect height table/desk/counter to begin with, because it'll only go up and down so far. Plus, I seem to remember hers toppling over every time she shifted.

I've had one, not this particular one obviously, for 20 years or more, but I never use it because of everything LisaF1163 says - it can be very hard to find the right seat and surface for the dryer. It's just too much trouble, plus even once perfectly positioned, it gets the top good and dry but if your hair's more than collar length, it doesn't get the length at all - same as happens to me if they try to put me under one at the salon.

One salon I've gone to has a halo dryer that moves around your head without blowing your hair around. That or strategically placed infra-red lights works much better if hair has any length at all.

About the only thing they're really good for, IMHO, is clipping hair up so that it's inside the helmet and sitting under it for a bit for DT's or for hair color/henna/indigo absorption. I don't even get it out for that very often. It's easier just do put on a plastic cap and move the radiant heat hand dryer over it for a few minutes.

DEL2C 03-05-2009 09:04 AM

When I'm a the Salon I lift my hair to get the bottom to dry but at Home I could still use my diffuser to get those spots ;)

What I HOPE to achieve is to dry the canopy quickly before it starts to FRIZZ. Air drying alone doesn't give me definition and diffusing is making me frizz low or high heat/speed doesn't matter.

whatsercurl 03-05-2009 09:26 AM

Del - :nike:

If I could find ANY kind of hard bonnet hair dryers ANYWHERE in my area I would already own one. :laughing8:

DEL2C 03-05-2009 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatsercurl (Post 895868)
Del - :nike:

If I could find ANY kind of hard bonnet hair dryers ANYWHERE in my area I would already own one. :laughing8:

That's IT I'm gonna go for it!! Now the next question is will I be able to RESIST not doing my hair again just so I can try it?! :laughing8: WHAT WOULD YOU DO? rudee if you see this I already KNOW what you would say so :p

LisaF1163 03-05-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntnett (Post 895824)
I've had one, not this particular one obviously, for 20 years or more, but I never use it because of everything LisaF1163 says - it can be very hard to find the right seat and surface for the dryer. It's just too much trouble, plus even once perfectly positioned, it gets the top good and dry but if your hair's more than collar length, it doesn't get the length at all - same as happens to me if they try to put me under one at the salon.

That's another reason I don't like them, and my hair isn't even that long - it's around "bottom of the neck" length, and bonnet dryers don't get it all dry at the ends. And yeah, you can't move once you're position, they're a real pain.
Quote:

One salon I've gone to has a halo dryer that moves around your head without blowing your hair around. That or strategically placed infra-red lights works much better if hair has any length at all.
Those things are SO cool! I went to a salon once that had those. You're being circled all around with all this nice, even warmth. Too bad they don't have those for $50!

msgiblet 03-05-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xcptnl (Post 895811)
I would not have the patience - at home I only diffuse about 10 minutes. Also, I actually prefer the volume I get from diffusing.

I totally agree!! I wouldn't be able to stay under it long enough for it to do any good at all.

xcptnl 03-05-2009 11:15 AM

I found a real cool accessory for it DEL!!! It's a must if you decide to buy it!!













http://www.nmsu.edu/%7Esafety/images...-hat-area4.jpg

whatsercurl 03-05-2009 11:55 AM

:laughing3:


Del - you know I'm going to say re-do your hair. :laughing6:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com