First, I wanted to say that I am new (well, not really) to NC! I've been a lurker for a while and now I'm back!
Second, I (think) I'm doing the Curly Girl method, but wanted to be sure I'm doing the right thing and using the right products.
1. I clarified this morning with Suave Daily Clarifying.
2. I skipped the conditioner (I don't have a cone-free conditioner yet. Any suggestions would be great).
3. I applied FOTE 100% Aloe Vera (it's cone/paraben-free) as a moisturizer and as a hair gel. (I also have Kinky Curly Curling Custard
). My hair feel so soft and defined.
4. I used a medium/heavy oil or butter to smooth edges and seal in moisture on the ends.
My questions are:
1. What cone-free conditioners work well for co-washing? (Cheap ones, please! I'm on a college student budget).
2. Is it OK to use organic cleaners/soaps in the CG method in place of co-washing? I have Dr. Bronner's Magic Pump Soap.
3. Finally, how frequently are we to "wash"? I want to wash daily since I work out often.