Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > General Discussion about Curly Hair

Like Tree22Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #81
 
LadyChristina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 177
Default

Count me as a convert!

Tried it in the shower, didnt use a comb, just applied my products as normal. ut did the cup-in-hand method and plopped the Tiffany way, and air dried. Hours later, looking gooooodddddd!

Thanks!!
__________________
Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
Current products:
Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
Honey (when dry)
Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

LadyChristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:59 AM   #82
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChristina View Post
Count me as a convert!

Tried it in the shower, didnt use a comb, just applied my products as normal. ut did the cup-in-hand method and plopped the Tiffany way, and air dried. Hours later, looking gooooodddddd!

Thanks!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pictures please
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #83
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32
Default

Another satisfied curly! I tried it yesterday:
1. Co-wash w/ suave something
2. RO w/ LVPNG (first time with this, too, so that might affect the good results)
3. CJ CCCC combed in w/ Denman knock off (first time w/ a brush since I went CG)
4. pooled cool water in my hands and lovingly puddled my hair - in the shower
5. scrunched in LASG and then Aquis towel.
6. air dried to lovely soft clumps

Like I pointed out, I tried a number of "new" things yesterday, but the combo definitely worked well. Probably THE best hair day since I've gone CG.

I think the real test is, normally I wash at night and necessarily part of my drying is done while sleeping so I don't always get the best curl formation then. I'll try it out and report back. (sorry no pics this time)
__________________
CG since 3/31/09... going curly is honoring God's creation!
2c /3a/3b, med. porosity, LOTS of fine hair
low-poo: Giovanni TTT, Whispering Windz
conditioners: suave / Vo5 naturals, Giovanni 50/50, GVPCB
DT: Korres hair mask
stylers: LASG, KY, Pink Boots!
Wishlist for winter: CJ, KBB and a diffuser
lasarita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #84
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasarita View Post
Another satisfied curly! I tried it yesterday:
1. Co-wash w/ suave something
2. RO w/ LVPNG (first time with this, too, so that might affect the good results)
3. CJ CCCC combed in w/ Denman knock off (first time w/ a brush since I went CG)
4. pooled cool water in my hands and lovingly puddled my hair - in the shower
5. scrunched in LASG and then Aquis towel.
6. air dried to lovely soft clumps

Like I pointed out, I tried a number of "new" things yesterday, but the combo definitely worked well. Probably THE best hair day since I've gone CG.

I think the real test is, normally I wash at night and necessarily part of my drying is done while sleeping so I don't always get the best curl formation then. I'll try it out and report back. (sorry no pics this time)
Hooray for good hair days! WHich variable do you think contributed most?
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #85
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

I tried this upside down in the tub, and it still doesn't seem to be my thing.

But, I do remember that anything for clump promotion seems to have negligible or negative effects on me. I just don't have clumpy type hair. My curls are thin in general, and would be stringy to some, and that's just how they form. I just need to quit trying to be all clumpy and stuff, lol. The only way I would get clumps would be to cut back to grazing-shoulder level or shorter.

Lol, I should make a "stringy curls unite" club.

It is great to see this working for so many people though!
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #86
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
I tried this upside down in the tub, and it still doesn't seem to be my thing.

But, I do remember that anything for clump promotion seems to have negligible or negative effects on me. I just don't have clumpy type hair. My curls are thin in general, and would be stringy to some, and that's just how they form. I just need to quit trying to be all clumpy and stuff, lol. The only way I would get clumps would be to cut back to grazing-shoulder level or shorter.

Lol, I should make a "stringy curls unite" club.

It is great to see this working for so many people though!
Lol. Acceptance is key for all of us; and many a curly would swap hair with you!!!!

Plus, there is a "am I the only one who doesnt want clumps" somewhere on the boards as we speak!

BTW- I posted a pic of my hair done with the Super Soaker Method. Its not the greatest hair, as I was trying a new product combo
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #87
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

It looks quite good! I like the consistent, soft, loose spirals! it has that romantic look to it.
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:39 PM   #88
 
jeepcurlygurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 14,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
I tried this upside down in the tub, and it still doesn't seem to be my thing.

But, I do remember that anything for clump promotion seems to have negligible or negative effects on me. I just don't have clumpy type hair. My curls are thin in general, and would be stringy to some, and that's just how they form. I just need to quit trying to be all clumpy and stuff, lol. The only way I would get clumps would be to cut back to grazing-shoulder level or shorter.

Lol, I should make a "stringy curls unite" club.

It is great to see this working for so many people though!
Yes, as much as I want clumpy curls I'm afraid I'm a lifetime member of the Stringy Curls Club. : )
__________________
In Western PA
Found NC in 2004. CG since 2-05, going grey since 9-05. 3B with some 3A.
Hair texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal, elasticity-normal.
Suave & VO5 cond, LA Looks Sport Gel, Ojon Restorative Treatment, oils, honey, vinegar.
http://public.fotki.com/jeepcurlygurl/ password jeepy **updated Feb 2014**
https://www.facebook.com/lifetheuniverseandtodd
jeepcurlygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #89
 
redcelticcurls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 14,014
Send a message via Yahoo to redcelticcurls
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcurlygurl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post
I tried this upside down in the tub, and it still doesn't seem to be my thing.

But, I do remember that anything for clump promotion seems to have negligible or negative effects on me. I just don't have clumpy type hair. My curls are thin in general, and would be stringy to some, and that's just how they form. I just need to quit trying to be all clumpy and stuff, lol. The only way I would get clumps would be to cut back to grazing-shoulder level or shorter.

Lol, I should make a "stringy curls unite" club.

It is great to see this working for so many people though!
Yes, as much as I want clumpy curls I'm afraid I'm a lifetime member of the Stringy Curls Club. : )
And you have very pretty skinny curls!

On the upside, I at least have on skinny thing on me. Hahahahahah!
__________________
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
redcelticcurls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #90
 
meadowlark2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 135
Default

I tried again and had much better results. I was able to wear my hair down for a change. There was some definition & less puff and frizz. I also got a little lift at the crown. Its not spectacular hair; just an improvement.

This time I used lighter products and used the Denman. Also, I dried my roots with a tee shirt before soaking the ends.

I posted pictures for the curious.
__________________
cg Dec 08
fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a






meadowlark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #91
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowlark2 View Post
I tried again and had much better results. I was able to wear my hair down for a change. There was some definition & less puff and frizz. I also got a little lift at the crown. Its not spectacular hair; just an improvement.

This time I used lighter products and used the Denman. Also, I dried my roots with a tee shirt before soaking the ends.

I posted pictures for the curious.
Cant access the Super Soaker album
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #92
 
dominicana's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 239
Send a message via Yahoo to dominicana
Default frizz-free Clumps!!!

Rudee you've brought me out of lurkdom!!! I love you, love you, love you. This is the first time my husband has said my hair looks good since going CG in May!! All his other comments were on the line of where is your flat iron? Did you break it, do you need money for a new one? I also used half as much kccc as usual. I don't care if some is going down the sink if I'm using half as much. ooooh I also got second day hair which has never happened. Oh no I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I've only done the super soaker method once. I'll report tomorrow if it works again

Going back to Lurkdom

D
dominicana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #93
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominicana View Post
Rudee you've brought me out of lurkdom!!! I love you, love you, love you. This is the first time my husband has said my hair looks good since going CG in May!! All his other comments were on the line of where is your flat iron? Did you break it, do you need money for a new one? I also used half as much kccc as usual. I don't care if some is going down the sink if I'm using half as much. ooooh I also got second day hair which has never happened. Oh no I hope I didn't just jinx myself. I've only done the super soaker method once. I'll report tomorrow if it works again

Going back to Lurkdom

D
I am SO PSYCHED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for de-lurking to give me the feedback. Tell hubby to make the check out to RudeeChick or Cash

Pics please??
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:37 PM   #94
 
meadowlark2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 135
Default

Rudee, I don't know why you can't access the album. The password should be the same. I'm new at this and can't figure out how to make corrections.
__________________
cg Dec 08
fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a






meadowlark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #95
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowlark2 View Post
Rudee, I don't know why you can't access the album. The password should be the same. I'm new at this and can't figure out how to make corrections.
lol. I can access yer first album (beautiful, btw) but not the 2nd
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #96
 
meadowlark2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 135
Default

I created the same album again. Please let me know if it works. If not, I'll add to the first album.
__________________
cg Dec 08
fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a






meadowlark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #97
 
rudeechick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowlark2 View Post
I created the same album again. Please let me know if it works. If not, I'll add to the first album.
Yep worked that time. I must say, I loooooove the first pic in the first album (the KCCC??) Lov-er-ly
__________________
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
rudeechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #98
 
meadowlark2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 135
Default

Thanks Rudee!
__________________
cg Dec 08
fine to med texture w/ some coarse / high porosity 2c to 3a






meadowlark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #99
 
CurlyLolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelticcurls View Post

Lol, I should make a "stringy curls unite" club.

It is great to see this working for so many people though!
I'm in!!!
__________________
Curly? Why yes, yes I Am
CurlyLolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #100
 
xcptnl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,145
Default

I did a semi-version of this today but in the shower...but I forgot to bring in my denman..so had to use my wider toothed comb (I hate that with a passion-being in the shower-all wet and realizing you forgot something you wanted). Anywhooooo...I do see why it's a good idea to do outside the shower because I had no idea what my part was doing. But I liked being able to re-wet/add water in the shower. So I need to figure out what's more important - my part or convenience of not splashing all around the sink.

As I noted on the Struttswife plopping thread I also did a quick plop today which I have not done in AGES!! Overall so far so good. I have diffused a bit and it's now airdrying.

This is a keeper of a routine once I figure out where I want to do it and I have all my supplies/products ready.
__________________
Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
xcptnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com