#1: Tyra's Transitioning! Share Your Words of Wisdom
Tyra Banks is ditching her trademark weaves for the season 5 premiere of her CW talk show, airing Sept. 8. She will reveal her "natural hair." "For the season 5 premiere, I will be doing just that - no fake hair, I'm rocking my REAL hair. This will all be going down on September 8, 2009, which we're declaring National Real Hair Day!
NaturallyCurly wants to help her with this quest. And who better to help her than all of you. What are your words of advice? Five tips you would give Tyra as she begins her journey.
I like Tyra also. I think she is very shrewd and super smart woman.
As far as going natural...I think thats awesome.
1. I agree with Rudeechick join naturallycurly.com for the great info and advice
2. Full CG is definitely the way to go.
3. Find out what her hair texture and porosity level are.
5. Be patient
Best of luck to Tyra.
3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
CG since 7/27/09
Bella Curl Products
CW: protein free-cleansing creme
CO: protein free MRcondish
Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
1. Figure out a basic understanding of your own hair--especially your texture and your porosity. You will never figure out the best hair care routine for your gorgeous locks until you get this information under your belt.
2. "CG" is an abbreviation for "Curly Girl", the book written by Lorraine Massey in 2001, that advocates not using regular shampoos, and staying away from sulfate and silicone ingredients in hair care products. Read Laura Lee's guide to going CG: http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/20...ons-table.html
Wow, this is really cool. I agree 100% with the other tips, especially joining naturallycurly.com (I would have never stopped straightening otherwise). The other tips are all also as equally important.
One I would add just for Tyra is to represent her natural hair and wear it proud!! It is who she is, who God made her and more celebrities and models should be themselves in that way, it makes it more acceptable to society in general.
3b/c mix; mixture of fine, med. and coarse texture with med-high porosity
Current HG routine: Tresemme Naturals conditioner; AG Fast Food LI; AG Recoil; CJ CIAB = no crunch, lots of body and awesome definition Dutchess Daydreamer of the Desert Sands in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
Don't listen to anyone if they trash your 'natural' hair. Not the media, not some stupid blog, nothing.
If anyone had the nerve to trash Tyra's natural locks, they should go to therapy and stay there until someone figures out what's wrong with their minds . I can't wait to see her natural hair. I feel like it will be a big defining moment in the history of curls