Spritz and Condish Washing for Porous Types+Thirsty Curls Everywhere!

Like Tree38Likes

Ooooooooooh! That makes a ton of sense Del! (clap clap clap)

I shall try it tonight! Two questions though:

1. Where would a brown sugar scrub fit into this routine (I really need one tonight)

2. Do you think rinsing upside down would cause tangle issues for us tangle-prone curlies (me) =P
CG since December 22, 2008!
Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
Jess-The upside down thing is only in the Shower although I do scrunch in the condish upside down to make sure I get even distribution. I was combing it but like jenn said I was worried about breakage and I started to see some flyaways that weren't there before. So now I just use my fingers in the shower.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.

Last edited by DEL2C; 10-27-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Ooooooooooh! That makes a ton of sense Del! (clap clap clap)

I shall try it tonight! Two questions though:

1. Where would a brown sugar scrub fit into this routine (I really need one tonight)

2. Do you think rinsing upside down would cause tangle issues for us tangle-prone curlies (me) =P
Originally Posted by CurlayGirlay
I've done the brown sugar scrub in Step 1 and just let it sit there until I get in the shower

As far as tangles, I don't know. I think some that have done the Ice Queen method did mention more tangles. Only one way to find out curlaygirlay! Do let us know if you decide to do it upside down. It's not crucial but I just find that I get a better wave pattern by doing this.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
Del, do you use any/all of the conditioners in your siggie, or do you only use co's with Behentrimonium Methosulfate for this method?Could you recommend some co's?
Knightess Firmus Aurum, Maid of the Mitten, Slayer of Dissertation Dragons in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
2b/medium; CG 5/20/09
Wash, co-wash, co: Queen Helene Royal Curl Shampoo / Conditioner, Kiehl's Amino Acid Shampoo / Conditioner, Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix,
Tigi MM
Stylers: Sally's Neutral Protein Filler as spray, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme, LALSG
Techniques: Plop and Diffuse
Hair bio: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...4&postcount=97

Del, do you use any/all of the conditioners in your siggie, or do you only use co's with Behentrimonium Methosulfate for this method?Could you recommend some co's?
Originally Posted by solidgold
I try to stick with the ones with Behentrimonium Methosulfate (Beh Meth) but I can still get good results with LVPNG. Jenn uses GVP I actually haven't used mine in a while. Sometimes I'll use one of my others for the final rinse out if I need it. But that's mostly because I just have too many conditioners and I've got to use them up!
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
Ooooooooooh! That makes a ton of sense Del! (clap clap clap)

I shall try it tonight! Two questions though:

1. Where would a brown sugar scrub fit into this routine (I really need one tonight)

2. Do you think rinsing upside down would cause tangle issues for us tangle-prone curlies (me) =P
Originally Posted by CurlayGirlay
I've done the brown sugar scrub in Step 1 and just let it sit there until I get in the shower

As far as tangles, I don't know. I think some that have done the Ice Queen method did mention more tangles. Only one way to find out curlaygirlay! Do let us know if you decide to do it upside down. It's not crucial but I just find that I get a better wave pattern by doing this.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
CurlayGurlay I make sure to add a little extra leave-in at the nape and it really helps with tangles. I get underneath tangles and rinsing upside down has never made them worse.
High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Del, this is a fascinating technique! Not only am I porous, but I have way too much hair for one person. My air drying time is close to 6 hours. I have a three day business trip coming up and I'm too stressed about hair care to worry about actual work! I've got to come up with a strategy for dry, presentable hair that doesn't require getting up at 3 am! Most days, I walk around with wet hair.

In the end, do you get more volume than with co-wash and condish? (volume is not my friend)
Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.
Yeah Del for finally starting this thread!

I have been using the Spritz and Condish method since early September and it has been great! I get pretty consistent results. I get much better clumping & definition of my waves and have gotten pretty great 2nd hair days when pineappling, spritzing with lav/condish H2O and scrunch in some Mop Top gel. I have pictures of the Spritz & Condish results in my Fotki towards the end of my pics. I think it might by my 2nd hair day pics though. It's been awhile.

I spritz my dry hair with plain water very throughly so it is very damp/wet. I then apply probably 2 T or maybe more of condish. I leave on for at least 10-15 min but up to 1 hour. I have combed out my hair with a wide tooth comb. I rinse out in the shower, scrunch in additional condish upside down, rinse out, scrunch in LI, scrunch in my gels, scrunch moisture out with flour sack towel and then do my clips to dry.

It really doesn't take as long as it sounds. I have been doing this in the evening so that on the days I work I have time in the morning to get ready faster. I just sleep with my hair pineappled.
--------------------
2 B/C Coarse Normal to High Porosity


Low Poo/Condish: CJ Daily Fix, CJ CR, CJ CA Gentle Cleansing Shampoo, CJ CA Smoothing Lotion
Styling: HESMU, BRHG, CJ CCCC-lite, CJ CIAB, CJ AFL, Ecostyler Krystal
Thx Del and Jess!

I shall try it soon and post results ASAP
CG since December 22, 2008!
Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
Wow. You had me at "dries faster." I will try this and report, the merits of which are: I am very prone to dry hair, I am coarse, and I am porous.
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
UPDATE EVERYONE! Okay so I tried this method tonight...

and oooooooooooh my hair is so soft and moisturized! It has been so hard to find enough moisture for my thirsty curls but I think this did it! And surprise surprise there is less frizz (still some frizz) but definetly less frizz. Which really surprised me because it didn't seem like this method was going to do anything for frizz (and I used the same products as I have been btw) The only thing I can think of is maybe the fact my hair is so hydrated so less frizz???

The one downer is that I did get tons of tangles from going upside down. I spent alot of extra time combing through the knots in the shower.

So to conclude...it looks like a great method for porous curlies...but if you're tangle-prone don't rinse upside down.

P.S. I'll be trying this again tomorrow without rinsing upside and I'll be sure to post the results!
CG since December 22, 2008!
Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
Any non-porous curlies tried this yet? I am intrigued by the shorter drying time, altho I am intimidated by the aspect of going upside down (increased volume ).....
rmpbguam likes this.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
I'm interested in this method, since I've done something similar to it for a long time (before CG). I'm more porous midshaft to the ends, but overall I'd say my hair is low to normal porosity. Very slick from ends to root, and drying time isn't long at all for me. Covering grays almost takes an act of Congress (have to do max or longer coloring time).

Here's where I am so confused, if a slight guano is allowed: how can one tell if the "moisture" for one's hair should come from a water-based condish or an oil(s)? I think I finally have my protein issue worked out, but I'm curious about dealing with drier midshaft and ends. The whole humectant vs. emollient and all has me so confused. Help? Oh, and maybe it wasn't a total guano since understanding what my hair might need to combat dryness would help me and others better use this method. I'm thinking it would help my hair hold the protein better.

Thanks!
2aFii, low porosity, protein!
Color treated (blonde, but darned grays!)
COwash: Suave, V05, Salon Care Honey Almond
CO: GVPCB, LVNPG, GFTN, HSH Pumpkin, Aura Cherry Almond Bark
DTs: Lustrasilk SM, GVPCB
PTs: Aphogee 2-step, ION Effective Care inbetween
LIs/Stylers: Any of my COs, FSG, EcoStyler Krystal, LOOC, shea butter to SOTC

http://public.fotki.com/peaches1975/
I'm interested in this method, since I've done something similar to it for a long time (before CG). I'm more porous midshaft to the ends, but overall I'd say my hair is low to normal porosity. Very slick from ends to root, and drying time isn't long at all for me. Covering grays almost takes an act of Congress (have to do max or longer coloring time).

Here's where I am so confused, if a slight guano is allowed: how can one tell if the "moisture" for one's hair should come from a water-based condish or an oil(s)? I think I finally have my protein issue worked out, but I'm curious about dealing with drier midshaft and ends. The whole humectant vs. emollient and all has me so confused. Help? Oh, and maybe it wasn't a total guano since understanding what my hair might need to combat dryness would help me and others better use this method. I'm thinking it would help my hair hold the protein better.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by peaches1975
Thanks for the replies ladies! rudee like I said upside down isn't crucial. If you like the Ice Queen method do it with the Spritz & Condish. If not, then resume your upright position

Peaches-slight guano is allowed basically your moisture should come from emollient rich conditioners and your Sealing comes from Oils. I started at thread not too long ago about Sealing, check it out great info on there. Sealing for all hair types or mostly Porous heads?

Doing this has definitely helped retain my moisture levels, cut my drying time, keeps my hair more defined and gives me more control over my unruly hair.
rmpbguam likes this.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
I'm interested in this method, since I've done something similar to it for a long time (before CG). I'm more porous midshaft to the ends, but overall I'd say my hair is low to normal porosity. Very slick from ends to root, and drying time isn't long at all for me. Covering grays almost takes an act of Congress (have to do max or longer coloring time).

Here's where I am so confused, if a slight guano is allowed: how can one tell if the "moisture" for one's hair should come from a water-based condish or an oil(s)? I think I finally have my protein issue worked out, but I'm curious about dealing with drier midshaft and ends. The whole humectant vs. emollient and all has me so confused. Help? Oh, and maybe it wasn't a total guano since understanding what my hair might need to combat dryness would help me and others better use this method. I'm thinking it would help my hair hold the protein better.

Thanks!
Originally Posted by peaches1975
Thanks for the replies ladies! rudee like I said upside down isn't crucial. If you like the Ice Queen method do it with the Spritz & Condish. If not, then resume your upright position

Peaches-slight guano is allowed basically your moisture should come from emollient rich conditioners and your Sealing comes from Oils. I started at thread not too long ago about Sealing, check it out great info on there. Sealing for all hair types or mostly Porous heads?

Doing this has definitely helped retain my moisture levels, cut my drying time, keeps my hair more defined and gives me more control over my unruly hair.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Del Qs: SO the drying time is cut obstentively because the hair doesnt absorb as much water, is that correct? To what do you attribute the definition and control? Also, when you say definition, do you mean tighter curl or just enhanced definition retention?
rmpbguam likes this.
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Del Qs: SO the drying time is cut obstentively because the hair doesnt absorb as much water, is that correct? To what do you attribute the definition and control? Also, when you say definition, do you mean tighter curl or just enhanced definition retention?
__________________
That is the theory rudee. Because the hair isn't absorbing as much water it cuts the dry time. This is partly why Super Soaking didn't work for me I don't want to absorb more water. Although, I did try some "mini" soaking with the Spritz and Condish and got better results (can't remember the combo now ) because my hair wasn't as wet.

By definition I mean more enhanced and retention. I've gotten 2-3 days consistently (as long as my product combos are on target) since doing this.
rmpbguam likes this.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
Del Qs: SO the drying time is cut obstentively because the hair doesnt absorb as much water, is that correct? To what do you attribute the definition and control? Also, when you say definition, do you mean tighter curl or just enhanced definition retention?
__________________
That is the theory rudee. Because the hair isn't absorbing as much water it cuts the dry time. This is partly why Super Soaking didn't work for me I don't want to absorb more water. Although, I did try some "mini" soaking with the Spritz and Condish and got better results (can't remember the combo now ) because my hair wasn't as wet.

By definition I mean more enhanced and retention. I've gotten 2-3 days consistently (as long as my product combos are on target) since doing this.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Naturally, I will HAVE to try this. My gut tells me its the opposite of what my hair needs - I think I NEED all that water to weigh down my volume and tame my frizz (which would explain why the SSM works so well for me still). But its surely worth a try.

Video please
Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot
3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
My Photobucket Album
Del Qs: SO the drying time is cut obstentively because the hair doesnt absorb as much water, is that correct? To what do you attribute the definition and control? Also, when you say definition, do you mean tighter curl or just enhanced definition retention?
__________________
That is the theory rudee. Because the hair isn't absorbing as much water it cuts the dry time. This is partly why Super Soaking didn't work for me I don't want to absorb more water. Although, I did try some "mini" soaking with the Spritz and Condish and got better results (can't remember the combo now ) because my hair wasn't as wet.

By definition I mean more enhanced and retention. I've gotten 2-3 days consistently (as long as my product combos are on target) since doing this.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Naturally, I will HAVE to try this. My gut tells me its the opposite of what my hair needs - I think I NEED all that water to weigh down my volume and tame my frizz (which would explain why the SSM works so well for me still). But its surely worth a try.

Video please
Originally Posted by rudeechick
I don't know rudee, I struggle with Volume reduction as well and this has definitely helped to keep it under control & tame frizz. You can still use the SSM for styling purposes. Who knows..so far it's worked for the porous heads but I'm very curious if it will work for others too. goober did a modified version did you see her post earlier?

NO video LOL!!
rmpbguam likes this.
Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars


CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
Sorry in advance for the stupid question; I've read each post over and over, trying to figure out the steps. Does the condition from step 1 (before shower) absorb if I've got loads of stuff in my hair from previous co-wash (LOOC, FSG, gel and some oil from sealing)? I am hoping this technique will be my HG!!
Coarse, thiiiick, porous, drrrry, 2c, dislikes proteins, likes ACV!
Suave or V05 for co-wash, Garnier Nutrise triple nutrition and sleek & shine, Matrix Biolage conditioning balm, FSG and LA Looks sports gel.
Del Qs: SO the drying time is cut obstentively because the hair doesnt absorb as much water, is that correct? To what do you attribute the definition and control? Also, when you say definition, do you mean tighter curl or just enhanced definition retention?
__________________
That is the theory rudee. Because the hair isn't absorbing as much water it cuts the dry time. This is partly why Super Soaking didn't work for me I don't want to absorb more water. Although, I did try some "mini" soaking with the Spritz and Condish and got better results (can't remember the combo now ) because my hair wasn't as wet.

By definition I mean more enhanced and retention. I've gotten 2-3 days consistently (as long as my product combos are on target) since doing this.
Originally Posted by DEL2C
Cosigning this because I don't think I put it in my other post. I only wash 2-3 times a week now, but my hair is more consistent in curl and moisture. Win-win
CG since 6/15/08!
Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com