CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   General Discussion about Curly Hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/)
-   -   I want to see your 2nd day hair (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/90473-i-want-see-your-2nd-day-hair.html)

bergasaurus 11-11-2009 11:51 AM

I want to see your 2nd day hair
 
I've gotten ok 2nd day hair a couple of times, but it's definitely got some frizz to it. I've never had 2nd day hair without frizz. I want to see what others' 2nd day hair looks like so I have something to compare to because I have no idea if what I get is the best I can hope for. Plus I'm just curious.
I suspect I toss and turn too much to get really good 2nd day hair, even with a satin pillowcase & pineappling.
I don't have any photos of my own yet since I don't get decent 2nd day hair very often. I'll take it down in a bit and if it's halfway decent I'll edit & add a photo.

kayaelle 11-11-2009 09:20 PM

I feel the same way, I just can't get it to not have a little frizz. I am lazy and do second hair all the time and just pin it back. :thumbdown:

cakj99 11-11-2009 10:54 PM

i have second day hair all the time simply because i wash and dry at night (so i really have no other option, lol). i recommend doubling up on the gel. in my case, sleeping on it tends to scrunch most of the crunch out by morning. and definitely make sure it's as dry as possible before going to bed. in my experience, any wetness causes odd bends and cowlicks by the time morning rolls around.

sorry, i have no pics as of yet. i will try and get some in my fotki soon.

DEL2C 11-12-2009 09:03 AM

I don't think it's possible to have 2nd day and not have some frizz. I would much rather live with a little frizz on 2nd and 3rd day because it saves me a ton of time. I don't normally like to add much (if any) product on 2nd day or I get frizz that I'm not willing to live with.

I've gotten decent results with a light spritz, a glaze of DMMG with a nickel blob of BRHG and a plop holds up well for me. I have not been doing well with a pineapple for the longest time. It makes my hair hurt regardless of how loose it is and if it does stay on all night by some miracle, I get too much volume that I can't tame. So now, it's a satin pillowcase but I would really love to try the satinsak RCC uses :glasses10:


http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1258037622

bergasaurus 11-13-2009 10:25 AM

Thanks for the info :) I was probably expecting/hoping for too much for 2nd day...I got some flexi-8 clips and my hair looks really cute half up which I haven't worn in a long time. That worked well for me yesterday. I am not a morning person and it was so nice not to have to fuss with my hair at 6 am.
A satinsak sounds interesting. I toss and turn a lot and I'd be surprised if it stays on but it couldn't hurt to try one.

marinacurlz 11-15-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 1161784)


That's second day hair!? It's just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texaskurl 11-15-2009 10:17 PM

I want to see a pic with the flexi-8 clips....the 1/2 ones.

I've been getting fairly decent 2nd day hair lately, but that's because I've finally discovered a routine that works for me.

SouthernMoss 11-15-2009 10:37 PM

Here are some pics of Day 2 hair. (I guess by *LC*'s definition it's Day 3 hair, since I wash at night. ;) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...12day2back.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...12day2left.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2day2right.jpg



And here's a pic of Day 3 hair in an up-and-down:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3upanddown.jpg

Texaskurl 11-16-2009 06:34 AM

Southern Moss, your "technically" 3rd day hair looks great! It looks better than mine, for sure. I don't see any frizz at all!

I'm the same way...I wash at night, so my 1st day hair is really 2nd day hair, too.

wavy wonder 11-16-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 1161784)
I don't think it's possible to have 2nd day and not have some frizz. I would much rather live with a little frizz on 2nd and 3rd day because it saves me a ton of time. I don't normally like to add much (if any) product on 2nd day or I get frizz that I'm not willing to live with.

I've gotten decent results with a light spritz, a glaze of DMMG with a nickel blob of BRHG and a plop holds up well for me. I have not been doing well with a pineapple for the longest time. It makes my hair hurt regardless of how loose it is and if it does stay on all night by some miracle, I get too much volume that I can't tame. So now, it's a satin pillowcase but I would really love to try the satinsak RCC uses :glasses10:


http://i615.photobucket.com/albums/t...g?t=1258037622

DEL
your hair looks absolutely gorgeous. SO MUCH VOLUME:blob8: beautiful!

wavy wonder 11-16-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SouthernMoss (Post 1165643)
Here are some pics of Day 2 hair. (I guess by *LC*'s definition it's Day 3 hair, since I wash at night. ;) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...12day2back.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...12day2left.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...2day2right.jpg



And here's a pic of Day 3 hair in an up-and-down:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...3upanddown.jpg

yay for hair porn SO early in the morning:) your hair looks fabulous! and I can't believe this is 2nd day hair, or 3rd? WOW!!!!!!!

redcelticcurls 11-16-2009 01:04 PM

Third day hair. I love a satin sleep hat along with lots of KCCC on day one.

http://i33.tinypic.com/t8ss5d.jpg

Mebsy01 11-16-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 1166028)
Third day hair. I love a satin sleep hat along with lots of KCCC on day one.

http://i33.tinypic.com/t8ss5d.jpg


Amazing! Do you have to re-wet it at all?

redcelticcurls 11-16-2009 01:27 PM

Thanks!

No, I don't re-wet since that sort of defeats the purpose. ;)

I may get my hands damp and scrunch though to reactivate the KCCC a bit. I also use the KC Gloss Pomade.

Honestly, the two biggest helps are using enough KCCC on day 1 to get me through a couple of days and the satin sleep hat. Not sexy, but effective. My hair is a bit long at this point for the pillowcase alone, and I'm and active sleeper.

Mebsy01 11-16-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 1166049)
Thanks!

No, I don't re-wet since that sort of defeats the purpose. ;)

I may get my hands damp and scrunch though to reactivate the KCCC a bit. I also use the KC Gloss Pomade.

Honestly, the two biggest helps are using enough KCCC on day 1 to get me through a couple of days and the satin sleep hat. Not sexy, but effective. My hair is a bit long at this point for the pillowcase alone, and I'm and active sleeper.


May I ask what kind of sleep cap you use? I have been debating getting one. I have used them in the past and I've always had trouble with them making my hair an odd shape....if that makes sense. It just looks smooshed and weird in the morning. Do you have a technique of getting it all in there so it doesn't get smooshed?

redcelticcurls 11-16-2009 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mebsy01 (Post 1166058)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redcelticcurls (Post 1166049)
Thanks!

No, I don't re-wet since that sort of defeats the purpose. ;)

I may get my hands damp and scrunch though to reactivate the KCCC a bit. I also use the KC Gloss Pomade.

Honestly, the two biggest helps are using enough KCCC on day 1 to get me through a couple of days and the satin sleep hat. Not sexy, but effective. My hair is a bit long at this point for the pillowcase alone, and I'm and active sleeper.


May I ask what kind of sleep cap you use? I have been debating getting one. I have used them in the past and I've always had trouble with them making my hair an odd shape....if that makes sense. It just looks smooshed and weird in the morning. Do you have a technique of getting it all in there so it doesn't get smooshed?

I use one from Satinsakks, and it is more pricey than a regular one, but worth it to me. The satin part is on the inisde, which does help, and it is roomier. I have the long one, but the shorter one is still pretty roomy.

Here's what it looks like.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2n0ufxd.jpg

DEL2C 11-16-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marinacurlz (Post 1165579)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DEL2C (Post 1161784)


That's second day hair!? It's just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the complements girls :)

Texas there was a recent thread where girls posted their flexi-8 pics maybe it will help you.
http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlta...ad.php?t=88058

solidgold 11-16-2009 08:02 PM

Oh, I have just fallen in love with Del's hair! I mean, I liked and admired it before, but now it's love. Ack.

SouthernMoss 11-16-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texaskurl (Post 1165777)
Southern Moss, your "technically" 3rd day hair looks great! It looks better than mine, for sure. I don't see any frizz at all!

I'm the same way...I wash at night, so my 1st day hair is really 2nd day hair, too.

Thanks! If you look closely, you'll see the frizz between the waves, but it's not bad.


Quote:

Originally Posted by wavy wonder (Post 1165802)
yay for hair porn SO early in the morning:)

:D:D:D

Quote:

your hair looks fabulous! and I can't believe this is 2nd day hair, or 3rd? WOW!!!!!!!
Thanks! :)

angel29ish 11-16-2009 10:49 PM

Del, SM and RCC...WOW!! I have yet to accomplish 2nd day hair that looks great like all of yours. I'm ok with it though because I'm having so much fun playing with different products right now! I can accomplish half a$$ed 2nd day if I pineapple, but I wouldn't want to venture far from home - lol. Perhaps, once I get a better grip on my need to play...:tongue5:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com