I am trying as hard as I can to figure out my hair - texture, porosity, etc...I'd like to use a shampoo bar/ACV rinse 1-2x/month, but I'm afraid of doing that if my hair is too porous...
Things I DO know
1. I have LOTS of it
2. it's easily weighed down
3. it doesn't seem to like heavy conditioners at ALL - I used just Suave Clarifying as my co-wash AND rinse out today, with a bit of GDLI left in, and it seems just fine moisture-wise, if not pretty oily by the end of the day
4. I have oily skin, and have always had oily hair...I'm wondering if true CG is for me?
5. my hair hasn't always been curly...sure, it's had a bit
of natural wave as I got older, but since 2 kids, my 30's, and the BC it's a whole different ball game!
6. I haven't seemed to be able to eliminate frizz - I tried using all glycerin-free products, but I still seem to have a bit of surface frizz
7. no matter what I've tried so far, my hair seems a bit oily/weighed down by the end of the day...except for the day I clarified with a sulfate baby 'poo, but that day it seemed I could have used a tad more moisture (although I never got oily that day at all!)
Now on to porosity and texture
1. when I do the strand test, I can't tell if I have medium or coarse texture...I can definitely feel it, and it seems fairly substantial - but then again, I don't have anything to compare it to
it feels pretty smooth, but maybe a little textured? I really couldn't tell you...I know it's not fine, though, because you can definitely see it
2. I also can't tell what kind of porosity it is...when I do the strand test for that, my hands seem to be able to run down it fairly smoothly (not "catching"), but it also seems to "squeak" a bit, for lack of a better description...I don't think I'm low porosity, because it wets fairly easily in the shower, and seems to soak up products just fine...
Density? I'd say VERY thick...my ponytail about about 6 inches around...coloring, etc always takes longer because I have so.much.hair...but I love, love, LOVE having thick hair...and like some volume, but not poof!
Elasticity? When I pulled on a piece of hair and let go, it went right back to it's shape...I *think* it's easily straightened, but I haven't tried in so long I couldn't tell you...when it was long, I had the Mom Ponytail going every day...this has really forced me to actually DO something with my hair...
I have started coloring my hair over the last number of years, as I started going grey when I was about 20 or 21...I know I've damaged my hair, but I thought I got rid of most of that when I got the BC (about 12 inches)...
anywho...here is a pic from a few days ago, on a relatively good hair day...