I have soooo many questions right now, and have been searching for hours and hours and haven't been able to find the answers I'm looking for...I have very thick, oily 2c/3a (I think!) hair...I realize a lot of us with oily hair have to be mod-CG, but I'm trying to avoid shampoo if at all possible...and if I can use cheap ingredients laying around the house, even better!
1. Do you do either a baking soda scrub OR a brown sugar scrub, or do people interchange both as needed?
2. how often is it safe to do these? once a week? once a month??
3. how often is it safe to do an ACV rinse? I've read varying things on this...
4. what do people use for scrubs? add to co, or mix with a bit of oil (jojoba, for example) and massage in?
5. would it be better to wait until my hair as transitioned to the CG method, or can I use these techniques to actually help my scalp adjust?
I know it's probably a try-and-see-what-works-for-me type thing, but I was curious as to others' experiences, especially if you have an oily scalp! Or, if someone could just point me in the right direction, I'd be eternally grateful