In need of an effective DT asap!

I love coconut oil! You can get it anywhere really. I get mine at walmart (cheap!)
Whhhhaaaahhhh???? The heck you say. Must check my walmart.
Originally Posted by pedaheh
I do not lie! It is in the aisle with all the cooking oils (because it can be used as one).
http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com


www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
I love coconut oil! You can get it anywhere really. I get mine at walmart (cheap!)
Whhhhaaaahhhh???? The heck you say. Must check my walmart.
Originally Posted by pedaheh
I do not lie! It is in the aisle with all the cooking oils (because it can be used as one).
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
At my Wal Mart they don't carry it in the cooking isle. but you can find it over with the vitamins!
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG
I love coconut oil! You can get it anywhere really. I get mine at walmart (cheap!). You can get it at any helath food store too like Whole Foods. It comes in a jar. It's found near the olive oil. It's solid at room temp but readily melts. I melt it by running the closed jar under warm water for a minute, then I add a tablespoon of it to a tablespoon of olive oil. I'll then add a moisturizing conditioner to the mix (like Curl Rehab). Then I'll slather it on wet hair and leave it on overnight and rinse it out in the morning.
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
I did this the other night, minus the added condish, and it worked SO well! I low-poo'd it out in the morning and what a difference! My hair apparently loves oils
- 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
- MOP C Hydrating 'poo
- LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
- treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
- plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
Wow, anyone tried MOP Extreme Protein?

I avoid parabens as much as possible but I might bend given all the other stuff that's in this. Looks CG to me to. Feel free to point out anything that's not.

mop Extreme Protein Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Glyceryl Stearate (*Palm, Soybean or Rapeseed), Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Stearalkonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-11, Silt (Mineral), Phenoxyethanol, Phospholipids, PEG-10 Soy Sterol (*Soy), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (1), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (2), Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract (3), Phaseolus Angularis Seed Powder (1), Keratin Amino Acids, Sodium Chloride, Wheat Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Whole Wheat Protein, Wheatgermamidopropyl Dimethylamine Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Fragrance (Parfum), Citric Acid (*Sweet Potato), Chromium Oxide Greens, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, *Source (1) Certified Organic in accordance with The California Food Act of 1990 (2) Certified Organic in accordance with Texas Organic Standards and Certification (3) Certified Organic By Quality Assurance International.
Originally Posted by lindykat
Wow thanks lindykat, that looks like it would work for a couple of protein junkies like ourselves!! and if it comes down to it im not against the meat idea at all. lol! jk but I have subjected my hair to some pretty funky concoctions that I've cooked up in my kitchen. Note to self: keep dairy products far, far away from hair!

Thanks Laura Lee and everyone else for the coconut oil suggestions! Thats one of the next things on my list to purchase this weekend. I'm going to get a few different daily conditioners. I'll see about the Mop extreme too.

I did a search on the curly boards and came upon a thread posted by Kathymack. She uses Nexxus emergencee on her hair. Its a very strong protein treatment, has anyone used it? Is it the same as the aphogee or whats the difference?
3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
cowash:V05 moisture milks
Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
Leave in- GF TN
Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted
Whhhhaaaahhhh???? The heck you say. Must check my walmart.
Originally Posted by pedaheh
I do not lie! It is in the aisle with all the cooking oils (because it can be used as one).
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
At my Wal Mart they don't carry it in the cooking isle. but you can find it over with the vitamins!
Originally Posted by tinah
Interesting. I've only gotten it from my walmart at home, so I'll have to see how my walmart at school compares when I finish off this jar. I'll keep in mind to check by vitamins if I can't find it in cooking oils though!

I love coconut oil! You can get it anywhere really. I get mine at walmart (cheap!). You can get it at any helath food store too like Whole Foods. It comes in a jar. It's found near the olive oil. It's solid at room temp but readily melts. I melt it by running the closed jar under warm water for a minute, then I add a tablespoon of it to a tablespoon of olive oil. I'll then add a moisturizing conditioner to the mix (like Curl Rehab). Then I'll slather it on wet hair and leave it on overnight and rinse it out in the morning.
Originally Posted by Laura Lee
I did this the other night, minus the added condish, and it worked SO well! I low-poo'd it out in the morning and what a difference! My hair apparently loves oils
Originally Posted by Lucky Charm
Yay!! Very happy to hear it worked for you. I like having the added conditioner in there because it makes it easier to handle I think, just because it has some density, but if it's the oils your hair wants, go for it!


Thanks Laura Lee and everyone else for the coconut oil suggestions! Thats one of the next things on my list to purchase this weekend. I'm going to get a few different daily conditioners. I'll see about the Mop extreme too.

I did a search on the curly boards and came upon a thread posted by Kathymack. She uses Nexxus emergencee on her hair. Its a very strong protein treatment, has anyone used it? Is it the same as the aphogee or whats the difference?
Originally Posted by mabbott09
No problem. Always willing to talk about coconut oil (aka my winter savior this year)!

I've only used aphogee, so I can't compare. I will say that I like aphogee and think it's really effective. However, recently on the boards, a member named runnerchicki has been making her own line of products. She has a protein treatment which someone (I wanna say Kathymack but I may be wrong) said it was the best PT she'd used. Her shop is here, but because she makes literally every product completely by hand, she's frequently out of stock (because everyone wants her stuff!). So you've gotta kinda watch it and check the updates for availability, but if you're looking for a PT, that one is becoming highly recommended. I've still got lots of aphogee left though, so I'll hold out on trying it til I run out (trying to be a good PJ!)
http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com


www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!

Last edited by Laura Lee; 02-03-2010 at 01:10 PM.
How about runnerchicki's Spiral Solutions Repairing Protein Treatment or DT?? Alex has them written up on her blog.

Other thoughts are CJ Curl Fix and CJ Rehab?
3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
modified CG, since April '07
CG since 3/11/08

SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic (now Hello Curly Curl Stimulater); Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Marie Dean Leave Ins and Curl Creams
I just wanted to thank everyone again for their suggestions and do a quick update on my original post. After another round of highlights my hair was a bit fried, considering I'm a 7RG with level 11 highlights which are practically white in my hair!

It was definitely too much for my hair and since I had to do something quickly before my hair fell out, I decided to try the Aphogee Intensive protein treatment. WOW! All I can say is for the price of the product, I'm very impressed. I got the 4 oz bottle and used about half of it for my mid back length hair. It really helped strengthen my hair and the ends are much better. I'm going to be catching up on moisture for a little while but thats okay. Its worth the results! Not only did my hair have a lot of it's curl back, but it also looked loads better. I would highly recommend this as a reconstruction treatment. I left it in my hair 35 minutes while I dryed it with a handryer.Maybe next time I will let it in just a bit longer but anyways I still got impressive results.

Oh and I noticed after excessive protein my hair is a bit dry just on the ends, so I use a few drops of olive oil with argan oil and it works wonders!
3a/M/F/ii very porous highlighted. Loves lots and lots of Protein

Poo: DC NoPoo, DC lowpoo, KC come clean
cowash:V05 moisture milks
Condish: GVPCB, GF Triple Nutrition, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner,Elucence MB condish, TIGI O&H, MM
Leave in- GF TN
Stylers: fsg, re:coil, LALSG, G2B spike it, HE mousse
My hair is loving Coconut oil and FSG!!!
DT: CJCR, SSDD

On the hunt (again) for the perfect gel
Looking to get Volume AND Shrinkage

HairTwin wanted

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com