my personal review of Redken ringlet 07 curl lotion

So, last week I received a bottle of the redken 07 curl lotion in the mail, much to my delight and surprise, and it wasn't until later that I remembered I had done the online survey thingy. But anyways. Took my shower, co-washed and conditioned my hair, leaving some of the new tresemme naturals conditioner in my hair, and applied some of the redken to my hair (still wet) even though the bottle said to apply it to towel dried hair. Put my hair up in some microfiber hair towels i found at a .99 store and left my hair up for about 15 minutes. Took my hair out, didn't like what i saw, so i twisted my hair into the skip curl method and diffused my hair.

I've decided that the curl lotion and blow drying don't go well together because although I did get some curl, it was only at my ends, while the rest of my hair looked like a loose wavy curl pattern. I prefer ringlets.

But the lotion did leave my hair feeling very soft and I had some really nice looking bed head this morning. It looked like i had styled it in the five seconds it took to leave my bed and enter the bathroom.

Tomorrow I'm going to NOT diffuse my hair, apply the lotion AFTER i take my hair out of the towel, and NOT twist my hair because that just seems to take the curl out, not put curl in.

I know it has dimethicone in it, but my hair doesn't seem to mind. For now. I've read some things about the cone building up fast and leaving the hair looking blah, but we'll just have to wait and see.

My only thing is that I'm trying to grow my hair out to about my tailbone. Right now, the longest section is bra strap lenght, while the shortest section is almost to my collar bone. The redken lotion is fore medium length hair....some of my hair is medium length. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

So, now that we've gotten past all that, my fellow curltalkers, tell me what you think. Have you tried to improved redken 07 formula yet? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Any tips on how to style my hair with it? I'm trying to go CG, and so far i'm doing pretty good, but i think i'll put it on the backburner so i can try this new (and FREE!!!) product until i use up the bottle. And don't limit yourself to my questions above. Share your thoughts and ideas freely. i can't wait to read what you write
Yeah, I'm interested in hearing from curlies who have tried both the old and new formulas of Redken Ringlet. Is the new one any better? The old formula just never worked out for me b/c of the dimethicone and wheat. When it did work I had awesome curls and awesome hold, but then it went downhill by the third day.
3a/3b, Fine, low porosity.
ok, did my hair. put the lotion in my hair after i took it out of the towel. wet, it doesn't look that great. but as it began to dry, and curl up, i started to like it. now i've got really pretty curly hair. a little frizzy, but that's because my roommate got her hands in it while it was drying and messed it up some. but for the most part i like it
Please keep us posted on how you like it. I haven't tried Redken products because they are so expensive!

I looked up the ingredients on this product:

Ingredients:
Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-11, PPG-5-CETETH-10 Phosphate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Parfum/Fragnance, Laureth-23 Methylparaben, Sodium Benzonate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Ethylparaben, Disodium Edta, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydrolyzed Wheat Starch, Oleth-10, Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate, Citronellol, Citral, Geraniol, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl, Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Phosphoric Acid, Polyquaternium-10 (D6800/1)

You should post this in the Product Reviews forum as well.
Dry climate
2C/3A, fine texture, high porosity, medium-low density

For me, desert climate+porous hair+CG=inconsistent results!

Last edited by tendrilly; 02-23-2010 at 02:06 PM. Reason: add part about Product Reviews forum
...
Guest
Posts: n/a

Last edited by ...; 07-17-2010 at 03:02 PM.
I'm aware that it contains a silicone but my hair doesn't seem to mind it. In fact the curls look really nice and defined and shiny. It's not a perfect product because of the silicone ingredient but it's doing well enough so far.
My hair feels very soft and silky. I like it.
...
Guest
Posts: n/a

Last edited by ...; 07-17-2010 at 03:01 PM.
and i appreciate your opinion, since i did ask for curly readers to post them. thank you. it was never my intention for you to believe i didn't appreciate it when i was sharing my own.