Baggying, am I the only one?

Like Tree9Likes

Does it make a difference how you put your hair up, under the bag? I do a bun, but should i leave it down or does it really matter?

And if i start doing one treatment with coconut oil (vatika oil) a week, will it be protein overload? Because the products i use on my hair after i wash, 2/3 times a week, all have protein. Eco styler Krystal as my gel and vo5 or sm enhancing smoothie as a leave in.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Last edited by DepressedCurls; 09-30-2012 at 07:45 AM.
Does it make a difference how you put your hair up, under the bag? I do a bun, but should i leave it down or does it really matter?

And if i start doing one treatment with coconut oil (vatika oil) a week, will it be protein overload? Because the products i use on my hair after i wash, 2/3 times a week, all have protein. Eco styler Krystal as my gel and vo5 or sm enhancing smoothie as a leave in.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
When I started using vatika oil, I baggied daily with it. No problems. My hair loves that stuff. I also used the SM curl milk...not really the smoothie. But my hair loves protein of any type.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Does it make a difference how you put your hair up, under the bag? I do a bun, but should i leave it down or does it really matter?

And if i start doing one treatment with coconut oil (vatika oil) a week, will it be protein overload? Because the products i use on my hair after i wash, 2/3 times a week, all have protein. Eco styler Krystal as my gel and vo5 or sm enhancing smoothie as a leave in.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
When I started using vatika oil, I baggied daily with it. No problems. My hair loves that stuff. I also used the SM curl milk...not really the smoothie. But my hair loves protein of any type.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Well I've used these protein products unknowingly the past year and never had problems. So my hair must like protein. Idk, i think I'll use vatika oil once a week then twice and gradually see what my hair can handle. Did you wash everyday when using vatika oil to baggy daily? Since it is an oil..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Does it make a difference how you put your hair up, under the bag? I do a bun, but should i leave it down or does it really matter?

And if i start doing one treatment with coconut oil (vatika oil) a week, will it be protein overload? Because the products i use on my hair after i wash, 2/3 times a week, all have protein. Eco styler Krystal as my gel and vo5 or sm enhancing smoothie as a leave in.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
When I started using vatika oil, I baggied daily with it. No problems. My hair loves that stuff. I also used the SM curl milk...not really the smoothie. But my hair loves protein of any type.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Well I've used these protein products unknowingly the past year and never had problems. So my hair must like protein. Idk, i think I'll use vatika oil once a week then twice and gradually see what my hair can handle. Did you wash everyday when using vatika oil to baggy daily? Since it is an oil..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
Yes I've always cowashed or washed daily. The longest I've ever gone without washing is 3 days and that's only if I've conditioner only styled, and it's exceptionally rare for me to go that long.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

When I started using vatika oil, I baggied daily with it. No problems. My hair loves that stuff. I also used the SM curl milk...not really the smoothie. But my hair loves protein of any type.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Well I've used these protein products unknowingly the past year and never had problems. So my hair must like protein. Idk, i think I'll use vatika oil once a week then twice and gradually see what my hair can handle. Did you wash everyday when using vatika oil to baggy daily? Since it is an oil..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
Yes I've always cowashed or washed daily. The longest I've ever gone without washing is 3 days and that's only if I've conditioner only styled, and it's exceptionally rare for me to go that long.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Ah okay. I have bad build up problems and dandruff in the winter so cowashing is tough for me. I was thinking of adding a little tea tree oil to my co wash conditioner and using it daily like that? Or maybe a clarifying conditioner such as the kiwi and lime one from v05 i believe. So i can possibly baggy my hair everynight. Did you notice significant growth when you baggyed with vatika oil every day?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Well I've used these protein products unknowingly the past year and never had problems. So my hair must like protein. Idk, i think I'll use vatika oil once a week then twice and gradually see what my hair can handle. Did you wash everyday when using vatika oil to baggy daily? Since it is an oil..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
Yes I've always cowashed or washed daily. The longest I've ever gone without washing is 3 days and that's only if I've conditioner only styled, and it's exceptionally rare for me to go that long.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Ah okay. I have bad build up problems and dandruff in the winter so cowashing is tough for me. I was thinking of adding a little tea tree oil to my co wash conditioner and using it daily like that? Or maybe a clarifying conditioner such as the kiwi and lime one from v05 i believe. So i can possibly baggy my hair everynight. Did you notice significant growth when you baggyed with vatika oil every day?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
I don't get dandruff but I do get buildup on my scalp with cowashing (using TN) so I often switch it up and use the clarifying condish from V05-kiwi lime. I like it a lot for cowashing. I didn't really notice a lot of growth with vatika but my hair was super soft, well-conditioned and healthy. EVOO has the same effect on my hair- really soft hair.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Yes I've always cowashed or washed daily. The longest I've ever gone without washing is 3 days and that's only if I've conditioner only styled, and it's exceptionally rare for me to go that long.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Ah okay. I have bad build up problems and dandruff in the winter so cowashing is tough for me. I was thinking of adding a little tea tree oil to my co wash conditioner and using it daily like that? Or maybe a clarifying conditioner such as the kiwi and lime one from v05 i believe. So i can possibly baggy my hair everynight. Did you notice significant growth when you baggyed with vatika oil every day?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
I don't get dandruff but I do get buildup on my scalp with cowashing (using TN) so I often switch it up and use the clarifying condish from V05-kiwi lime. I like it a lot for cowashing. I didn't really notice a lot of growth with vatika but my hair was super soft, well-conditioned and healthy. EVOO has the same effect on my hair- really soft hair.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Hmm. Well health is just as important. Evoo makes my hair dry and gritty feeling. Kind of rough, idk why. ;/ but yeah winter gives me dandruff, but i think if i start oiling my hair and scalp at night, it'll help with that. I wish my hair would hold style better. I'd just do protective styles. But my hair resists every style i try and place it in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App

Ah okay. I have bad build up problems and dandruff in the winter so cowashing is tough for me. I was thinking of adding a little tea tree oil to my co wash conditioner and using it daily like that? Or maybe a clarifying conditioner such as the kiwi and lime one from v05 i believe. So i can possibly baggy my hair everynight. Did you notice significant growth when you baggyed with vatika oil every day?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
I don't get dandruff but I do get buildup on my scalp with cowashing (using TN) so I often switch it up and use the clarifying condish from V05-kiwi lime. I like it a lot for cowashing. I didn't really notice a lot of growth with vatika but my hair was super soft, well-conditioned and healthy. EVOO has the same effect on my hair- really soft hair.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Kilajo
Hmm. Well health is just as important. Evoo makes my hair dry and gritty feeling. Kind of rough, idk why. ;/ but yeah winter gives me dandruff, but i think if i start oiling my hair and scalp at night, it'll help with that. I wish my hair would hold style better. I'd just do protective styles. But my hair resists every style i try and place it in.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
My daughter's hair hates evoo so I thought mine would too. But one day I thought what the heck and tried it. I had a lovely result. It's just so heavy and I have to use a shampoo to get it out (like castor oil) so I don't use it often.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
I used to bag a lot and you're right about that sweating part.

I'm going to use it as a detangling technique. By the time I take the bag off my hair will be so saturated and should be much easier to detangle.
That's what i do. Works very well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Just started back baggying my hair. I remember when I first started transitioning, I baggied every day or every other day. I'm going to alternate with baggying and the GHE. Hoping to reach APL curly by October 2013 (or sooner, I hope, since I'm brushing SL curly at the moment).
puppitypup likes this.
Just started back baggying my hair. I remember when I first started transitioning, I baggied every day or every other day. I'm going to alternate with baggying and the GHE. Hoping to reach APL curly by October 2013 (or sooner, I hope, since I'm brushing SL curly at the moment).
Originally Posted by GoddessLala
Can you explain GHE? What's the difference between the two?


Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
And with baggying, the next morning you do wash your hair right? you don't leave it in?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Does it make a difference how you put your hair up, under the bag? I do a bun, but should i leave it down or does it really matter?

And if i start doing one treatment with coconut oil (vatika oil) a week, will it be protein overload? Because the products i use on my hair after i wash, 2/3 times a week, all have protein. Eco styler Krystal as my gel and vo5 or sm enhancing smoothie as a leave in.



Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by DepressedCurls
If its been color then it can take more protein but id say try adding atleast one that's moisturizing....and how is the vatika oil because I've heard good things about it but someone on youtube said it had DHTB or somthing like that and its harmful if used in large doses.
Oh yeah, i plan on also doing a deep conditioning treatment with honey and oil and gvp conditioning balm..and idk what that is but i love vatika oil. It takes me using my shea moisture shampoo to rinse out, but it makes my hair feel amazing. I used to use it several times a week and some people use it to seal even.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Sounds good the honey makes my hair feel smooth/silky
Mine too.
Right now I'm baggying with honey, jojoba oil, and the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie in efforts to try and figure out a better use for this smoothie. Just didn't work as a leave in. And i did my scalp with grapeseed and peppermint oil.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
Am i baggying wrong? I just read on a hair blog that baggying is just applying a moisturizer to your hair lightly or ends and placing a bag over it. Sometimes without moisturizing. But I've been basically mixing up a deep conditioner and then applying it to my hair then baggying over night. Is this gonna be bad? I only planned to do it 3 times a week, but i don't want to make my hair mushy like they warned about? Idk. I just don't wanna do more harm than good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CurlTalk App
@DepressedCurls IDK but you have to do what's best for you.

I have a lot of hair so most of the suggested amounts don't apply to me. I like to get mines really saturated.

You still have to consider alternating protein treatments versus moisturizing treatments etc.

Plus I fully rinse mines out and reapply more conditioner in the morning.

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com