In MY experience, the best thing for growth is to leave it alone, hahaha! Don't watch it or try to make it grow! Just don't damage it, and it will grow. PLUS if it's kinky, growth might be hard to see in the beginning cuz it doesn't grow down.
In FACT I think you might be breaking it off with that pick, lol.
1. Make sure you are detangling it soaking wet and full of conditioner with something like a wide toothed comb or and tangle teezer/paddle brush. Picking your hair out pops the ends off. After you detangle it once or twice a wk, leave it alone!
Try twisting it with your fingers instead of matting it together with that brush.
2. A deep conditioner isn't really needed unless you're doing something to damage your hair. Just moisturize it regularly and use regular conditioner in the shower and you'll be good. Just leave it in long enough to work (a few min).
3. Use a sulfate free shampoo or no shampoo, just co-wash. That's what I do. Only shampoo 1x a wk. The rest of the time just condition it.
4. Shea Butter and Coconut Oil are both good for sealing.
5. I personally hate S Curl and it doesn't work for my hair. Try using something different like Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk. Or a little of your regular conditioner. Or even old school hair lotion. Right now I use African Pride Olive Oil Miracle Anti-Breakage Lotion and it's great! Don't put it on your scalp! You don't need anything on your scalp.
Best of Luck, Guy!