Tips on Growing hair Long Please???

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetmx85

I have hair type between 3A/3B
and I am trying to grow it long and it doesn't seem to grow 2" past my shoulders and I want it to be at my lower back. I have tried for years to grow it long and it never seems to grow longer than the above length.

I have tried professional extensions and they were not thick enough even at 220+ strands of hair added.

So I am desperate I really want long hair bad and always have... Any one have tips as to what I can do to promote length. My hair is really healthy and my scalp is pampered.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Check out my excellent jeans 4Sale on Ebay
http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...id=denimsource
alot of people (myself included) like biotin supplements.
some also use msm supplements

you could also try bunning it for like a month to reduce any friction or breakage (there are posts about bunning challenges that should show how to do it and how well it worked for other users)

you may also be at your terminal length (its different for everyone and it is the length when hair stops growing!)
HENNA HEAD
3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
CG since 3/08
HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
honey after leave-in
satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG )
ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss

http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
by: Riot Crrl!
I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
The tighter your hair curls, the slower it seems to grow because it's curling around itself instead of growing straight.
2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
COs: Yes to Cucumbers
Stylers: Krystal Ecostyler, KCCC,


Unique and Useful gifts & accessories
www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com and www.EweniqueEssentials.etsy.com
Well I know there is massaging your scalp every night increases blood circulation and that can help with hair growth. Also there is some oils that are said to promote healthy hair growth.
<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>


Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
3c/3b
Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
alot of people (myself included) like biotin supplements.
some also use msm supplements

you could also try bunning it for like a month to reduce any friction or breakage (there are posts about bunning challenges that should show how to do it and how well it worked for other users)

you may also be at your terminal length (its different for everyone and it is the length when hair stops growing!)
Originally Posted by misfitcurls
Oh no! You're scaring me! lol I thought terminal length was just a myth. Does it really exists?
<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>


Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
3c/3b
Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's

Last edited by multiracialcurls89; 10-26-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: spelled a word wrong
alot of people (myself included) like biotin supplements.
some also use msm supplements

you could also try bunning it for like a month to reduce any friction or breakage (there are posts about bunning challenges that should show how to do it and how well it worked for other users)

you may also be at your terminal length (its different for everyone and it is the length when hair stops growing!)
Originally Posted by misfitcurls
Oh no! You're scary me! lol I thought terminal length was just a myth. Does it really exists?
Originally Posted by multiracialcurls89
I've heard it does,but I don't really know?MSM and Biotin are excellent supplements!
3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
I sure hope not! If it does I wonder if I'm at my terminal length.
<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" target=_blank>


Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
3c/3b
Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
when i was getting my hair cut every 3-4 months, it would never get past shoulder length because the stylist was always cutting off the "dead ends" and the hair did not grow. now that i am doing CG for 4 yrs and getting a haircut about 1x year it has grown a LOT.
Susan suburban NY
3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
CG since 11/11/04
http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
PW: banjo
HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
i totally feel for you multiracialcurls89.

my hair is like, going through the same way...
but nonetheless, it's growing-- and somewhat fast...
The tighter your hair curls, the slower it seems to grow because it's curling around itself instead of growing straight.
Originally Posted by ewenique
NOOOOO, not what I want to hear!!! It is so sad because its true. *shakes fist* Curse that stupid shrinkage! And lets just pretend I didn't see the mention of "terminal length".


"[My hair and I] are in an unhealthy relationship and I am the abuser."
--MissKinkyCoily

http://public.fotki.com/drawmuhfree/

Last edited by drawmuhfree; 11-14-2008 at 12:25 AM.
terminal length sounds horrible, like some sort of fatal disease... As if some dr is gonna bust in while your tracking your length and say..."im sorry kid...but youve got terminal length...try to stay strong and pray..pray...theres not much we can do now but keep it well conditioned and hope for the best..." haha.
Ocien likes this.
my blog
http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

terminal length sounds horrible, like some sort of fatal disease... As if some dr is gonna bust in while your tracking your length and say..."im sorry kid...but youve got terminal length...try to stay strong and pray..pray...theres not much we can do now but keep it well conditioned and hope for the best..." haha.
Originally Posted by sweetmx85
LMAO! I about died reading that.

I think staying healthy in general helps me to grow my hair. It grows a LOT in the summer (I think it's because I'm less stressed then - I'm a teacher ), and when I'm well hydrated and eating right... just seems to go better.



Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
Humectants: @ dew point 40+
My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
The tighter your hair curls, the slower it seems to grow because it's curling around itself instead of growing straight.
Originally Posted by ewenique
NOOOOO, not what I want to hear!!! It is so sad because its true. *shakes fist* Curse that stupid shrinkage! And lets just pretend I didn't see the mention of "terminal length".
Originally Posted by drawmuhfree

That's not true lol. My little cousin's hair is really coily and her hair was waist length when she was little but then she got a relaxer and now it's shoulder length *cries* lol but I'm going to help her grow it back again. I know her secret hahaha.
You shoold use biotin, coconut oil, vitamin C.
And by the way, don't forget scalp massage...
Also I suggest you to read about "terminal length":
http://howtomakeyourhairgrowfaster.o...r-grow-faster/

Last edited by Gorgeous; 08-31-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Found interesting fact about "terminal length"
I think a lot of great suggestions have been given. Id say once u got a solid routine going just FORGET about it! The "watched water never boils" applies to hair too. Progress looks like progress when ur not checking everytime u do ur hair. If u measure do it less often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using CurlTalk App
3c front crown,4a in middle back
LOIS: OS, thin, dense, cottony

My Blog
Hair Regimen












I think a lot of great suggestions have been given. Id say once u got a solid routine going just FORGET about it! The "watched water never boils" applies to hair too. Progress looks like progress when ur not checking everytime u do ur hair. If u measure do it less often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by Fantastic1221
thats really true. ive noticed with my hair that it goes through stages, where itll shoot out n ill really notice how much length im getting or ive got. Right now my hair seems to be sleeping, i havent changed my routine, or been doing anything different its just like having a break. it wont last long, in a few weeks or so ill probally notice it again.
has any one had any luck with rosemary oil? i love this stuff, i message my scalp with it every day apart from that it feels amazing, and smells great its also a great growth booster.

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494
does rosemary oil really work that well? and if so, do you have to wash your hair more? I dye my hair ( naturally a brunette but it's a really brilliant red colour now ) and over-washing makes it oxidize quickly and turn a hideous orange. i'd love to try the rosemary oil but am wary of overwashing.

i'm currently taking GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair as well as extra Biotin. My hair is just a bit longer than my shoulders when curly and i'm trying to get it to be loooong - like, to my waist long!
does rosemary oil really work that well? and if so, do you have to wash your hair more? I dye my hair ( naturally a brunette but it's a really brilliant red colour now ) and over-washing makes it oxidize quickly and turn a hideous orange. i'd love to try the rosemary oil but am wary of overwashing.

i'm currently taking GNC Ultra Nourish-Hair as well as extra Biotin. My hair is just a bit longer than my shoulders when curly and i'm trying to get it to be loooong - like, to my waist long!
Originally Posted by ellaquent
well i think it helps me, (n my bf, he LOVES scalp messages with the oil ) n he always complains that his hair grows that long n he has to go to hair dresser more often. but always begs me for the oil. so that it helps yea i would say so.
with rosemary oil, its really stronge so you cant put it directly on your scalp. you need to find a good base oil that you can use. if your worried that oils will weigh your hair down, try a light oils: argan, grape seed oil, jojoba oil, aprecot oil, ive used all these oils.
ive made up a super growth oil mixture, that smells amazing and really works!
i use argan and evening primrose oil as a base, i then add rosemary and peppermint oil and a few drops of Vit E oil. i use this every night.
it doesnt weigh my hair down, it doesnt make me greasy and i dont need to wash it out.
HTH's

my hair: 3c, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.

I also blog about my hair journey, please feel free to read and comment/ask questions http://www.naturallycurly.com/blogs/...air-blogs/2494

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com