Looks like Next Disney Princess will be a Curly :)

Like Tree13Likes

I saw the movie in theaters last night, it was a very cute (and somewhat emotional) movie. Her hair looked AMAZING in it!

I'm almost inspired to grow my hair really long like hers!

CG since 3/11/2012

Type 2C (Botticelli according to Curly Girl: The Handbook)
iii Density
Medium-Coarse Texture
Normal Porosity
Normal Elasticity
HATES: Traditional sulfates/cones.
LOVES: Lots of moisture and homemade FSG!
(Many thanks to
http://www.livecurlylivefree.com/ for helping me figure out my texture, porosity, and elasticity properties! Check them out sometime!)
Lol I was so excited when i heard about this! I was talking to my friend who saw it and she said "it was a good movie but I wish she had straight hair instead, I mean her hair was so poofy and ugly"
I could not believe she said that and I was offended on behalf of all curlies out there lol
whirlyhair likes this.
It sounds like a brilliant movie. How great to have a curly heroine for a change!
whirlyhair likes this.
UK Curly
Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
Porosity : High
Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
CG since Feb 2011
I saw it yesterday with my DH. Great movie; we both thought it was a good story, and her hair was amazing. So much a part of her character that I can't imagine her with straight hair!
2C/2B; Med-fine texture, Normal porosity/elasticity, med-thin density; Color treated
Cleanse: Jessicurl GLS, L'Oreal EverCreme cleansing conditioner
Co-Wash: SNES, VO5 Kiwi Lime
RO/LI: Jessicurl Aloeba and TooShea!, KCKT, GVPCB
Stylers: KCCC (HG!), SM C&S Milk, BRHG, Jessicurl Gelebration Spray, Confident Coils
CG since 4/23/12
Located in Houston, Texas

"Hair really is the crowning glory of a woman. It lights up her person, it frames her face, it makes a halo around her." - Ann Harding
I cannot wait to see this! It's out on 17th August in the UK...so long to wait, hnnngh! So, I went to the Disney Store yesterday and bought a bunch of merchandise to quell my excitement, hehe XD
Fine 3c type, loves protein. BS length when straight, aiming for BS length when curly!
Lol I was so excited when i heard about this! I was talking to my friend who saw it and she said "it was a good movie but I wish she had straight hair instead, I mean her hair was so poofy and ugly"
I could not believe she said that and I was offended on behalf of all curlies out there lol
Originally Posted by Sami
What did you say to her? 😥
Lol I was so excited when i heard about this! I was talking to my friend who saw it and she said "it was a good movie but I wish she had straight hair instead, I mean her hair was so poofy and ugly"
I could not believe she said that and I was offended on behalf of all curlies out there lol
Originally Posted by Sami
What did you say to her? 😥
Originally Posted by Beautyintheyes
I just told her that I thought Merida's hair was reaaaally pretty and lots of curlies would love for their hair to look like hers.
Lol I was so excited when i heard about this! I was talking to my friend who saw it and she said "it was a good movie but I wish she had straight hair instead, I mean her hair was so poofy and ugly"
I could not believe she said that and I was offended on behalf of all curlies out there lol
Originally Posted by Sami
What did you say to her? 😥
Originally Posted by Beautyintheyes
I just told her that I thought Merida's hair was reaaaally pretty and lots of curlies would love for their hair to look like hers.
Originally Posted by Sami
I actually have a friend who is dating a girl with IDENTICAL hair to Merida's and she told him that she was excited to see a curly ginger with spunk and character and it is great for the little curly gingers across America to see their features in such a positive light.

I haven't seen it yet, but I want to!
2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
-That 70s Show
it sounds like a brilliant movie. How great to have a curly heroine for a change!
Originally Posted by proudcurlygirly
👍👍👍👍👍
"Life is too short to keep your hair short"

Click here to visit - GRO YO FRO!
I love her hair, and I'm glad they aren't portraying it as a frizzy mess like I've seen in some ads for smoothing products. When I watch the ads for the movie, though, I can't help but marvel at how the princess's hair fits so neatly under that hood thing she had to wear (http://www.visitscotland.com/cms-ima...a-fergus-lords). I'm not going to lie--she has a lot of hair!
I'm still waiting for an African-American AND curly Disney Princess!
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!
I so hope there will be one soon! My little sister (3y) once told me that i can't be a princess because i'm brown ..it felt like being punched in the face and didn't knew where she had that from. When i started paying attention to disney movies,princess dolls and tv series i realised that princesses always are white with straight hair - so it was society who "told" my sister that we can't be princess because of our skin ...it made me very sad to see how my sister felt about herself

But then i found Tianna, and her mind started to change a bit but i still think that we really need some more "brown" princess and natural hair would really be GREAT!

(sorry about spelling mistakes, haven't wrote in english for ages!)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
I'm still waiting for an African-American AND curly Disney Princess!
Originally Posted by ElizabethFaith
Have you seen the Princess and the Frog? That's an African American princess.

And they sell the Brave chick in the princess section of toys and she is definitely a curly.

The Disney image of a princess never made me feel like I couldn't be a princess because of my curly hair. I do love the variety of the princesses tho. I especially love Mulan because she's a fighter and that was NEVER the typical Disney princess when I was a kid....but that's me taking her personality into account not her looks.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Curly Girl From Texas
3a-3b
Low Porosity
Medium Density
I'm still waiting for an African-American AND curly Disney Princess!
Originally Posted by ElizabethFaith
Have you seen the Princess and the Frog? That's an African American princess.

And they sell the Brave chick in the princess section of toys and she is definitely a curly.

The Disney image of a princess never made me feel like I couldn't be a princess because of my curly hair. I do love the variety of the princesses tho. I especially love Mulan because she's a fighter and that was NEVER the typical Disney princess when I was a kid....but that's me taking her personality into account not her looks.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyJ9
yeah but, a natural hair african decent princess. I think that's what she meant. I doubt it will ever happen, but I would love to see that. and what if she was princess in a african country? after all belle refrenced several times that she is in france, why can't a princess be in ghana? to make it work the movie can be based on a african folktale like noma and the fish or mufaro's beautiful daughters. both stories are similar to cinderella but diffrent enough to work. I vote mufaro.

I can actually picture her, beautiful with dark brown skin, and a head full of long dark type 4 curls similar to naptual's, drapped in a beautiful curve hugging pink/trimmed in gold silk dress, with gold sandals and a gold headband.
As you can see i've given this alot of thought over the years, lol.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
Last Relaxer: February 14, 2011
BC: March 17, 2012
Porosity: Low to Normal
Curl Type: 4a/3c
Texture: Coarse
Density: Thick
Length:shoulder

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Yes, I've seen The Princess and the Frog. It was a great movie, btw! And Naturaldoll, exactly, I meant natural curly hair. Princess Tiana's hair was always up in a bun, and I didn't see a distinct curl pattern. I just don't see it happening in the near future. Also, I love your description of the African princess!
Curly and PROUD!!!

My hair has a mix of low/med/high porosity, and it's medium textured (some are still fine, though!)

CG since Sept. 2011
Cowash: Vo5/Suave Naturals/Tresemme Naturals*
RO/LI: GVPCB*, Tresemme Naturals*
Low-poo: Shea Moisture Moisture Retention
Stylers: KCKT*, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Honey*

* represents my HGs!!! Finally!!!

Last edited by ElizabethFaith; 12-01-2012 at 11:42 PM.
I absolutely LOVED that movie and her wonderful hair!


JulesOnline
3a Botticelli type
Medium porosity
Co wash: TNNM
Conditioner/LI: Biolage CB
CK w/ FSG or HESMU
Attachment 29657
JulesOnline

3A/B? A corkicelli mix of ringlets, spirals, helixes & s-shaped curls
Medium-fine texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity


Summer: pink; Winter: Blue; Year Round: green
Lo-Poo:Giovanni SAS sulfate free poo, L'Oreal Evercream CC
Co-wash: TNRV, VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea, TNNM
RO/LI:
YTC, Nexxus Hydra-light w/ CNPF GVPCB, Biolage CB, TNNM, Giovanni SAS
Styler: KCCC FSG, BRHG, LALSG



I'm still waiting for an African-American AND curly Disney Princess!
Originally Posted by ElizabethFaith
Have you seen the Princess and the Frog? That's an African American princess.

And they sell the Brave chick in the princess section of toys and she is definitely a curly.

The Disney image of a princess never made me feel like I couldn't be a princess because of my curly hair. I do love the variety of the princesses tho. I especially love Mulan because she's a fighter and that was NEVER the typical Disney princess when I was a kid....but that's me taking her personality into account not her looks.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
Originally Posted by CurlyJ9
My favorite Disney girl has always been Meg from Hercules. She isn' t a princess, but I think she is pretty cool and I love how quick- witted she is.

Disney never made me feel like I couldn' t be a princess either. I never noticed as a little girl that they all looked a certain way. I just liked them because they were pretty and could sing. It wasn' t until I was an older kid that I wanted to see more curly girls on magazines and in TV shows. I loved Alia Shawkat because she has curly hair and freckles like me and I got upset when she started blowing it out.
Brave won Oscars for best animated movie!!Yay! Go Curly!!
3a with some 2a-2c, Medium/Low Porosity
Co-wash:deva no-poo/Vo5 kiwi
Detangle:Suave
Leave-in:Shea Moisture/GVP conditioning Balm/AOHSR

Since long hair- I finger twist in big chunks, which helps till 5th day hair
Gel:LA sports
Plop: Old T-shirt for 15 minutes ,diffuse
If I had hair like the girl in Brave, I'd be hap-hap-happy all the time.

They even made it straighter when wet. Good work, Pixar.

Dogs and nature abhor a vacuum.
http://geaugadoggy.wordpress.com

Trending Topics


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com