CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Hall of Shame discussion (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/hall-shame-discussion/)
-   -   Dumbest comment regarding your hair? (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/hall-shame-discussion/137555-dumbest-comment-regarding-your-hair.html)

wholelottalove 12-18-2011 09:55 PM

Dumbest comment regarding your hair?
 
Mine- (regarding my 2c/3ab hair)
"wait, is your hair real?"
Yes, yes it is.
"are you sure?"
I'm pretty sure...
"well white girls can't have hair like that."
Well.....mind explaining what this here on my head is then?

Also

Guy: I think super curly hair is sexy, like on a victorias secret model
Me: I've never seen a VS model with super curly hair...
Guy: like this *points to a model with big curling iron waves*
Me: Thats not super curly, I have curly hair
Guy: No, your hair is big and kinky. She has p*** star curls, you have carrot top curls.



Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. I can spell, my iPhone cannot.

itsiliii 12-21-2011 01:48 AM

Porn start curls!?!? Wow the guy you were talking is a huge ***ing idiot T.T

The stupidest comments I've heard usually go along the line of people not accepting anything above 2,3 curls

Them: "oh gosh look how curly their hair is... It's so... Ugly"
Me: T.T

itsiliii 12-21-2011 01:50 AM

Oh woops I just realized you wrote regarding your hair, someone one compared my hair to this terrible mop of hair this wanna be rocker guy had at school.... Needless to say I was not pleased

wholelottalove 12-21-2011 09:48 AM

It doesn't really matter, curly hair in general is fine. Yeah, the guy was a tool. And I agree, curls up to a 3a are the only ones that get compliments. I didn't have super curly hair until puberty, and it didn't really grow in enough to be that noticable until I was 16. So I had 2b hair that gradually got up to 3a and I got so many compliments! And then it got to 3b/c and I rarely hear compliments unless they're from fellow curlies.


Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. I can spell, my iPhone cannot.

Ronnieaj 12-22-2011 01:56 PM

Guy: Your hair looks like p*bic hair
Me: Then you must have the best looking p*bic hair around. Pity the rest of your is such an utter jacka$$.
Guy::silent:

Sayoon 12-24-2011 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnieaj (Post 1841565)
Guy: Your hair looks like p*bic hair
Me: Then you must have the best looking p*bic hair around. Pity the rest of your is such an utter jacka$$.
Guy::silent:

Omg my friend said the same thing to me ahhhh I should hv answered the same way u did -_-

GroYoFro 12-26-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wholelottalove (Post 1838808)
Mine- (regarding my 3b/c hair)
"wait, is your hair real?"
Yes, yes it is.
"are you sure?"
I'm pretty sure...
"well white girls can't have hair like that."
Well.....mind explaining what this here on my head is then?

Also

Guy: I think super curly hair is sexy, like on a victorias secret model
Me: I've never seen a VS model with super curly hair...
Guy: like this *points to a model with big curling iron waves*
Me: Thats not super curly, I have curly hair
Guy: No, your hair is big and kinky. She has p*** star curls, you have carrot top curls.



Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. I can spell, my iPhone cannot.

LOL!! your first situation is hilarious, same thing happens to me too.. people always think I am African American especially since I have a deep voice LOL!!

3c4d7zwhatevs 01-03-2012 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GroYoFro (Post 1843952)
Quote:

Originally Posted by wholelottalove (Post 1838808)
Mine- (regarding my 3b/c hair)
"wait, is your hair real?"
Yes, yes it is.
"are you sure?"
I'm pretty sure...
"well white girls can't have hair like that."
Well.....mind explaining what this here on my head is then?

Also

Guy: I think super curly hair is sexy, like on a victorias secret model
Me: I've never seen a VS model with super curly hair...
Guy: like this *points to a model with big curling iron waves*
Me: Thats not super curly, I have curly hair
Guy: No, your hair is big and kinky. She has p*** star curls, you have carrot top curls.



Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk. I can spell, my iPhone cannot.

LOL!! your first situation is hilarious, same thing happens to me too.. people always think I am African American especially since I have a deep voice LOL!!

What does the pitch of one's voice have to do with ethnicity?

curlisue1 01-04-2012 08:16 PM

I once was ordering a drink and some hill-jack in bib overalls looks at me and says "why would you do that to your hair? And does anyone actually like that?" I wasn't sure what to say because I didn't think people that wore overalls for social gatherings could form sentences. 😄

wholelottalove 01-10-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curlisue1 (Post 1850569)
I once was ordering a drink and some hill-jack in bib overalls looks at me and says "why would you do that to your hair? And does anyone actually like that?" I wasn't sure what to say because I didn't think people that wore overalls for social gatherings could form sentences. 😄

LMAO your response to that comment just made my day :D


Sent from my "smart" phone.

CurlyAussie 01-11-2012 02:10 AM

"Why would you waste time curling your hair?"
"Its natural"
"What!? But you're white!"
"Your point...?"

whirlyhair 01-11-2012 08:33 PM

1.) "Is your hair real?!?!"
2.) "Ooooh, nice! Did you just get a perm?"
3.) "Is that a wig on? It's real?! But how can that be?!?"


:sad1:

CurlyAussie 01-11-2012 10:01 PM

lol! I would be screaming in my mind thinking "It wouldn't be so surprising to see hair like this is so many people left their hair natural!"

GroYoFro 01-15-2012 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurlyAussie (Post 1857136)
lol! I would be screaming in my mind thinking "It wouldn't be so surprising to see hair like this is so many people left their hair natural!"

Exactly, the natural hair movement is alive and well. We choose to be chemical free like organic tea, this the only way to go i guarantee!!

Sayoon 01-15-2012 11:26 AM

Omggg today I got 3 complements from different ppl including my instructor :p gotta love this

PrincessHair09 04-29-2012 03:03 PM

Kill em' with kindness
 
Had a woman behind me in the check out line at Target tap me on the shoulder, when I turned around she was holding up a hair straightener,
"Do you know if this is a good brand ?"

I was momentarily floored that she assumed I knew what was a good hair straightener just because I had curly hair.

As politely as I could, I simply replied, " I don't straighten my hair".

She went quite red and started stuttering an apology and back tracking.

I think she got some curly education that day ;)

raindear 04-30-2012 04:00 PM

During an assembly in grade school, I felt something touch my hair. When I turned to look, the boy who had felt my hair was very embarrassed. He thought he had touched it gently enough that I wouldn't feel it. Then he said, "I just wanted to see what it felt like." "Well, what did it feel like?" "Hair." "And what did you expect?" "Well it looks so wiry." In his defense, at this time my hair was always a huge frizz ball, and we were probably 10 years old.

coconilla 05-08-2012 12:21 PM

"How comes you leave your hair curly?"

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using CurlTalk App

Marci 05-08-2012 02:59 PM

Hahaha this is a funny thread. The dumbest comment recently came from my (dumb) boyfriend who said my mom must be lying when she says my curls are pretty. I have a whole rant about it somewhere else in the forums.

dresdendoll 05-08-2012 04:08 PM

A friend of mine was actually complaining about her slightly wavy hair, saying she missed it when it was bone straight. She then pointed to me and said, "At least it's not a bad as hers." HAHAHAHA. I guess curly hair = bad then?

A few times, people have asked me how early I wake up to curl my hair each morning. They also ask what "am I," I guess regarding race. I do have that Jewish curl.

Also, there are always the people who suggest straightening and those who think my hair is probably super greasy and disgusting when they find out that I don't use shampoo.

However, people are typically super sweet! My family loves my curls, and even when I think I am having a bad hair day, my curly friends will say stuff like, "I am jealous of your hair; it curls perfectly!" and my straight-haired friend will say, "I wish my hair were like that! You have beautiful hair." :D It feels great! Once, someone at the Starbucks counter called me back to compliment my hair. This never really happened before CG.

So yeah, there are some annoying people, but the rest are just wonderful!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com