09-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Join Date: Jun 2010
DIYers how do you apply your BKT?
Coppolla and I think QOD max directions say to apply to dry hair, but Global Keratin is applied to towel dried hair ( see below). I've had BKTs applied both ways, and I have to say the one I had applied to towl dried hair has lasted the longest ( In fact, except for my 3 inches of new growth), it's still going strong ( 3 monthes later). I'm thinking when I do my QOD max root treatment in October, that I will do it on towl dried hair. Can't wait to see if changes the results. What do you all think?
Global Keratin Directions
For Professional Use Only.
- We recommend gently shampooing the hair twice with Global Keratin Clarifying Shampoo to remove excess styling products and build-up, and to help open the cuticle.
- Towel dry hair to remove excess moisture. Detangle the hair with a wide tooth comb or vent brush. Section hair into 3 parts.
- Place a cape and towel around the neck of the client. Wearing gloves, shake the product well before opening and pour 1 oz. of the keratin treatment in an application bowl adjusting amount of product used according to the length and thickness of the hair.
- Start at the nape using 1/4 inch to 1/2 sections, lightly apply the product with applicator brush 1/4 inch away from the scalp, then mid-shaft and then ends.
- Thoroughly massage the product into the hair with your fingertips. Comb through with fine tooth comb for even distribution and to remove excess product.
- Do not over saturate the hair with keratin treatment.
- If hair becomes too dry, moisten with water using a spray bottle
- Avoid contact with scalp, skin and eyes.
- Make sure the entire hair shaft is completely covered with the keratin treatment.
- Use round brush to blow dry your hair straight. For best results, use a round ion ceramic brush and a blow dryer on medium heat setting. This will help start the sealing process of the cuticle.
- Start blow drying the client's hair at the nape area working your way up until all the hair is 100% dry.
- Always point the blow dryer away from your client's face. Make sure the hair is completely dry before proceeding to the ironing. After this step, the hair will already look beautiful.
- Remove gloves and the towel around neck. For the ironing process you will need a titanium flat iron that reaches 450 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Starting at the nape, create 1/4 inch sections of hair.
- Tap the roots and slowly slide the flat iron from root to ends. Be careful not to burn the scalp and ears.
- For hard to reach areas, use a mini iron that reaches 450 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Continue this process until all of the hair has been ironed. With repeated iron passes over each section, the hair will be sealed with a silky, shiny, straight look.
- Use your professional judgment to determine how many passes are needed with the flat iron.