I am three weeks (and three shampoos and three co-washes) into this treatment and I am crazy about it. I can tell it's wearing off so I just bought some more and plan to do this regularly every 30 days, that's how much I love it!!
Most "miracle products" have done NOTHING for me and my impossible hair so I went into it with zero expectations...fully expecting the same dismal results.
Since I had no hopes it would work I didn't bother taking before and after pictures, but I will the next time I use it (in a few days) so you can see the results, which for me were really dramatic.
For reference: my hair is wavy, thick, below shoulder length and extremely coarse, rough, dry, and frizzy. (One package was more than enough btw.) I used the 30-day treatment, and the matching the shampoo and conditioner. I did not buy the matching serum because it's the same as the silicone serums I already use, or the flat-iron spray because it contains SD alcohol.
As to its claims: It did not remove "95 percent of my curl," more like 60 or 70 percent but that's fine with me. It DID remove "95 percent of frizz" -- YEP, absolutely. Frizz and coarseness are my biggest hair problems, and this fixed them both. Left my hair incredibly smooth, soft, and absolutely frizz-free. As in ZERO FRIZZ. As it NORMAL HAIR...finally!!
Major pluses: Hairstyling takes minutes, and my hair looks good for days. No more worries about waking up looking like a Brillo pad, no worries about the weather, no struggling with methods or routines or styling tricks. It looks good whether I air-dry or blow-dry.
I finally know what it's like to have "normal hair" that I can fix and forget with NO styling products -- I threw most of mine out in fact-- all I use is the silicone serum that I always used anyway, but no gels or mousses or hairsprays -- they are not needed!!
Also, unlike a relaxer or straightener, there is no damage -- in fact my hair looks and feels healthier than it has in years.
Some caveats/things to keep in mind:
1. The process of applying is not difficult, but it takes a long time (about 3 or 4 hours) and your hair will be subjected to lots of heat. Also, the waiting-out period before you can wash the treatment out is a drag. Your hair will be straight but it will look dull and "coated" and will have a weird waxy feel.
2. The waxy feel will stay in your hair throughout the time the treatment stays in and you will especially feel it when you shampoo. Your hair won't have that "bouncy clean" feeling you normally get after shampooing and will feel weird when it's wet, so be ready for this...Once it dries, however, it will look BYOOTIFULL: bouncy, smooth, and shiny.
3. I don't like non-sulfate shampoos and conditioners as they tend to leave my hair feeling rough and dry, but the Organix products are better than others I've tried and they smell wonderful!! I did supplement the conditioner with some of my favorites, though, as the Organix alone was not moisturizing enough for my dry tresses.
4. Some users have complained about the smell that the treatment has during the two-day waiting period but it didn't bother me. Sort of "cooked oatmeal" smell but not horrible.
5. Yes, it lightens hair color. This didn't bother me as my haircolor was getting too dark anyway and it kind of gave me really cool highlights...but you should definitely color before you do this because coloring also seems to slightly reverse the treatment's effects -- I definitely noticed a difference after touching up my color three weeks in -- but I cant' go 30 days without coloring -- if you can you should not have this problem.
All in all, I give this product an A and fully intend to use it again! And again!
Hope I haven't put anyone to sleep with this long review but wanted to give y'all the full scoopage...Try it, I think you will like it!
Modified CG. You'll pry my 'cones from my cold dead fingers! Mixed waves, coarse, below shoulder length, dark brown. I hate my hair
but I'm trying to learn to accept it.
: LA Looks Wet Look Styling Gel, Garnier Fructis Wet Shine Gel. Condish
: Alberto V05 Free Me Fresia, Tresemme' Flawless Curls, LVPNG, Neutrogena Triple Moisture. Shampoo
: Tresemme' Flawless Curls. Silicone Serum
: Whatever is on sale, but I don't leave home without it.