Go Back   CurlTalk > Hair > Keratin Services and Treatment

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Red face Getting the Keratin Treatment!!! IM SCARED

hey guys its chloe,

today im getting the keratin treatment at my local salon, and i have 3a/3b hair. Im really scared. Like im unsure on how it will look in the end... will it be like 2c? 2b? and do you know how long will it last? and any specific products?

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH loveyouall
<3
xo1chloe1ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
 
DimePiece17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 521
Default

this question has been answered a million times over. Not to sound pissy, but it's a little frustrating when people like myself write detailed reviews and decriptions and people don't take the 5 minutes to read through a thread to find the answer. Instead, we are supposed to do the work for you.

Well, I'm bowing out. I'll still be around if people want to ping me with questions OR there are new questions. but this one...I've literally answered it at least 10 times. recently, too.
DimePiece17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM   #3
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 478
Default

This is her first post. Maybe she's been a long time lurker, but has never searched through threads. Maybe she just wants moral support.

Hope it went okay
__________________
Mostly relaxed, yet still curly hair, which I am going to try to grow out with daily conditioner rinses and a shampoo once or twice a week.

Officially Transitioning since March 2011.
Last Relaxer September 2010

Got some kind of curly bangs going here! And I think my bangs are all natural!

I think that my natural hair is somewhere between a 3b and a 3c, I hope it's not too soon to tell!
lesliegonnacurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #4
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Default Just had it done on 3a/b hair

Hi Chloe,

Actually, I don't think this HAS been answered a million times over for people with 3a/3b hair. I have the same hair type as you, and got the Coppola keratin last night. I had searched for about a week on this site for specific answers/pictures of the results for people who have 3a/b hair, and couldn't find anything. (I did hear, over and over, that the Coppola treatment apparently doesn't work for people who have 3c or 4 curls--but that's not our hair type, so that information is irrelevant.)

I took a "before" picture, a photo last night immediately after the keratin treatment, and will take another "after" photo once I can wash it (Saturday afternoon or so). I hope this will help people who have questions about the treatment for our specific hair type.

Now that it's the next day, I don't think my hair feels any softer. It didn't burn my eyes or anything like that, and in fact it had a kind of pleasant coconutty smell--so the process itself wasn't too bad. (Also, the stylist who did mine, here in NYC, is extremely fast--I was done in 2 hours, not the standard 3. My hair was washed twice with clarifying shampoo, then blow-dried. The keratin was painted on, then blow-dried again, then flat-ironed--with two irons, working separately. Much quicker than I thought!)

Hope it went well for you!



Quote:
Originally Posted by xo1chloe1ox View Post
hey guys its chloe,

today im getting the keratin treatment at my local salon, and i have 3a/3b hair. Im really scared. Like im unsure on how it will look in the end... will it be like 2c? 2b? and do you know how long will it last? and any specific products?

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH loveyouall
<3
ScarlettMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettMW View Post
Hi Chloe,

Actually, I don't think this HAS been answered a million times over for people with 3a/3b hair. I have the same hair type as you, and got the Coppola keratin last night. I had searched for about a week on this site for specific answers/pictures of the results for people who have 3a/b hair, and couldn't find anything. (I did hear, over and over, that the Coppola treatment apparently doesn't work for people who have 3c or 4 curls--but that's not our hair type, so that information is irrelevant.)

I took a "before" picture, a photo last night immediately after the keratin treatment, and will take another "after" photo once I can wash it (Saturday afternoon or so). I hope this will help people who have questions about the treatment for our specific hair type.

Now that it's the next day, I don't think my hair feels any softer. It didn't burn my eyes or anything like that, and in fact it had a kind of pleasant coconutty smell--so the process itself wasn't too bad. (Also, the stylist who did mine, here in NYC, is extremely fast--I was done in 2 hours, not the standard 3. My hair was washed twice with clarifying shampoo, then blow-dried. The keratin was painted on, then blow-dried again, then flat-ironed--with two irons, working separately. Much quicker than I thought!)

Hope it went well for you!



Quote:
Originally Posted by xo1chloe1ox View Post
hey guys its chloe,

today im getting the keratin treatment at my local salon, and i have 3a/3b hair. Im really scared. Like im unsure on how it will look in the end... will it be like 2c? 2b? and do you know how long will it last? and any specific products?

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH loveyouall
<3
thank you so much. yeah i just got it done and it took 2 and a half hours.
im nervous to see the results and my hair is super smooth
so far im loving the results.

keep me posted <3
xo1chloe1ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:43 PM   #6
 
curlykayaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
Default

I hope you both post pics!

Living here in Florida, I'm now in the dew point highs - 70s+. And I just can't take my hair anymore!

I'm hoping that this treatment could help with the volume I have. I've heard you have less volume with the treatment. I tried blowing out my hair the other day, what a joke. It takes way too long.

I'd love to hear how your 3a-b hair responds.
curlykayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #7
 
Nitemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Default

I have 3a hair. After keratin (I have used both Coppola and QOD), it is a 2. The curl is a little looser and the volume is very much decreased. It also feels a lot softer and more healthy.

I can also blow my hair out straight without having to flat iron every little piece.

Now that I have found Keratin, I am never going back!!
Nitemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:26 PM   #8
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

I hope you 3a ladies post some pics! Im a 3a too and Im currently waiting for a stylist an hour and a half away to call me back for a consult. I don't want to loose my curls just the frizz, but I wouldn't mind taking it down to a wave. Im so tired of hanging out with fam and friends around the water fearing someone will splash me with water and poof! Lol
Amarenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #9
 
Nitemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 36
Default

Amarenth,

My profile picture was taken the week after my first keratin treatment. I will try to get some new pics posted soon.

My curl pattern has not changed all that much. The biggest change is the amount of volume and the total lack of frizz. I love it.
Nitemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

Thanks, I just made my appt for Thursday, I'll try to do some pics too. Im stoked, 'lil scared but definitely doing it!
Amarenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 PM   #11
 
anniemae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarenth View Post
Thanks, I just made my appt for Thursday, I'll try to do some pics too. Im stoked, 'lil scared but definitely doing it!
Good luck - don't be scared. You'll love it!!

Let us know how it goes.
__________________
Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
anniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coppola, keratin treatment
Trending Topics[-]hide

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com