CurlTalk

CurlTalk (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/)
-   Makeup/skin care (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/makeup-skin-care/)
-   -   Freaking out about my skin after using OCM :( (http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/makeup-skin-care/155057-freaking-out-about-my-skin-after-using-ocm.html)

voiletlight 02-13-2013 08:25 AM

Freaking out about my skin after using OCM :(
 
Hey everyone,

New to the forum and am kind of panicking :(

I read that Castor oil was good for under eye circles, so I gave it a go. THe next day I thought that the cirlces were worse. I tried it again the next night and thought I saw a few lines that weren't there. I left it alone, and tried it a week later, and definitely noticed a few more lines.

Since then I've tried the oil cleansing method a few times. I've kept away from castor oil and have used Olive oil and Avocado oil (not at the same time). And the skin under my eyes keeps getting worse! :( It's like crepe paper, and I swear I have new lines forming every day. In addition the lines are my forehead seem more pronounced. I'm all about using food on the face and last night I even tried cream (dairy), but the degradation seems to be continuing...

I'm devastated and don't know what to do. I kept hoping that this was a "getting better before getting worse" because at the same time I do feel like hte texture of my skin is changing (getting thicker) but I don't know if I should jump ship at this point.

My skin is thin, delicate, with a tendency to be dry and I get rosacea (not acne, just flushing).

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

JLeighs 02-13-2013 05:25 PM

OCM can be very drying because it cleanses your face so deeply. I look much older when my skin is dehydrated, and yes, I do get lines that go away when my skin is back in balance. I do OCM but no more than once or twice a week because it really, really dried out my skin when I was doing it every other day. I would back off for a week or so and use lots of moisturizing skin products. When your skin is properly hydrated/moisturized again, you can start back up with the OCM in moderation, and don't overdo the castor oil. I use castor, but it's 1 part castor to 2 parts of another oil. Too much castor oil is very drying. Hope that helps!

voiletlight 02-13-2013 06:44 PM

THanks J! What moisturising products would you recommend? Do you mean store-bought cosmetics? I was so enjoying putting only natural stuff on my face :(

JLeighs 02-13-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voiletlight (Post 2119497)
THanks J! What moisturising products would you recommend? Do you mean store-bought cosmetics? I was so enjoying putting only natural stuff on my face :(

I get my skin care stuff from Garden of Wisdom. They have lots of very nice natural skin care products.

thelio 02-14-2013 10:48 AM

I use the ocm to clear up my skin. i use a blend of castor oil, jojoba oil, teas tree oil, and lavender oil. I use more castor oil in the summer because i dont need more moisture, but less in the winter when my skin dries out. castor oil is good for cleansing, but you need something for moisture. you ca try jojoba oil or a little bit of shea butter. thats the only things i use to moisturize my skin.

voiletlight 02-14-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLeighs (Post 2119500)
I get my skin care stuff from Garden of Wisdom. They have lots of very nice natural skin care products.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thelio (Post 2119836)
you need something for moisture. you ca try jojoba oil or a little bit of shea butter. thats the only things i use to moisturize my skin.

Thanks both of you! At the moment I'm using a cream with Urea. The wrinkles under my eyes are so much worse than they were last week... I'm just stunned by this. I really hope I haven't done permanent damage but it's not looking good :( Possibly the biggest mistake I've made (in relation to my face, ha.)

JLeighs 02-14-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by voiletlight (Post 2119857)

Thanks both of you! At the moment I'm using a cream with Urea. The wrinkles under my eyes are so much worse than they were last week... I'm just stunned by this. I really hope I haven't done permanent damage but it's not looking good :( Possibly the biggest mistake I've made (in relation to my face, ha.)

I'm pretty sure that once your skin is moisturized again, it will be back to normal. I've gotten plenty of lines around my eyes that went away once my skin was back in balance. My staples (that I get from Garden of Wisdom) are: plain Hyaluronic Acid, a couple of good hydrosol sprays, and then a couple of their skin creams. My two favorites are the Coconut Revival Cream and the ReNew Cream. Both are excellent. Occasionally I'll add some Emu oil into the mix as well, but in the winter that isn't enough moisture for my skin. For cleansing, my hands-down favorite in the winter is Earth Science A-D-E creamy cleanser which you can get at places like Whole Foods and other health food stores.

VTmom 02-17-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLeighs (Post 2120243)
For cleansing, my hands-down favorite in the winter is Earth Science A-D-E creamy cleanser which you can get at places like Whole Foods and other health food stores.

I love this cleanser as well! :bom:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 NaturallyCurly.com